[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

WHAT THE..... IS HAPPENING TO THE SERVER??

Comments

• DavriDavri ✭✭

Server dc and server list gone again (April 2nd, 1:38pm PT)

• BossieBossie ✭✭

we are wasting time n consumables at a high rate during this type of dc!!!!!!!!!!
    Demand compensation!!!

• AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭

@LnLDemona said:
    simple solution to a vast majority of lag and disconnect issues players are facing... REGION LOCK THE SERVER. Yes, I said it. lock it out for anyone trying top access from outside of the US., OR, a disclaimer stating that players outside of the region can and will experience increased lag and DC's. Simply put, this is a NA server, meaning NORTH AMERICAN. IF it is so hard to play on the server with a huge portion of the worlds population trying to play due to isolation and quarentine orders... go to EU, or K-tera servers. There is only SO MUCH bandwidth available over internet trunk lines. the more people online WILL equate to higher ping times and eventual dc's.

you realize probably 70% of tera's player base is not NA right? you might be able to log on now but you won't be able to fill parties lmao.

• Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭

Maybe they are trying to crack down on fish botters and the shuffling characters offline every few hours is their master plan.

• DavriDavri ✭✭
    edited April 3

It has been multiple days (perhaps a week now) since this has started. There are multiple posts like this on the forums, but I would like to add another voice to the complaint. The game has been practically unplayable with 3-5 server mass dcs that essentially killing/wasting dungeon runs. It's the worst when you're on the last boss and then BAM whole party dcs and it's over. Over the past 4 days, I've been on average 2-4 times per day and then while logging back in the Server list has been empty, causing me to have to relog over and over again.

Anyways, just adding voices to the ongoing dumpster fire. I don't even care that much about compensation, I just want it to be fixed at this point. It really takes away massively from the enjoyment of playing this game.

• DavriDavri ✭✭
    edited April 3

Not even 20 mintues after this DC (April 2, 7:00pm PT) which led me to post above, another mass DC happened and our party wiped (April 2, 7:20pm PT). Also the deserter debuff is really annoying when it is forced upon you because you're forced to disband/leave since your whole party is gone.

• And again server crashed. GOOOOD JOB WITH THAT HAMSTER

• As in: upgrade your servers EME, move to 10Gbps, learn multiple DC's and put yourself on a real backbone and not this crap you insist on. You are cheap, plain and simple.

• @LnLDemona said:

@Elinu1 said:

@LnLDemona said:
    simple solution to a vast majority of lag and disconnect issues players are facing... REGION LOCK THE SERVER. Yes, I said it. lock it out for anyone trying top access from outside of the US., OR, a disclaimer stating that players outside of the region can and will experience increased lag and DC's. Simply put, this is a NA server, meaning NORTH AMERICAN. IF it is so hard to play on the server with a huge portion of the worlds population trying to play due to isolation and quarantine orders... go to EU, or K-Tera servers. There is only SO MUCH bandwidth available over internet trunk lines. the more people online WILL equate to higher ping times and eventual dc's.

Are you srs bruh...?

Serious like covid. for the last 2 years its the basic complaint I have seen. Lag and disconnects due to high ping times. Region lock it, OR, add in a huge disclaimer for everyone outside of region to see. I know there is an EU server, and I KNOW K-Tera is still goin strong. IF I played on EU server from North America or even K-Tera I would expect to see high ping times, lag, frame drops, and disconnects. I would accept it and move on, not make a giant stink about it within their forums or in game. It's a game, whos foundation is built upon the backbone of the internet. A game with massive memory leaks and an economy that has gone to crap since the last 2 server merges. Stupid RNG on enchanting gear higher than HO and nearly impossible to find a group for endgame content, yet we still play. Some of us have been here since launch and we make less noise than new childish players or those comin over from regions outside NA. So... yeah, region lock it

Your argument doesn’t make sense, region locking doesn't fix it. They just need to get a better hosting, routing, backbone.

• Dakone12Dakone12
    edited April 3

Most likely no.

Same issue happened to me I tried connecting to their game's server using a program and surprise got a high ping of 8000 which refused connection compared to other games I got which is 35 and even a simple speed test showed my ping was 8 to the nearest server hub SO I don't think its on my end at all. Even at this time still can't connect not even able to use the launcher now.

Edit: got a friend playing the game on steam he is playing it perfectly find at 38 ping. So WTF ?

• Pretty sure you noticed the event stuff not working SO ya.... Maybe that should be a SIGN OF something?

• Dakone12Dakone12
    edited April 3

@LnLDemona said:
    simple solution to a vast majority of lag and disconnect issues players are facing... REGION LOCK THE SERVER. Yes, I said it. lock it out for anyone trying top access from outside of the US., OR, a disclaimer stating that players outside of the region can and will experience increased lag and DC's. Simply put, this is a NA server, meaning NORTH AMERICAN. IF it is so hard to play on the server with a huge portion of the worlds population trying to play due to isolation and quarantine orders... go to EU, or K-Tera servers. There is only SO MUCH bandwidth available over internet trunk lines. the more people online WILL equate to higher ping times and eventual dc's.

Are you srs bruh...?

Serious like covid. for the last 2 years its the basic complaint I have seen. Lag and disconnects due to high ping times. Region lock it, OR, add in a huge disclaimer for everyone outside of region to see. I know there is an EU server, and I KNOW K-Tera is still goin strong. IF I played on EU server from North America or even K-Tera I would expect to see high ping times, lag, frame drops, and disconnects. I would accept it and move on, not make a giant stink about it within their forums or in game. It's a game, whos foundation is built upon the backbone of the internet. A game with massive memory leaks and an economy that has gone to crap since the last 2 server merges. Stupid RNG on enchanting gear higher than HO and nearly impossible to find a group for endgame content, yet we still play. Some of us have been here since launch and we make less noise than new childish players or those comin over from regions outside NA. So... yeah, region lock it

The issue is its occurring to people within the US region maybe read a bit.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

Get over it. There are more important thing's happening in the world than the lag of some game.

• DavriDavri ✭✭

Uhhh always, but this is not a forum for the peace in the Middle East or the war in Syria, or the Corona virus...soooo, not sure what your purpose for posting that is...

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

@Davri said:
    Uhhh always, but this is not a forum for the peace in the Middle East or the war in Syria, or the Corona virus...soooo, not sure what your purpose for posting that is...

It's called being Mature and knowing a Game is ran by people who could be affected by the Virus, and also knowing the Creators of said game don't need to cater to me when other thing's that should take top priority are happening. Here's an idea, go have an actual life for a while, it will do you wonders.