[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Accepting Players for Dungeons

This discussion was created from comments split from: Server Issues Discussion (2020-01-08).

Comments

• I have a question
    because if this game depends on itself a team because they are so selective when making a dungeon I know that in some dungeons it is vital to know the mechanics but when they choose LFG they select the “best ones” to play and put aside the other players
    today I tried to join more than 10 lfg of AQ and none accepted and having all the parts of the yellow set at +10.
    WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE COMMUNITY KNOWING THAT THE GAME IS ALREADY DEAD TO SELECT THE PRECISION OF A SURGEON WITH WHOM TO PLAY.
    I do not understand, this game depends on everyone not one, accept more people do not suffer a cardiac arrest I promise.

• asusm5asusm5 ✭✭

people only accept skilled on dungeon .. i see some many people yellow set at +10 , ignoring all mechs , low dps , no body want carry p2w people . if you want get skilled .. make friend or a static party .

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

As much of a non-answer as this is, that's just the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. The game is built in such a way that a long fight actually feels like a long fight and most people want to avoid that, so of course they'll try to go for the path of least resistance as much as possible, be it class selection or whether or not you've already cleared that particular challenge X amount of times.

BHS doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to alleviate the issue, sadly. Scaling dungeons somewhat akin to Ace Dungeons would be a boon for the game regarding population (i.e. a person gets to play at their own pace and not someone else's. Partying becomes optional instead of mandatory and we have less threads like this one).

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭

Why does it matter if you can do AQ when you already got +10 yellow gear by buying it

• @SageWindu said:
    As much of a non-answer as this is, that's just the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. The game is built in such a way that a long fight actually feels like a long fight and most people want to avoid that, so of course they'll try to go for the path of least resistance as much as possible, be it class selection or whether or not you've already cleared that particular challenge X amount of times.

BHS doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to alleviate the issue, sadly. Scaling dungeons somewhat akin to Ace Dungeons would be a boon for the game regarding population (i.e. a person gets to play at their own pace and not someone else's. Partying becomes optional instead of mandatory and we have less threads like this one).

When tera release ... That was the idea at the beginning when Tera came out, a game that is challenging and you have to learn to play it and not make it easy for you to play ... or buy set, not knowing how to take advantage of it and not doing anything later.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

@fromsector7 said:

@SageWindu said:

When tera release ... That was the idea at the beginning when Tera came out, a game that is challenging and you have to learn to play it and not make it easy for you to play ... or buy set, not knowing how to take advantage of it and not doing anything later.

I have no idea where you're going with this statement, suffice to say that I didn't say anything about making the game easier - I'm saying that I think the dungeons should be tweaked so that a person doesn't have to go out of their way to play with others if they want to still experience as much of the game as possible without relying on other people to do so (more people = more difficult = more loot, a la Borderlands). Unless your argument is that having scaling dungeons makes the game easier, to which I greatly disagree with such a statement considering how aggro and support buffs work in this game.

• In all my experience in MMO's, its a mistake to generalize the entire community (no matter the size) onto one statement its just inaccurate and incorrect. I'm a new player in tera however not new to MMO's. while it's true a lot of ppl are just trying to stomp through content there are a few whom are willing to help. (i'm on NA server)

For example iv'e run over 70+dun in lfg (which i know is not much) only once (in rk-9) I've come across someone not wanting to grp with me and I accept it was my fault (I kept dying to crap as dps). so did some research, guides work on everything I could, rotation dung guides ,so far had no issues at all after that one time when I obviously was holding my team back. some role in tera (tank heals) I notice really make some fights unbearable if they under perform. DPS too nobody wants the fight to last 1 hr

about 6-7 times now I've seen players taking some time and explaining mechanics and other factors to less experience grps, the other times we all do out thing and get the job done no issues.

I've come from other MMO's when ppl will not even accept you into dung if you don't have a certain dungeon score its just the nature of these games you have in one hand ppl who expect perfection and other who accept the fact not everyone is on the same level. If you want to be on the groups that stomp through everything you have to earn your way to that just like they did, that means meting their requirements.

honestly I think is just a general MMO unwritten rule more than a TERA thing.Is it dumb? yes , however not everyone is like that, guilds tend to be more friendly towards new players because they know if they help guildies they can help create another asset to the guild for future content. some just want to help their fam out

• "If you want to be on the groups that stomp through everything you have to earn your way to that just like they did"

Big problem with this
    Who says they earned it? They could just be friends (or known by someone in the group) and get a free pass with a group that you couldn't simply because no one knew you OR of you.

• If I were to go on each way those groups work my response would had been so much longer. I don't know how it is on Tera but I know in some other game you could pay with gold or other things (sometimes real money) to get carries (btw not saying I'm in favor of that).

