[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Returning Player confused

What happened to this game? When I used to kill a large monster out in the wild they would drop all sorts of stuff. When I would kill a boss in a dungeon they would drop a mess of loot. Now I kill a boss in a dungeon and they drop hp restore blobs. Same with out in the wild. I feel like I am accomplishing nothing. I get that a lot of the loot they would drop would be useless but at least I felt like I might get a chance at something. Now I feel like its just not worth the effort of fighting these long battle against monster with a billion hp to get nothing. I was hoping to come back and enjoy myself but instead it feels like a second job grinding for just xp. No wonder they had to close 1/2 the servers making me delete several characters to even log in.

Comments

• Game is pretty much forgotten by devs. Krafton is no longer keep this game up (haven't heard anything new for long time, just new costumes/mounts and boost loots in instances) and TERA is steadily going down hill in Korean MMO popularity ranks. So I'd say, coming back to this game is isn't really worth your time now.
    If you really have to kill your time in MMO, go pick up Blade & Soul, Black Desert or try Archeage. Where devs working hard to upgrade engine and constantly bring in new contents.

• What ? They just released 3 new dungeons and new brooch and new gear, wtf are u talking about no longer keep this game up, dont spread false info

• AnungAnung ✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Aluh said:
    What ? They just released 3 new dungeons and new brooch and new gear, wtf are u talking about no longer keep this game up, dont spread false info

LOOOOOOL, sorry but I had a good laugh with your comment hahaha, but you can't be serious.

• Totally serious, if you're not up to date with news that's your fault. yeah game is a hell lot of different but bhs is still pumping new stuff, dont spread bs info.

• @Aluh said:
    Totally serious, if you're not up to date with news that's your fault. yeah game is a hell lot of different but bhs is still pumping new stuff, dont spread bs info.

My friend I don't want to be rude with you but you don't know what is the meaning of "new stuff" actually you don't know about what are you talking about, listen I've been in this game since day one and in all my years playing Tera I can say that the "new updates" are pretty much the same thing but with a different color, however I understand that some people are easy to please. the recent updates has some decent stuff of course, but not at the level where you make it look, because being honest it has more downsides than anything else, I mean, just look at the player base it's a clearly sign of how the people lost the interest in the game, but anyway this game could be better for sure, unfortunately many people settle for anything so they don't feel the pressure to make good changes for the benefit of everyone.

So to conclude this reply, since I don't plan to keep answering you, I'm very frustrated with the current state of the PvP, because it was the main reason of why I started playing Tera and this is why I am dissatisfied with the recent changes, not because they add" new stuff" it means that everything is alright, I have a more objective critic and I have my reasons to don't be agree with the current state of this game, so stop imposing something that you consider true, because you don't help people with that, at least take your time and give your arguments, otherwise be quiet and keep your opinion to yourself, good bye.

• AluhAluh ✭✭
    edited December 2019

"the "new updates" are pretty much the same thing but with a different color", Tera has always been like that and nothing will that change, if you think they make new models for each new boss since 2013 you're a naive person. They are lazy and nothing will change that, even our little discussion here is meaningless,i do prefer to have "new" re-skinned bosses with other mechs rather than nothing at all.

" however I understand that some people are easy to please" Same as above, same models, if you're not used too that already then you're playing the wrong game and wanting something that BhS never cared about,you either play the game or keep crying on forums like you.

" I mean, just look at the player base it's a clearly sign of how the people lost the interest in the game" We have been losing players ever since we got the level 70 patch,insane grind and not worth your time unless you cared about being BiS and ingame ranks( which is a joke), and to top it off new expansion with a broken gearing process with rng on top of rng with pointless grind that is in no way healthy and worth it that made a lot of players quit,the obvious P2W aspect that Tera has become with new gear is what drove players away the most. Don't forget the proxy scandal that mEME did and made players seek refuge on EU, not that it would be any different now.

