Ninja Art Contest winners announced.

13

Comments

  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to bleach eyes every time I see that hideous loading screen...
  • OMG what were they thinking putting that purple garbage as a loading screen?

    It's extremely annoying and uncomfortable on the eyes! Like a plasma slap in the face it sneaks up on you!

    And by the way, it's hideous.
  • SawaoSawao ✭✭
    Blinding color palette in loading screens aside, I'm just really upset Rumi's entry wasn't selected a winner. It's easily one of the cleanest in artistic proficiency I've seen among those selected and my personal favorite just over Zhagal's and Shardkeeper's - and while I may be biased towards the art style, I can't help but express how elated I am that it still shows up as a loading screen despite that. You go Rumi, Zhagal, and Shardkeeper, whomever you all are; killer entries.
  • Calla wrote: »
    2Hearts wrote: »
    Perhaps lower your screens brightness level? :( You can also ALT TAB when you have to RNG loading screens.

    Congratulations to the winners!

    I agree with a lot of people here, the art submitted was all beautiful. I wish there could be more honorable mentions, there were so many wonderful entries that also deserved the limelight but they have to draw the line somewhere.

    I also agree that it would be nice if it could be desaturated somehow, I don't want to have to change my screen for a single game and I hate that I have to tab out every time I'm hit with a certain loading screen. It's a really well-done piece, it's just also really, really, really hard on my eyes (color-wise, the design is lovely).

    It's a rock and a hard place, you're not supposed to modify game files, but nothing has made me consider it until this, for nothing other than literally my health.


    My thoughts exactly. An example of fairness to a contest winner shouldn't be held at a higher standard than the consumers' health. The art in question is still a winning piece in the contest, but an adjustment is in order.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I've removed several comments in this thread that are negative in nature, and might serve to discourage or slander the people who spent hours of their time creating works of art for the TERA community to enjoy.

    Yeah, enjoy it and shut up. Nobody cares about how you feel, what you enjoy or what you'd like to see or not see regularly unless you are a contest winner. Frak off with your "my eyes hurt", there's a guy out there who spent whole 5min pouring the most obnoxious pink ever over a childish drawing and his feels trump your chronic migraines that get triggered every time that thing show sup on your screen. How hard is that to understand, people? Get your priorities straight and stop complaining.
  • MesogogMesogog ✭✭✭
    Is there somewhere we could view all of the artworks submitted?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the entry does bother my eyes as well. It actually hurts my head a little as I am sensitive. I know that some people here don't like that it won since it looks childish, or too simple and that it may have taken no time compared to others; how ever, from a different point of view as to why it shouldn't have won is that it basically won because it stood out. It's nice to encourage being different, although, rewarding being different for the sake of it is not something I agree with. There were other entries that while may not have been different from a style point of view, were different in other ways and were of much higher quality.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Mesogog wrote: »
    Is there somewhere we could view all of the artworks submitted?

    you'll have to check the stream where spacecats was looking at the entries.
  • I'm sorry but the Overcolored Winner is actually a medical problem for me. I have Hypersensitivity, meaning all my senses are extremely heightened allowing me to see in near darkness. This is because my iris opens and closes at an abnormal rate. Having a 34 inch curved widescreen, when that art comes up it actually not only strains my iris to close fast the shock of light gives me a headache.

    Now many people will most likely just fob this off. However the first time it hit me I couldn't turn my head fast enough and ended up with a migraine. This is not a comment about the artwork but the contrasting effects transitional to the game colors and the screen I use to play.

    I can't think of anything that eme would do to help realistically, however I would ask for future contests that entries use a similar color palette, and style to the game so that such jarring changes in screen color do not impair players vision, or potentially cause sight impairment.

    Thank you.
  • GundouGundou ✭✭
    I tried desaturation and it totally messed up the artwork. Greyscale is a no go either. Vibrance however, looks good. Vibrance set to +45 and Vibrance Saturation set to -30 makes it look pastel-ish.

    23956249756.jpg


    Just messing around with it though. No intention of ruffling any feathers, sorry if I did. :)
  • Zarathiel wrote: »
    i hope that guy from highwatch get a good reward... because in his mind you can only find insanity.

    You say that like it's a bad thing!

  • ChrisehChriseh ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @Spacecats

    I don't think there's anything wrong with announcing Champloo's artwork as a winning piece. It's not my favourite and clearly not many others, but it was selected as a winning entry and I can respect that.

    Could you though have grey scaled the image to make it less in your face or just given them mention, with a note "we can't add it as a loading screen, because.." of the hate it would no doubt get for being so vibrantly blinding.

    No one likes to be slandered for a creative piece they've put their time, effort and feeling into. Considering these two points alone, I would have expected a considerate outcome for both the community and the artist involved.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acendia wrote: »
    I'll repost this from my other post as reference.
    2jsIwdr.png

    Nothing against the quality of this one, but HOLY CRAP it's like a neon light burning my retinas every. single. time it comes up.
    Please if there's a way to remove this can somebody share it, because it's unbearable. Again, I like the style and props to whoever made it, but jesus christ man, it's neon pink hitting people in the face every time they see a loading screen.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    Gundou wrote: »
    I tried desaturation and it totally messed up the artwork. Greyscale is a no go either. Vibrance however, looks good. Vibrance set to +45 and Vibrance Saturation set to -30 makes it look pastel-ish.

    23956249756.jpg


    Just messing around with it though. No intention of ruffling any feathers, sorry if I did. :)

    Oooh, that's a rather pleasant color pallet to look at.
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Yeah, enjoy it and shut up. Nobody cares about how you feel, what you enjoy or what you'd like to see or not see regularly unless you are a contest winner. Frak off with your "my eyes hurt", there's a guy out there who spent whole 5min pouring the most obnoxious pink ever over a childish drawing and his feels trump your chronic migraines that get triggered every time that thing show sup on your screen. How hard is that to understand, people? Get your priorities straight and stop complaining.

    I can't stop laughing omg
Sign In or Register to comment.