There is no way to know if everyone in a higher tier content "earned" their spot in a team purely by their skill. I was referring to mostly a stranger going into a high tier LFG. The social aspect is also part of a skill set in MMO's, so you can argue by someone entering an activities they had no business playing just because their friends are willing to carry/help; technically they deserve to be there if everyone agrees, and its a valid way to get good XP.

Who is to say that some of the top players didn't start up by having a friend say" hey this can I bring this buddy of mine to xxxx activity?"

There so many factors to conciser, like if they can spare a low dps because the other can make up for that, 1 tank being squishy because healer can keep him up, healer not needing to pump out so much HPS because everyone else can survive.

Skill alone is not the only attribute to be in high-end group play. On the other side of the coin if you're a God tier {insert role}(Lary the toxic snowflake) but a pain to deal with, you won't be invited to group content unless they really need you. I know in some other games high end content we had to spend 12-16 hrs a day figuring out mechanics, imagine doing that with "Lary the toxic snowflake".

In the end it all boils down to weather or not the group wants to take in the "unknown" factor, depending on your dung rank "skilled" just means you got exp; doesn't mean you're good but its has less chance you're taking someone whom will hinder a run. While taking friends its always a + because of continuous play with said friend and having good chemistry inevitably that low skill friend player will end up passing "lary the toxic snowflake"

• I accidentally merged this thread into the server issues thread but split it back out, so sorry for the confusing system message at the top of the thread.

• Definitely understand that, I aint in one of those top tier guys, but I do know well and tried my best to help, unfortunately I seem to be one of the few doing learner runs for anyone XD who wanted to learn or anything, I mean I started from not knowing what, the point he is making yeah theres like barely any LFGs, its mostly AQ, if you just wanna stick with the rest of people who can do highdamage all the time, newer ones tends to quit, and so it did to many that I tried to help in the past, one of them was a she, she ended up quiting despite her liking the game so much, she was like solo most of the time, cause instead of getting help, she got judge cause "they brought their gear" "low dps" you name it, tried my best to convince her that you might find a good guild that can help you well, well thats not gonna do it, if your first impression of the community is toxic , so she finally quit just before exodor patch, If I was a new player and and I can find my way to try the hardest dg, get all the gears I want, I would do it too, keep in mind you can get to aq with blue gear, so p2w statement isnt 100% accurate, and that was before exodor meaning she got storm non p2w gear, you can be a smart [filtered] if you want, but I chose to help anyone who wants to try endgame runs despite their dps, I was once a noob and so do you, with the upcoming next gen MMOARPG yeah were gonna lose more players, so why bother getting in forums if all you're gonna do is convinced them yeah your noob might as well quit.

• You have to keep in mind that a lot of these players know each other. Friend of a friend, old guild mate and etc. I had same issue with getting into AQ LFG and even with over 20 runs at this point and decent damage in the dungeon, I still get declined on many LFG's I apply for. This is something you just gotta brush off and not let it get into your head too much. Open up an LFG yourself and point out that its a learning run, or just a guild that will be willing to teach you, or find people who are interested in same thing as you - to learn and progress.
    As long as you do research on your class and dungeons are you are attempting to clear, I'm sure someone will notice you and run with you. It just takes time. Take it from someone who played this game for 5 years and just recently found a guild worth something.
    Good luck!

• @SupreMExDFULL disse:
    I have a question
    because if this game depends on itself a team because they are so selective when making a dungeon I know that in some dungeons it is vital to know the mechanics but when they choose LFG they select the “best ones” to play and put aside the other players
    today I tried to join more than 10 lfg of AQ and none accepted and having all the parts of the yellow set at +10.
    WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE COMMUNITY KNOWING THAT THE GAME IS ALREADY DEAD TO SELECT THE PRECISION OF A SURGEON WITH WHOM TO PLAY.
    I do not understand, this game depends on everyone not one, accept more people do not suffer a cardiac arrest I promise.

Team dg system is a good way to make new friends.

community problem?
    much see this game as a job
    Most of the active part doesn't give a damn that this game is living or dying just want to make the dg as fast as possible.

I think the biggest friendly player has already left the game.

The biggest player who likes mmorpg are playing pso2 serves JP because it's so much friendlier.

• Are many friendly people who still play this game, I`m new, play only from 3-4 month and i have found friendly people, I not think yet going to big dung because still have many things to learn, almost every day i learn one or more new things, last thing what i have learned is how to Solo got 10x-11x Caiman in less than an hour :)

• edited January 9

2x Inner armor like this one I bought and gave a gift to two friends!

This one i got when i did Daily Quest Exodor, [Full Daily Quest Exodor Streamed on Youtube] i did make it +6 and infused effects and same gave a gift to an friend!

I am friendly person and i am sure i`m not the only one!