[TERA PC] There will be a supplementary maintenance starting at 1 p.m. PT today, August 11, to resolve an issue that is currently preventing players from matching for dungeons. Estimated duration is one hour. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Please allow more than 1 Level 70 Box Per Account From Event, or replace cash shop box with level 68

One of the best aspects of Tera has always been its large variety of classes. If the game got stale on one character, you could always switch to another and re-run the dungeons with new playstyles. I put in a lot of effort to level several alts to 65 for this reason. I log back in the other day only to realize that my character, which used to be able to run a myriad of dungeons, can now only run MC.

Now, if you want to actually run any dungeons that have even a drop of challenge, you need to reach level 68. This requires pretty significant grind- either spam MC, grind bams, do boring dailies, or spam caymans. Either way, it takes several hours of mindless grind, which to me is not worth the time.

Normally, I wouldn't be asking for a handout, but the process for gearing up is no longer a challenge. It used to be the main barrier to progression was ability to clear a hard mode dungeon for the rare drop. Now, it's just a matter of spamming faceroll dungeons and BAMs enough times.

I really want to come back to Tera, but I just can't see myself spending 10+ hours per character doing extremely boring "content" just to be able to experience the game again.

Comments

• lol , is not that hard reach lvl 70 now , just takes like 2-3 hours doing MC .

• I agree. It's literally a few hours worth of MC runs. Cayman isn't even worth it anymore unless you need relic,halidom or blightoath
  • @Langrilt said:
    lol , is not that hard reach lvl 70 now , just takes like 2-3 hours doing MC .

this ^, I would 2nd the idea of more boxes though since i'm the lazy type of player

• NyrissaNyrissa ✭✭
    edited April 17

Yeah you can grind MC on 12 different characters to get to 70 but how fun is that? When did games become a job? I used to be able to run dungeons only to now not being able to. Well I leveled so i can once again now but that was not well thought out for something that is suppose to be entertaining. Sure some of you might think more about being competitive and being better then others but first and foremost games should be made to be fun. At least add another MC style dungeon for a bit of change.

• Laughs in multiple osrs and rs3 200m skills.

• U cry now when is too easy get lvl 70. At start lvl 70 patch i take like 1 month to get lvl 70 xD ofc i was a casual player in that patch.
  • @Konatta98 said:
    U cry now when is too easy get lvl 70. At start lvl 70 patch i take like 1 month to get lvl 70 xD ofc i was a casual player in that patch.

Imagine these kids playing back during release years lmao

• @Konatta98 said:
    U cry now when is too easy get lvl 70. At start lvl 70 patch i take like 1 month to get lvl 70 xD ofc i was a casual player in that patch.

Same! I only played one character when the level cap was increased because it took me forever to get level 70. I took it slow as well because i didnt feel like there was a rush to level up. That was also during the time where fishing was still not added, so it was hard to level up. Now I am too lazy to level up any other toon apart from one alt that I somehow managed to level up to 70 again- tho now its a lot easier.