[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Laurels

What on earth were you thinking? The laurel I had has been reduced and I am not even half way to the one I had. Why would you take that away. Just because you removed dungeons doesn't mean we should lose what we worked for. Why do you expect your players to work hard for something if you are just going to take it away!

Comments

• BearZerkBearZerk
    edited April 7

They did the same BS with "premium mounts" and "premium pets" and literally everything else.. Krafton's business model just seems to be "make players work hard for something, then take it away and give them something else to work for instead"

What's the point on spending a lot of time, or any money on BS like this? I wouldn't even bother returning if it wasn't for my friend who asked me to play with them.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

You are so right Bear, why work for anything if they are just going to take it away?

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

Apparently we aren't the only ones who feel this way, I logged on a minute ago and in my guild this time of day there are usually 2-3 dozen people on even if they are just afking. Today there are 3...or were til I logged out. Now I assume there are 2 people logged on.

• ??? They do this every big patch. Get over it

• No, they do not do this every big patch.

Prior to this patch I had a champion laurel and put a ton of work into. I now have a gold laurel with 379 more points left to obtain. I'll have to create a new discord account because EME banned me from their discord because they did not like what I had to say. Once again, here we go, ruining things and turning peoples' hard work and valuable time spent into meaningless dribble.

BHS / Krafton, whatever they want to be called now, just pull the plug on the game already. Retire the servers, be done with it. Because all you are doing is screwing everyone over.

• KeepDreamingKeepDreaming ✭✭
    edited April 8

While saying "this happens every patch" isn't necessarily accurate, this has happened every single time a dungeon has been removed indefinitely from TERA. Every time a dungeon cycle happens, especially when it happened in the past (2016 and prior), people would lose points from dungeons that would be suspended.

The achievements you obtained were moved to the "Legacy" category. They get moved back if the dungeons come back, but otherwise stay there forever. ~11 dungeons were removed, so all achievements you had related to those dungeons, and any achievements you had related to other major removed contents were moved, too.
    EDIT: Achievements in the legacy category do not count toward your laurel. You can check to see what's in there, and what they're from. Lots of old memories in mine. :')
    EDIT 2: It might not actually be called legacy. I can't log in now to check, but it's 100% listed and has a name similar to legacy (maybe old achievements) or something similar.

I remember this happening all the time prior to Stormcry, basically every new VM set we had dungeons cycled, so I expected this. It's been awhile since we've seen a pretty significant dungeon line shakeup, so I can understand why people may have forgotten that this is how its been since dungeon cycles were a thing.

We're going back to how TERA was in 2016, with much worse additions. Enchanting is roughly the same, minus gear becoming damaged now. We just don't have the drops we used to and/or the spacecats events that helped people gear without tearing their hair out.

EDIT 3: I should also mention that achievement laurel's point requirements are based on the percentage of total achievements. So if you put most of your time into getting your laurel from dungeons, when those are removed, you drop WAY further than someone who did the rest of the contents or other forms of content.

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

Yeah I have been here a few years and never seen this happen before. But honestly if that is the norm, why bother having them? They are meaningless.

• ErazusErazus ✭✭

... Achievement borders are based off of how many achievements you have completed compared to how many achievements available there are.

They removed like half the dungeons therefore you need to actually do new achievements instead of sitting on what you already got.

There is nothing wrong about this... Just get up to date that is all, gets you to do more things to and things to work for

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

@Fainall said:
    Just because you removed dungeons doesn't mean we should lose what we worked for. Why do you expect your players to work hard for something if you are just going to take it away!

if achievements from dungeons that aren't available anymore still counted towards laurels, any player that hadn't played from the beginning would never be able to achieve anything past a gold laurel

get real dude

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭
    edited April 8

@Erazus said:
    ... Achievement borders are based off of how many achievements you have completed compared to how many achievements available there are.

They removed like half the dungeons therefore you need to actually do new achievements instead of sitting on what you already got.

There is nothing wrong about this... Just get up to date that is all, gets you to do more things to and things to work for

Why work for it again if it will just be taken away later? That would just be stupid. And if they wanted to give us stuff to do, then don't take away so much content.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

What frustrates me is that they always seem to do these big achievement shake ups shortly BEFORE the end of a season. You put in all this work to get a laurel, only to have it rolled back a rank (or two this time!) right in time for end of season.

• @Fainall said:

@Erazus said:

Why work for it again if it will just be taken away later? That would just be stupid. And if they wanted to give us stuff to do, then don't take away so much content.

THEN DONT DO IT

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been doing this with laurels since laurels became a thing like 6 years ago. That’s the way it goes.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9

@LancerJiva said:
    They have been doing this with laurels since laurels became a thing like 6 years ago. That’s the way it goes.

Both laurels and later making difficult achievements easy.
    Such as world bosses and dungeon nerfs.

• Over the years my diamond has broken back to silver. Oh well, I'm always high silver now, doubt I can drop lower.