Santa Toy merchant only gives Elin Outfits ? Grats lolicons, grats.

So lemme guess, En Masses has zero control over this too right ?

Comments

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

Elin master race.

• edited December 2019

My understanding is that this event was provided (for any regions that wanted it) by BHS. Doesn't mean that EME couldn't manually change the merchants, in theory, but I don't think they expressly set it this way either.

• But why wouldn't they put costumes in an event shop for all races? That just seems...well not very Christmasy!

• right ? i get it. elins are by far the most used class. there are already far more costumes for elins than any other. but on top of that you only release elin costumes for a christmas event ? man , tis the season to be a lolicon.

• I don't want an outfit because I don't get much from playing dressup.
    they're paid for with the blood of a thousand miniature santas anyways.
    a mount might have been cool.
    maybe a wreath
    what about Christmas trees that work like sandcastles or half day signs
    just brainstorming here in a forum that EME/BHS/Kraft Mac n Cheesy doesn't read

• So, buy costume on store for other race and EME will listen to you

• @Konatta98 said:
    So, buy costume on store for other race and EME will listen to you

yeah I am already paying my $14.99 monthly for elite status, Why the hell should I put more money in the store only for one race to benefit entirely from it?

Even when the costumes are free if you choose to participate in the event your still excluded if your not an elllin.

• @counterpoint said:
    My understanding is that this event was provided (for any regions that wanted it) by BHS. Doesn't mean that EME couldn't manually change the merchants, in theory, but I don't think they expressly set it this way either.

EME COULD change a whole lot in the game. There have been people that have picked apart this game, found the GM mode console. Spacecats used it as did bearshoes. Fact of the matter is that EME either has nobody tech savvy enough to attempt changing anything in the game or they refuse to hire and pay somebody to do it. My guess is nobody they have currently wants extra duties for the same pay (THIS IS MURICA) even if they CAN change anything. EU is touted as having many more events than NA this IS because they have 2 guys that actually play the game. These two dudes saw the grind listened to how it effect the playerbase an LO and BEHOLD there soon came an official "Complain to BHS here box" followed by a letter from the Developers AFTER they changed events to lessen the grind by THEMSELVES for their region. Look at the differences in the games across the regions and dont tell me these are tailor made to different regions BY BHS this would be both costly for ktera and why do it yourselves if the diffrent regions can do it better or not at all (NA). NA EU RA versions are hugely different because of the localization teams and the amount of manpower they have. THEY ACTUALLY BAN FISH BOTTTERS IN EU!!!

This is the north western hemisphere of the world people here have a thing for elins its the player base. I dont have the loli [filtered] but thats what the player base wants and thats what they sell and cram down our throats. Just be happy that somebody along the way decided to make a castanic and high elf garment bag for once in the pay to look good part of the p2w store.

Nobody has mentioned the jagged feed stock boxes dissapearing in conjunction with the ease of getting eternal along with the fact the for 25$ you too can get 25 improved feedstock through the christmas event. Guys its a cash grab.

You dont want elin only stuff convince all the uwu's to stop buying costumes and instead buy baraka male outfits, watch how fast baraka only events and cash bundles happen.

OH btw WHY is the castanic and high elf bundles cost more than the enlin ones? LOL no dont answer it was a funny rhetorical question.

• edited December 2019

@HitAhARD16 said:
    Look at the differences in the games across the regions and dont tell me these are tailor made to different regions BY BHS this would be both costly for ktera and why do it yourselves if the diffrent regions can do it better or not at all (NA).

That's right -- the differences you noted are done by each region, and other events are provided by BHS. BHS might advise the region on how they recommend local events be balanced or whatever, but BHS doesn't centrally do region-specific balance. As for why EME doesn't do regions-specific balancing anymore, I've alluded to this a number of times here in the past, but I would summarize to say that EME top management seemingly decided they won't volunteer to re-do BHS's job for free anymore, whereas EU seems to just do whatever they want regardless of what BHS does. Obviously the latter approach has big benefits for players, though politically I can imagine there are some problems with that when you're in the same corporate family (which Gameforge is not).

Anyway, regarding this specific event, as I reposted in another thread, it seems that the event as originally provided by BHS had no costumes, and the Elin costumes were supposed to be sold, but they decided at the last minute for these costumes to be in the event instead. So that's how it ended up this way, if nothing else.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:
    EME top management seemingly decided they won't volunteer to re-do BHS's job for free anymore,

Adapting the game to our region is NOT re-doing BHS' job for free. It's doing the job they're paid to do. If all they're going to do is regurgitate the content BHS sends them, why does EME even exist at this point?

