[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Accepting Players for Dungeons

Comments

• @FuryMobydyk009 said:

I am friendly person and i am sure i`m not the only one!

on my journey to 70 i've had people open trade with me to give me mats for enchantment without asking for anything back, helping on caiman farms, and being patient on dungeons, just having a good ol' time.

have also been kicked for my rank saying rookie/ gear, on a couple of dung.

Every game has their share of toxicity it's what you focus on what will determined what type of player experience you have. I've met some genuinely awesome players to be around and play with. Makes some tedious task much more enjoyable when you just joking around with your m8's .

Quitting the game based on players toxicity its just an excuse. Specially when there are still skilled and nice players around.

If you're nice to people they are nice back it has to start somewhere, if it's not reciprocated then they are not worth your time; this is actually a very useful skill to have in life it works well in any MMO too.

• Well do you really think new players will want to play and invested in a toxic game?
    If you think so then you already pushed many players away from the game without realizing it.

Toxic guilds and pvp This is normal at any "mmo" so it's "acceptable".
    But when the toxic thing is affecting the dg PvE it ends up being a serious problem.
    By the time some players want to control the equipment of other players to participate in the dg is already an extreme level of toxicity.

And no matter what you say most friendly people already let the game just accept it.
    even having can have 40 ~ 90 friendly player still playing, another 500 ~ 700 is quite toxic.

• ZinwrathZinwrath
    edited January 9

@PP597W94LA said:
    Well do you really think new players will want to play and invested in a toxic game?
    If you think so then you already pushed many players away from the game without realizing it.

But when the toxic thing is affecting the dg PvE it ends up being a serious problem.
    By the time some players want to control the equipment of other players to participate in the dg is already an extreme level of toxicity.

And no matter what you say most friendly people already let the game just accept it.
    even having can have 40 ~ 90 friendly player still playing, another 500 ~ 700 is quite toxic.

If a guild being toxic and is affecting you, why are you still on that guild?. If a someone is trying to control the way you play, why do you still play with that person? it's all a choice. If a random someone is being toxic for a dumb reason, why would you let that affect you?

I am not so blind to see the population has decreased, however there is still plenty of people to play.

You can make the argument, 40-90 are nice, 500-700 are toxic. That is still 40-90 people you can be friends with and tackle every single type of content this game has to offer; but instead all I see is you accusing me of pushing people away from the game, while focusing on your narrative the game is toxic.

It is solely my fault on what type of gaming experience I have, weather is a positive or negative, that is something I create through my attitude if I am positive and friendly mainly that type of player will gravitate together same with the opposite if am being negative and unfriendly those people will feed off each other. Generally I won't spend more than 30 minutes with someone who is just being overly negative and just being unpleasant.

There could be 1 million toxic player and only 5 people worth while, and its still possible to have a good gaming experience if you focus on those 5 people, instead of the 1 million.

• @Zinwrath disse:

@PP597W94LA said:
    Well do you really think new players will want to play and invested in a toxic game?

If a guild being toxic and is affecting you, why are you still on that guild?. If a someone is trying to control the way you play, why do you still play with that person? it's all a choice. If a random someone is being toxic for a dumb reason, why would you let that affect you?

I am not so blind to see the population has decreased, however there is still plenty of people to play.

You can make the argument, 40-90 are nice, 500-700 are toxic. That is still 40-90 people you can be friends with and tackle every single type of content this game has to offer; but instead all I see is you accusing me of pushing people away from the game, while focusing on your narrative the game is toxic.

It is solely my fault on what type of gaming experience I have, weather is a positive or negative, that is something I create through my attitude if I am positive and friendly mainly that type of player will gravitate together same with the opposite if am being negative and unfriendly those people will feed off each other. Generally I won't spend more than 30 minutes with someone who is just being overly negative and just being unpleasant.

