[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Drop rates in Akalath Quarantine are already abysmal. Why do the event drop rates remain the same?

Topic. From the weekly news post: "We’ve reduced the Adventure Coin entry cost for Akalath Quarantine during this dungeon highlight, but the drop rates remain the same."

The drops for this dungeon is abysmal. The main draw point for the dungeon is the equipment which already have a staggering amount of rng for them to be considered good, and this is on top of the bad drop rates. The eternal gear has replaced these equipment for a lot of people already. Some people just want to dismantle the equipment. The dungeon itself is no longer considered new. Many dungeon runs end up with players getting no loot whatsoever from the dungeon. The improved darkshard feedstock is desirable but only one person gets it, and it is already rare. The bulk of the reward comes from the vanguard reward.

With all of that said, why is the AQ dungeon highlight only a reduced coin cost with no drop rate increase? As far as I know I have seen this repeated like this, but has not had an increased drop rate yet. There is no need to be stingy on this anymore at this point of the patch.

Comments

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited January 14

The problem is Tera is a meme game right now. All player good or very bad have acces to a "endgame" gear without problem. Since the most bad and trap player can have that gear, this dungeon and reward just ruined Tera.

Where's the point on get a easy gear? Just remember the old Harrowhold 20man without meme russian mode. That content was good or SCE, TSHM, VSHM, RMHM, FIHM, WHHM, KN20/10 and classics MCHM/ACHM or DS, but now we have Bahuur or meme AQ is sooo sad.

• casual players who complain about everything ruined tera and then stop playing because they get bored and have never completed a hard mode instance ...

• sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

agreed, having run this dungeon almost 300 times on one character and then almost 100 times on another few, i have gotten 1, ONE, piece of gear i can use for my char, 400 runs almost for a single piece of gear, and its literally impossible to go beyond +11 or so as the amount of improved feedstock needed and dont say jagged fed crates, that is the biggest joke to say well just p2w. eme is doing absolutely nothing to address the lack of improved feedstock in the game, no events no loot table revisions, they do absolutely nothing.

• DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited January 14

@Konatta98 said:
    The problem is Tera is a meme game right now. All player good or very bad have acces to a "endgame" gear without problem. Since the most bad and trap player can have that gear, this dungeon and reward just ruined Tera.

Where's the point on get a easy gear? Just remember the old Harrowhold 20man without meme russian mode. That content was good or SCE, TSHM, VSHM, RMHM, FIHM, WHHM, KN20/10 and classics MCHM/ACHM or DS, but now we have Bahuur or meme AQ is sooo sad.

I definitely agree with this
    I'd much rather see gear be gated by the difficulty of the content rather than the grind.

As for the current lineup of dungeons well it's pretty sad. On one hand at least you don't feel rushed for gear because you don't actually need it. But on the other it's basically impossible progress and get a weapon that is the proper type with descent rolls for your class. Doubly so if you play something that's popular.

AQ's pretty comparable to what some normal mode dungeons have been in the past (Think FINM). It's technically "possible" to get VM but it's going to be an extremely long and hard grind. They've replaced the normal mode - hard mode formula that's worked well for years with this new system that requires so much grind for so little actual content. (When's the next hard dungeon coming out again? lol)

• AluryaAlurya ✭✭
    edited January 14

Well, Just get a mid gear and enjoy the true end game, dress up ur char. After all we are playing "Elin dress simulator".

• seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭

Why is the AQ dungeon highlight only a reduced coin cost with no drop rate increase? As far as I know I have seen this repeated like this, but has not had an increased drop rate yet.

AQ is not part of the increased drop for this week, nor for the weekend highlight. however, its Adventure Coin cost has been reduced out of good intentions. there has been an increased drop previously, twice to be exact. increased drop in AQ may be possible in the future.

Cheers !

• isra10kisra10k
    edited January 17

.[Deleted].