• If all they're going to do is regurgitate the content BHS sends them, why does EME even exist at this point?

yeap. and like so many posts before this , they keep making one bad decision after another.
    for example , this elin outfit thing. its clear as day ...

every management knows that favoritism exists. can't be helped.
    but when you rub it in peoples faces, thats when trouble comes in.

everybody knows elins are the main race. so yes, by all means give them an outfit in multiple colors, and an elin only outfit box.
    but then you must also give everyone else something . something ugly and cheap maybe ? a barely-there attempt at appeasement is at least something.

one bad decision after another.

• edited December 2019

@TJKat said:

@counterpoint said:
    EME top management seemingly decided they won't volunteer to re-do BHS's job for free anymore,

Adapting the game to our region is NOT re-doing BHS' job for free. It's doing the job they're paid to do. If all they're going to do is regurgitate the content BHS sends them, why does EME even exist at this point?

Honestly, there's no one at EME paid to "adapt the game to our region." They're paid to publish BHS's game in our region, manage the cash shop, maintain the schedule of running events, keep the servers running/maintained, perform local market patch QA and deployment testing (not related to the developer's own QA of the game itself), handle customer support requests, provide backend infrastructure/"platform" support (single-sign on, payment flows for the store, data analytics/reporting, etc.), relay developer news to the players and player feedback and data to the developers, etc. Basically, they're a local market liaison between the developers (who manage the game) and the developer's customers (us). As best as I can tell (considering both their corporate marketing statements and the actual results), that's the sort of "service company" EME has positioned itself to be now -- they're for developers who need a hand handling all the behind-the-scenes work of bringing their game to market.

I'm not saying that their philosophy is the right/best approach (it has an obviously negative impact to us, and is subtly changed compared to their old approach), but I think it's pretty fair to say that this is their point of view for the past few years, and it plays into the way TERA has been managed.

Again, please understand that I am not trying to defend them. Just trying to explain what I see happening and speculate as to why. These are the hurdles we face when trying to ask them to "adapt the game to our market" when the decision is that this is not their role to play.

• getting through your post was a bit of a hurdle for me, but I've reached the end and what you're trying to say is that EME is a group of janitors
    Which is funny because from the Wikipedia page we learn

The original En Masse leadership team had extensive experience in the video game industry at leading companies, including Blizzard Entertainment, Microsoft, NCsoft, ArenaNet, and Electronic Arts

which would mean that they failed their janitorial roles at these companies and were gathered in EME
    because I would expect the role of janitor in these highly lucrative and early established Electronic Entertainment companies would come with a certain amount of job security.

the "don't shoot the messenger" defense is cute
    the inability of the community to recognize the BHS enforced helplessness of EME probably contributes to @counterpoint being the only person left to monitor forums on their behalf

• @counterpoint said:

@HitAhARD16 said:
    Look at the differences in the games across the regions and dont tell me these are tailor made to different regions BY BHS this would be both costly for ktera and why do it yourselves if the diffrent regions can do it better or not at all (NA).

That's right -- the differences you noted are done by each region, and other events are provided by BHS. BHS might advise the region on how they recommend local events be balanced or whatever, but BHS doesn't centrally do region-specific balance. As for why EME doesn't do regions-specific balancing anymore, I've alluded to this a number of times here in the past, but I would summarize to say that EME top management seemingly decided they won't volunteer to re-do BHS's job for free anymore, whereas EU seems to just do whatever they want regardless of what BHS does. Obviously the latter approach has big benefits for players, though politically I can imagine there are some problems with that when you're in the same corporate family (which Gameforge is not).

Anyway, regarding this specific event, as I reposted in another thread, it seems that the event as originally provided by BHS had no costumes, and the Elin costumes were supposed to be sold, but they decided at the last minute for these costumes to be in the event instead. So that's how it ended up this way, if nothing else.

I am delighted they chose not to sell the costumes for Elins, it's nice to not have to fork over wads of cash once in a while. I got one and I love it. So I am indeed appreciative of their choice on that.

That being said...if a player went to the forums and made some racist comments about races in the real world and someone reported it they would be warned or even banned. But yet when EME chooses to hold an event...a Christmas event which is about spreading joy to ALL who choose to partake and leave out 6 races...thus making them in effect racist within the terms of the game it's ok?

We live in a world right now that is attempting to be inclusive, but yet they don't include any other races in the costumes. I know it's not nearly as serious since it's just avatars in a game, but it's an EVENT available for everyone on the game. Everyone should have the same rewards available for their character. People already complain that there aren't many costumes for the other races, so why exclude them for an event? A friend of mine just a few days ago was trying to get a costume for his human male character and he said the options were so limited. People do want these things. I know Elin costumes are where the money is, but people spend even more money when more options are available and when they don't feel left out.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:
    Honestly, there's no one at EME paid to "adapt the game to our region."

Thank you for summing up the problem with EME so well.

This discussion has been closed.