[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

WHAT THE..... IS HAPPENING TO THE SERVER??

Comments

• DavriDavri ✭✭

Yeah, I've been dced 4 times tonight (April 3rd), so just going to quit and move to another game or maybe get an "actual life for a while" like MidokuPasta says.

• xD

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited April 4

@MargaretRose said:
    Nothing new, they're not really active at the forums.
    Would need to comment at their discord.

@MargaretRose said:

You got bann in discord if say something about servers

• looks like servers finally actually down
    was there any ingame message posting a timeframe ?

cheers

• Notice on the launcher states emergency maintenance at 8:30PM PDT. Expected downtime is 1hr.

• much appreciated was cookin dinner so missed it

• @LnLDemona said:

@Elinu1 said:

@LnLDemona said:
    simple solution to a vast majority of lag and disconnect issues players are facing... REGION LOCK THE SERVER. Yes, I said it. lock it out for anyone trying top access from outside of the US., OR, a disclaimer stating that players outside of the region can and will experience increased lag and DC's. Simply put, this is a NA server, meaning NORTH AMERICAN. IF it is so hard to play on the server with a huge portion of the worlds population trying to play due to isolation and quarantine orders... go to EU, or K-Tera servers. There is only SO MUCH bandwidth available over internet trunk lines. the more people online WILL equate to higher ping times and eventual dc's.

Are you srs bruh...?

Serious like covid. for the last 2 years its the basic complaint I have seen. Lag and disconnects due to high ping times. Region lock it, OR, add in a huge disclaimer for everyone outside of region to see. I know there is an EU server, and I KNOW K-Tera is still goin strong. IF I played on EU server from North America or even K-Tera I would expect to see high ping times, lag, frame drops, and disconnects. I would accept it and move on, not make a giant stink about it within their forums or in game. It's a game, whos foundation is built upon the backbone of the internet. A game with massive memory leaks and an economy that has gone to crap since the last 2 server merges. Stupid RNG on enchanting gear higher than HO and nearly impossible to find a group for endgame content, yet we still play. Some of us have been here since launch and we make less noise than new childish players or those comin over from regions outside NA. So... yeah, region lock it

region locking doesn't fix anything. it is too old for an 8 years old game. you don't know how the internet/networking works. just get over it & play another game. it will be fix.

• edited April 4

@MultiverseOverlord said:
    EME discord? Be careful, they like to kick people out of there if they don't like what you have to say.

@Konatta98 said:

@MargaretRose said:

@MargaretRose said:

You got bann in discord if say something about servers

If you spend any time in Discord, you can see clearly this isn't true. It's been almost all criticism of EME and complaints about servers all week. People get banned for a) RMT, b) personal attacks against staff or other players, c) using really inappropriate/unacceptable language, or d) excessively spamming memes (typically despite multiple warnings). In the off chance anyone gets banned from Discord for a reason that's in any way borderline (they acted badly in the heat of the moment but don't have a pattern of it), they can send in a support ticket and the whole thing gets reviewed by the staff. Sometimes the staff will give people a second chance.

Most of the people who say they got banned for "giving their opinion" or "talking about something" usually actually get banned for being an [filtered].

Anyway, they did some maintenance tonight to try to apply further mitigation against the issue. It hasn't totally fixed everything, but the general word is that it's getting better. They'll continue to monitor for further issues. In the meantime they reset all entries again and are keeping the Coin cost at zero for all instances.

• Ok white knight. Actually im tired to try speak "good" because never got a answere or something about the issue.
    We got a "oh we have a issue 3-4 days later when server drop start. And the "compensation" its ok but how can do or use that compensation when cant play or done any dungeon. We lost consumibles and time trying clear FA or CSN and kick people because their got mad with server status and they lost the "reset entrance"...

But well, im play this game for 6-7 years and missing the good comunication what we have before with gm/staff.
  • edited April 4

@Konatta98 said:
    Ok white knight. Actually im tired to try speak "good" because never got a answere or something about the issue.

Okay sure, but telling the staff to go [filtered] themselves on this forum (or on Discord) isn't going to change anything. It just increases the chance you get banned, and then you lose the voice you have. Trust me, everyone is frustrated by this situation, and EME is extremely aware of how frustrated people are by the fact they didn't communicate more clearly about what's going on.

• Well now they change the server and now i play with 200ms xD good job i guess :)

• 10+ min in the "invisible queue"...

• and EME is extremely aware of how frustrated people are by the fact they didn't communicate more clearly about what's going on.

And at what point is EME actually going to communicate anything? I mean, directly, here, on the forums? Not via a liaison.

• Simple solution to this problem.

just don't play the game it'll save you from stress and wrinkles

(insert peace sign here)

• server crashed again?