There could be 1 million toxic player and only 5 people worth while, and its still possible to have a good gaming experience if you focus on those 5 people, instead of the 1 million.

apparently you did not understand about guild
    I'm not saying I'm in a toxic guild, nobody is crazy to be in a guild they don't like.
    "I'm wanting to say some active guilds can very tighten the game and end up creating some kind of control like" experience control on dg and equipment "on some dg.

This is the problem my friend.
    game can have 1 million toxic players and only 5 player friendly, but how do you find these 5 player friendly?

as you said "and its still possible to have a good gaming experience if you focus on those 5 people" you can only concentrate on being "find" these 5 people.

Every game has a certain level of toxicity and everyone has a limit that is acceptable this toxicity the moment you pass that limit the person starts to leave the game.

we all move away player without realizing
    unfortunately, I already pushed some players away just by speaking the negative side of the game

• Elin85Elin85
    edited January 9

Be friendly and make friends.

• be friendly and mess up my game and come to my blacklist <3

• maybe I did misunderstood, here is how you find the last 5 non-toxic player XD ( feel like its an Apocalypse looking for survivors) . Be a beacon of friendship and love, shine so bright all of Tera and beyond will see it!

But in all seriousness, usually a lot of people get to a point they make their own guild. regardless if its casual friendly, or hardcore non-toxic you can make it happen as a GM just recruit and chop the toxic weeds when they appear. It's a lot of work for sure but its a way to find those "last 5 nice players" just have to promote that right things.

or here in the forums i've seen some threads of player looking to Tera and chill XD

can set dates on discord to get together and do stuff. see a lot of people looking for players in the class discords too

For the guilds that have such a hard of a grip on players usually will start losing people, wanting to go on a less constrictive and fun guild while still progressing.

any person that has played an MMO for more than a month knows of bad side of it, If they wish to give Tera a try its really not as bad as people make it sounds. just by taking a look a this thread you can see there are all sorts of diversity around, from people who lost their souls to the grind and just said F it just gonna RP, to hardcore players still on it. from friendly to toxic, we may be small but we have it all.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elin85 said:
    Be friendly and make friends.

Oh, wow. Why didn't I think of that?!

(makes friends; still gets no dungeon invites because they don't run dungeons and the people in the LFG say my gear isn't strong enough)

Huh. Lotta good those friends did there, eh?

• you can find these 5 friendly people but they can play the way you don't like
    They can be people playing only in pvp, playing in low level dg or they can be friendly people who tell you that it is not worth playing this game.

"recruit and chop the toxic weeds when they appear" what's the use? will send the problem to other people and still have chance back the problem for you.

Guilds do not lose player because they try to have some kind of control, they lose because there is some misunderstanding between guild members and ends up splitting 2 ~ 3 guild and some who starts to refuse to enter any guild

The only thing I see in the forum is random player leaving everything confusing to the point of a moderator picks up and closes the topic and ends up not changing anything in the game and making people leave the game.

• honestly it's past time the game staff fix this problem.
    easiest solution that makes the most sense and lowers the difficulty level to what any noob player can do.
    since they complain about the weak equipment of the player and be experienced or not in the dg.

• ZinwrathZinwrath
    edited January 10

with the current state of the game and low pop, i do agrees its more taxing finding reliable players than actually doing the activities.

the whole "recruit to then chop toxic weeds" is an pretty old community based rule we had in another game. we all know you can't change people and how they behave towards others unless they get some sort of negative effect for being toxic. Most notable guild GM's we would not accept overly toxic people eventually they would behave, make a guild or just right out quit the game. If they made a guild most people already knew who the toxic ones where and they never got too far. we can't change the population as whole but guilds can choose who is in or out of our small part of the game.

Even among guilds there used to be some sort of communication, we would have discords for set up just pretty much black listing people, or recommending people. developers can interfere to a certain degree however i think toxicity should be dealt with by the community, any changes the devs do is merely superficial in any game, but the problem will still be there. We legit had our own P.R. in game.