" but anyway this game could be better for sure, unfortunately many people settle for anything so they don't feel the pressure to make good changes for the benefit of everyone." This is somewhat true indeed this game could be a lot better for sure, but saying that players settle for anything is partially wrong, yes there are some that don't really care about and just want to play whatever is thrown at them, but there are a lot more players that care about the game, you can see that a lot on eme's discord, they keep getting complaints about the game and the same goes for EU, so it's not like they don't care, is just that BhS doesn't care about what other regions think, they are finally "trying" to listen to other regions given how low tera's pop has reached.

" I'm very frustrated with the current state of the PvP, because it was the main reason of why I started playing Tera and this is why I am dissatisfied with the recent changes" i won't give my 2 cents here since i never enjoyed doing pvp that much even though i have always been playing on MT and now KT. BhS won't care about PvP since afaik ktera doesnt really care about pvp. And if i'm not mistaken our server is the only one that still has a pvp server for god knows why, 'cus there is no pvp anymore.

" so stop imposing something that you consider true, because you don't help people with that, at least take your time and give your arguments, otherwise be quiet and keep your opinion to yourself, good bye." When you have people spreading miss-information about the game and when you call out apparently i'm the one imposing [filtered] that i consider true, what i said it's the truth, whether you like it or not it's a fact, and just because you dont like it doesnt mean it's wrong.
    I gave you my "arguments" about the merda you wrote have a good day and don't bother answering me, i won't be replying to you anymore.

Edit : typo

• Also, on another note, i do not like the way the game is going, but you either quit the game and move on, or just keep playing it.

• I don't really think any of this tangent addresses any of the comments in the opening post anyway. They were asking about changes in loot drops. I guess it probably would have been helpful to task what part of the game they're referring to (leveling content or end-game). Part of the change many years ago was when they switch mob drops towards vanguards to address botting concerns, but the level 65+ stuff changed the approach again. Progression in general is more gated and grindy now than it used to be, but having a loot pinata of mostly-unneeded things probably wouldn't fix that anyway.

• AnungAnung ✭✭
    edited December 2019

@counterpoint said:
    I don't really think any of this tangent addresses any of the comments in the opening post anyway. They were asking about changes in loot drops. I guess it probably would have been helpful to task what part of the game they're referring to (leveling content or end-game). Part of the change many years ago was when they switch mob drops towards vanguards to address botting concerns, but the level 65+ stuff changed the approach again. Progression in general is more gated and grindy now than it used to be, but having a loot pinata of mostly-unneeded things probably wouldn't fix that anyway.

Actually you are right, my apologies for that behavior, I just realized how pointless is to argue with someone on the forums, specially after reading the reply of this dude SMH lmao.

Going back to the point, the loot system changed a lot, now your rewards are divided into the rng that you might get from the boss and the reward that you get for completing a task in the vanguard request tab, in my opinion is not bad at all, when this game add some items it makes the things quite interesting haha, now about the grinding... from what I know some people from black desert shared their ideas to the developent of the recent updates, turning the game into a grindy simulator. Honestly I never had issues with the grind but the way that was implemented in tera feels clumsy and tedious as hell, I grinded bdo too but the difference that I found between tera and bdo grind is how smooth you make the things when you have to progress.

Conclusion, I don't recommend you to take Tera seriously or you will end up frustrated and as you said "it will become a chore", what I recommend you is to learn the ropes of the new system and play it with friends, otherwise you will end up quitting from the game in no time, relax and take it easy, you will get your progress eventually.

• seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure when you last played the game but a lot has changed since when i remember BAMs dropping items. level progression almost completely different and story quests have been reordered, gear progression is entirely revamped with the recently Exodor Archipelago patch, and so on. feel free to ask questions regarding how to progress in any of those, the community here is very welcoming to both new and returning players.

Happy holidays !

• Thanks for the replies I enjoy leveling alts and stuff so I enjoyed all the junk the Bams would drop. Also I have noticed all my accts have Tulpar but I have no idea how to get it for my new valkyrie any info would be appreciated.