[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Yule War Rewards

The tweet about Yule War says we can earn "great rewards". Where are they? The shop for these overly-complicated to acquire tokens is full of garbage, where do we get the "great rewards"?

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

You mean for the Wintera stuff? Any screenshots?

• Seriously only Elin costumes rewards from Santa toys? Really? they already have 3 other options but you couldn't put ONE random smartbox costumes for the other races? Seriously?

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brice1914 said:
    Seriously only Elin costumes rewards from Santa toys? Really? they already have 3 other options but you couldn't put ONE random smartbox costumes for the other races? Seriously?

Before we get the usual canned "eLiN iS wHeRe ThE mOnEy Is!" line, I recently had a thought about that.

Yes, elin is where the money is. You know where even more money is? Everyone else plus the people who play elin. Just focusing on a single race or class just pisses off those other players and makes them more hesitant to buy something the next time. EME (and BHS by extension) can get more money by giving people more options.

Speaking of, while I'm a little disappointed there are no bonus account items from this years Gift Boxes, I'm glad that there isn't yet another elin-only item.

So, you know... silver linings.

• The Wintera rewards are the exact same as last year. Literally. They even use the same tokens that have a note saying they be removed in January of 2019, not 2020, and since last year's rewards were terrible, this years are too.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

It's not even that it's Elin-only costumes, it's really just a single costume in 3 different colors. Even the consumables are trash because they're temporary.

And no, I wasn't talking about Wintera. I haven't even looked at that yet this year.

Please add transparent masks and hidden weapon sheaths for 1 santa doll each. Even KTera practically gave them away (do they still?)

• @SageWindu said:

@Brice1914 said:
    Seriously only Elin costumes rewards from Santa toys? Really? they already have 3 other options but you couldn't put ONE random smartbox costumes for the other races? Seriously?

Before we get the usual canned "eLiN iS wHeRe ThE mOnEy Is!" line, I recently had a thought about that.

Yes, elin is where the money is. You know where even more money is? Everyone else plus the people who play elin. Just focusing on a single race or class just pisses off those other players and makes them more hesitant to buy something the next time. EME (and BHS by extension) can get more money by giving people more options.

Speaking of, while I'm a little disappointed there are no bonus account items from this years Gift Boxes, I'm glad that there isn't yet another elin-only item.

So, you know... silver linings.

I find myself whole heartedly agreeing with you again. I don't understand why they wouldn't do Christmas items for other races. It makes zero sense to me.

• Only Elins will have a christmas in Tera so don't stick those damn trees in my way

• Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Arnetra said:
    The Wintera rewards are the exact same as last year. Literally. They even use the same tokens that have a note saying they be removed in January of 2019, not 2020, and since last year's rewards were terrible, this years are too.

huh I didn't do the event at all last year.

@TJKat said:
    It's not even that it's Elin-only costumes, it's really just a single costume in 3 different colors. Even the consumables are trash because they're temporary.

And no, I wasn't talking about Wintera. I haven't even looked at that yet this year.

Please add transparent masks and hidden weapon sheaths for 1 santa doll each. Even KTera practically gave them away (do they still?)

ye I'd like a transparent mask
    don't care about hidden weapon sheathe as much

I feel like there was an opportunity to make a scavenger hunt for Santa that people could do in a raid, then summon once someone finds him and everyone gets the reward
    no need for bloodshed

it's kind of isolatative to farm the little [filtered] santas.

I was also hoping for BC from doing the Wintera Snowball fight

and cheaper plates on BC store because lmao enchant resets and progress doesn't build upon itself
    they're priced at 200k credits each and 20k might be fair. 40k is easy to call balanced.

• By the way, for the Wintera stuff (that EME added back from last year), there have been some adjustments to the merchant based on feedback.

Regarding the Elin costumes in the merchant stuff for the other event, Rox posted this on Discord earlier today:

They were last second additions on Bluehole part (after we discussed a bit back and forth). Originally, no costumes were intended. Those Elin costumes were meant to be sold. We changed course on that, and we added the elin super garment bag as an additional grind item, for those who really dig the event.
    TL;DR: Costumes weren't part of it up until the final hour.

I don't know if there has been any discussion of further changes to that, but that's the latest info.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

Wait, so the already terrible selection of stuff you can get from santa dolls was originally supposed to be even worse?

And why are transparent masks and hidden weapon sheathes so expensive? These are items that should be given away FREE to every new character created. Even KTera made them super easy to get, why are they treated like some exclusive super premium item in NA? Especially the masks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's spent a decent amount of time in character creation who's efforts are now wasted because my characters' faces are covered up by some ugly stat-mask.

• Maldicion159Maldicion159 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Koreans don't give a [filtered] about Christ or the phony holiday that is supposed to celebrate him
    we are only dollar signs to them

since that may have come off a bit harsh and in lieu of EME responding to player feedback with the new Wintera items I'm going to balance out that statement to include of most of the playerbase in the group of people who don't care about Christ and that some are even decidedly satanic.

• and you gotta win Wintera 100x to get a mask hider...
    unless they buffed the rate which I doubt

• Is Wintera working? I tried to queue for 30mins but it didn't work.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Maldicion159 said:
    Koreans don't give a [filtered] about Christ or the phony holiday that is supposed to celebrate him
    we are only dollar signs to them

since that may have come off a bit harsh and in lieu of EME responding to player feedback with the new Wintera items I'm going to balance out that statement to include of most of the playerbase in the group of people who don't care about Christ and that some are even decidedly satanic.

First of all just under 1/3 of the population of South Korea is in fact Christian. Second, just because you don't share someone's beliefs....regardless what those beliefs are, doesn't mean you need to insult them.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@Maldicion159 said:
    and you gotta win Wintera 100x to get a mask hider...
    unless they buffed the rate which I doubt

They need to remove 3 zeros from the cost of transparent masks and hidden weapon sheaths. I don't know why EME insists on punishing us.