However only works when people get sick of the outspoken toxic players ruining the game, and collectively agree to do something about it.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10

@PP597W94LA
    My point(s) being that 1) "being friendly and making friends" for the sake of running dungeons and BGs only works so well if those friends also are trying to do things like run dungeons and BGs (see previous post) and 2) "being friendly and making friends" actually is not as simple as some people like to say it is. Otherwise, I wouldn't have typed that exact statement.

There's also the risk that those "friends" see you as little more than a means to an end, something I've seen all too often on these very forums (anyone else remember the Crusades). Lemme tell ya - I've been on the receiving end of that and now I have nothing but anger and scorn for those "friends".

Edit: Clarity

• @Zinwrath and pretty simple enough the staff starts to do something with the game's toxicity that will appear to many folks trying to control and end that annoying toxicity.
    but as the staff does nothing then many were frustrated and left the game silent.

@SageWindu honestly I kind of don't like to make friends and hang on these "friends" who always think differently and ends up in a useless discourse.

I honestly prefer to just play with player randomly (+1000 player) which depends on the goodwill of a 5 friend.

• I mean by doing nothing staff are still communicating something, pretty much saying "do as you please" . Giving the player base freedom to do whatever they want. Which is a world of possibilities

Would like to step in and say you really have to start somewhere, by just running LFG dung with randoms you will meet people, it's happened a couple of times where i tend to match with the same people over and over if they seem nice i ask if they want to grp up and keep farming these dung. Just meet people doing the activities you're doing don't expect to add people on a BG expecting to do dung makes no sense. again can argue they are just farming for short while, but while you're going about your day lfg, guardian missions, farming bams, people still do it just pop the question lol "want to grp up?" "mind if I add for some other time to farm?"

imo its better to start building towards something doing the things you do normally than to get stuck in that circle of playing with randoms for eternity.

if you see someone dying to bams on exodor its probably me, don't just sit by my corpse spamming "lol", troll priest -_- ( was funny not gonna lie)

• edited January 10

If the staff want to address toxicity, there are things they can indeed do, both on the developer side (in-game systems) and on the publisher side (the GMs/player moderation). Toxicity is a learned cultural behavior that is in large part a function of incentives and disincentives over time.

This game has a lot of veteran players and they want to optimize for maximum rewards/time with the least risk of failure. Eliminating the risk of failure by making everything easy won't help because people will still optimize and that optimization will always be in their own favor -- even if it's at the expense of others. Plus, a lot of people love difficult/challenging content; eliminating that won't help the health of the game.

When people kick well-meaning but inexperienced new players, they aren't thinking about supporting the long-term health of the game or helping build the player population, just about the inconvenience to their current run. That has become culturally accepted because a) there's no in-game benefit for people to keep an "unoptimized" party with noobies (in fact there's a cost because entries are limited by adventure coins; a bad run is stamina and time wasted), b) there's no disincentive at all for the people initiating the kicks (no risk of punishment if the majority agrees to kick; no accountability for unfair kicking), and c) a lot of people don't believe in the long-term future of the game so don't care about the role people they don't know may have in keeping the game alive long-term.

So basically you need:
    1) Incentives so that people will queue using matchmaking but then stick with the parties they have whenever possible
    2) Disincentives for kicking without valid reason and moderator enforcement/punishment for blatant/repeated kick abuse
    3) Systems so that new players can learn the game effectively and gain the skills they need without being made to feel like a burden to others (and not just throw them into the pool and either sink or swim)
    4) Combat performance incentives for players so they will try to play as best they can and not just queue to be carried by others
    5) People to have faith in the long-term future of the game so they care in general about nurturing the player community and see the value of welcoming newbies properly

Problem with all this is that the problems we have now have been years in the making, and even if you decide to turn the ship now, it'd take a very long time to actually change the destination. Plus, to really fix this needs change to come from the top -- it's not good enough for EME to just start aggressive enforcement of new rules unless the incentive/reward structure changes and the path for new player skill is smoothed out, nor is it good enough for BHS to just hit all content with the nerf stick and consider the problem solved.

Anyway... it's a problem worthy of discussion and worthy of a solution, but it's also not easy to see a major change.