[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

Concerns of Current State of TERA NA

First of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a well-known player in the end-game community. I love this game and I have been playing this game since beta and when it went f2p. I have invested a lot of my time over the years to progress to where I am now on TERA.

We cannot deny that TERA is dying, it's sad to see the direction TERA is going and not enough effort is put in to deal with these problems. We can blame BHS for a lot of this because of the content/systems they come up with, but there are still certain things EME can do help fix it. These are issues I've talked to many people and reasons why a lot more people have stopped playing this patch.

1. Buff AQ loot - by a lot, and permanently and not through events. This is our current "end-game" dungeon which uses a lot of coins and barely drops anything with maybe a 5% or less chance of dropping a gold item (which is then rng'd into the piece you need for you to be able to even roll on it). The "double drop" we had a few weeks ago was pathetic, many argued it was not even double drop as we did not see double the amount of scrolls dropped every run. Add loot that's not in the table now: Diamonds, Right Half maps, Relics/Halidoms, Dark Shard Weapon/Armor feedstock. Make it a higher chance of gold gear dropping, higher chance of Improved Armor/Weapon feedstock dropping, and add item XP to AQ vanguard.

2. More sources for Annihilation and Dark Light gear - As many of you may know, KTERA announced Mythical gear which is an upgrade to Annihilation/Dark Light gear, it keeps any enchanment level or any extra rolls that is from Annhiliation/Dark Light. Not only that it is super hard to obtain a piece of gold gear right now, its EXTREMELY hard to find ones with the right rolls. There are too many layers of rng to ever get the items you want for the end-game. I checked on TERA EU's trade broker yesterday, there were a lot of stuff listed on the broker and with all types because TERA EU has other content such as Wolderholme which drops gold gear more often. We can solve the same problem on NA by buffing loot in AQ and any future dungeons. It honestly wouldn't hurt EME or the players by having more gold gear in the game, more people would find items they would want on the broker. For example, currently there are 0 Annhilation Lances at all for sale on both servers. I understand that Gold gear is a luxury and should not be given out like candy, but at the same time it should not be this hard.

To sum this point up, more gold gear in game = more trading, higher motive to do content, higher motive to farm more gold to get better gear that's on the market, more enchanting aka more swiping for EME = more alive game.

1. Make masks and belt more available - This was suppose to be easy with the world boss Maknakh, getting the last hit of this boss would have guaranteed you a Annhilation/Dark Light Mask or Belt. Since this world boss was removed on KTERA due to server crashes, we unfortunately did not get it also with our patch. The only source right now is through Azart Force Signs and Azart Tokens. EME has tried to resolve this issue through login events and starlyn events, but to be honest we need a permanent solution and not just from events, people who miss these events will feel like they can never obtain it unless they pay a ridiculous amount to buy it. My solution would be buffing the drop rates of Azart Force Signs and Azart Tokens from mobs/bams all over Exodor again. With the extremely low drop rates, the event where we had 2x the drop rate wasn't enough, it should be at least 3-4x.

2. Lack of materials needed for this patch - Mainly etching stuff, no source of Superior Etching Boxes, which is needed for all this new gear. Prices have went from 3k to 15k per box, and will keep going up until a new source is added. Need more Titan's Storm/Earths for accessory etchings, currently barely anything on the broker, dungeons no longer drop Tier 3 etchings as they used to, need plenty for Tier 4 etching. Only source right now is from people hoarding from patches ago.

3. Promote PVP - Basically most of the PvP'ers I know in this game has quit or only PvE now because the PvP scene is dead. I know there are battleground spotlights but to be honest they haven't not been working too well, at most a few games pop a day then it dies very early. Battleground Shop needs to be updated into more newer and relevant materials. Add battleground jackpots back, or anything that makes it more exciting. I know this part is out of EME's control and up to BHS but, bring back Fraywind Canyon.

I'm usually not the type to make long posts voicing my concerns, and I know many people have done this in the past and was ignored, but I feel like this is the last straw of hope for me for this game. TERA's still a great game and has potential to be in a better state than it currently is. All we need is for EME to listen and make some minor changes that would greatly improve our gameplay experience.

Comments

• You can still get etching boxes from world bosses,but since that aren't that many people can easily camp them and monopolize the market,i agree we need more ways of getting everything, but bear in mind, this wasn't the first post about the stuff we needed, and it won't be the last, so i'm sure only counterpoint is going to read this and pass to them again what's already been given.

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Add new materials to bellicarium merchant so people will do battlegrounds again. Add azart force signs and tokens to the merchant as well for say 25k credits per since its 400 for a random belt or mask. Sadly this thread is already DOA because eme has neglected the forums like they’ve neglected their game.
  • It's unbelievable that over NA, NOTHING IS DONE!
    EME is waiting for a magical solution from BHS that will never COME.

This server will be the first one to die.

• SEA was the first to die.

• @Aluh said:
    SEA was the first to die.

Well... technically China, but that was many years ago.

• I'm talking about past level 70 patch , but you're not wrong.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

I think the main problem is that anyone thinks EME or BHS even care anymore. They are just milking the spit out of Tera until AIR comes out. No doubt the update team is working on Tera as they have nothing else to do yet and need to milk it as much as they can while they can. Everything they are doing now is to maximize cash flow, and as the release of AIR approaches, it will only get worse.

Obviously, EME knows something we don't know, which is why they aren't even bothering with a community team anymore. Why bother with a community team when you know it won't matter anyways. Surely, BHS isn't going to hire a new update team for AIR, so who will be working on Tera? No one.

• Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

I predict AIR will fail at launch and that it will nobody will care to res it

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

@Maldicion159 said:

No, it will have somewhat of a life seeing as everyone wants to try something new. BHS will put everything into AIR and will be doing everything they can to force Tera players over to their new game. This latest gear revamp along with the advanced HO gear will let them milk a bit more money from Tera players, but even long-term players are getting burned out from the constant grinding and new higher level gear. BHS stating they are going to start making stuff easier is a joke and timed perfectly to sell max amount of mat boxes.

• JoseMercedJoseMerced ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When AIR is come out i highly sure that they will take down EME.
  • Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Christin said:

@Maldicion159 said:

No, it will have somewhat of a life seeing as everyone wants to try something new. BHS will put everything into AIR and will be doing everything they can to force Tera players over to their new game. This latest gear revamp along with the advanced HO gear will let them milk a bit more money from Tera players, but even long-term players are getting burned out from the constant grinding and new higher level gear. BHS stating they are going to start making stuff easier is a joke and timed perfectly to sell max amount of mat boxes.

I expect it be an artificial cashgrab. I feel like BHS has been gifted great ideas for games but management has decidedly fallen prey to the hot hand fallacy and expects success no matter what. I've been watching korean multiplayer games fall short of expectations a lot over the past 2 years.

I don't think inventing a new universe in a genre they already have a game in that needs attention paid to its fundamentals is the way forward.
    Just taking steps to make TERA feel like less of a theme park and more like a breathing, living world would do a lot in terms of neutralizing the rapidly fleeing playerbase. I don't expect AIR to make much progression in this regard and people will realize they've already had the facade of a game crumble over the years to reveal it's brutal emptiness (TERA)

In failing to resurrect TERA players will be signaled that AIR will inevitably turn out the same way, and will enter with less naivete. we're a jaded lot going into 2020.
    I had already played a KMMO that turned out just the same as TERA before TERA was released...and I'm still here, but I'm actually starting to look for my exit...anyone else would have made theirs ages ago.