[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Constructive feedback from a returning whale.

I'm honestly really sad to see how much the playerbase has diminished, when this game has so much potential (but i sadly can't say I'm surprised)

A friend of mine recently convinced me to return to tera, and while I still LOVE the live action combat and the world design... there are many things that make me want to drop it again. I had previously spent over $5k on this game, and quit it a few years ago because of issues that are still present now. I really enjoy this game, and wouldn't mind spending money again, but there are some things you guys need to change before I consider parking my wallet in TERA again.

Suggestions to benefit both eme/krafton & players:

1) Get rid of the adventure coin BS...This immediately made me want to quit, right as I was returning. This will honestly, push away the small player base interest which barely exists anymore. When the interest diminishes, the twitch/youtube viewers also diminish, content creators move onto different games, and whales move onto other games (it's what started happening back before you mass-merged a bunch of servers)

• Content creating is already a nightmare. So you REALLY want a large group of non-paying players, if you also want to increase your whale population (think of the bell curve). Which means that the more you make casual & f2p players interested, the more whales will also be interested, and the better it will be for your game in the longterm

2) Make player housing, and create cosmetics/furniture for it. You can monetize this, and make easy profit...
3) Bring back skycastles, and allow guilds to decorate its interior with their own decorations (donated P2W decos, event decos, PVP/PVE trophies, etc)
4) Bring back all the dungeons that you got rid of recently; there's barely anything for un-geared/new/returning players to run.

• If i'm a whale, and I can't even run dungeons to prepare for more difficult content (or increase my gear level) then i'm not even able to enjoy the experience of progressing. If I can't enjoy the progression experience, then I have no incentive to spend money on this game. Why? Because I wouldn't spend money on a game that I'm having difficulty enjoying. I'm pretty sure there's at least five thousand other players who can resonate with my feelings on this--or more, when you still had a large playerbase.

5) Get better servers. Just get better servers... You don't want people to feel like they're playing a ghetto version of final fantasy, right? Then please work on getting better servers. Or try amazon solutions.

Now finally, something that might not help the *SHORT TERM* profit, but will definitely help extend the life of the game for another 5-10 years

Feedback for the long-term:

The reason I originally quit 3-4 years ago, despite dumping around $5k on this game, is because your monetization model makes the things we spend money on, useless.

• You buy 16 crit underwear? now there's 26 CF underwear... ( and there's also new underwear for magic/phys amp)
  • You get a hp/mp regen mount? now there's a dragon buff mount.
  • You get a cute hello kitty pet? Now there's these ANNOYING companions, that you can't even properly upgrade.

There's no incentive to keep spending money on a game that makes your purchases useless. Even though I had spent over $5k on the game, your business model had essentially made my ingame purchases worthless. (except for the cool outfits)

Making player purchases worthless, basically means that the future value of anything else we might buy is essentially worth $0. So I have no reason keep spending when anything i'd buy would retain no value. My friends weren't playing anymore, and I had no "buyer's guilt" to keep playing, when I had already lost all the value of what I had spent. That's why I had quit, and that's why people will continue to quit.

There's a reason why TERA hasn't become a massive game, despite it's amazing potential. Your monetization team needs to focus on long-term, massive growth... rather than its current short-term goals, which will result in the further degradation of your game & company's success. This near-sightedness has been destroying your game, because it's destroying the time+money+interest of its players. You forget that your main lifeline, are the people who play the game, and might actually purchase your products. So you shouldn't be removing value from our purchases, if you want us to keep spending money on the game. It should be basic knowledge; This isn't a car dealership, or a cellphone company.

[filtered], even cellphone/car companies will wait a year before slightly upgrading their existing product, or 2-4 before releasing something entirely new & better. You didn't even allow us that much time to enjoy what we had, back when I played. (barely allowed 6 months)

Comments

• BearZerkBearZerk
    edited April 23

You guys also REALLY NEED a better model/system for companions btw.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to profit from them... but currently It feels like wiping my posterior, with someone else's already used toilet tissue.

You can make it fun, AND F2P friendly, and whales will still keep spending on it. It doesn't have to be a craptastic system, for whales to spend money on it....

we're gonna spend either way, if we enjoy the game. But we're less likely to whale if we can't enjoy the experience, and our friends/guildies lose interest in the game. Games aren't fun by yourself, and people with money don't feel the need to prove themselves on a game... we just want to impress our friends. We just play for the thrill, to have a fun experience, for the boss fights, and to enjoy a game with friends. But if you (poop) on that, then you (poop) on your own game. The companion system & the adventure coin systems, are perfect examples of this (poopage) that I'm talking about.

• spending $5k on tera lol

im not saying its bad and tera is a fun game, but kinda feels like there's better things to spend $5k on tbh, maybe a few hundred if you really REALLY want something badly, but $5k seems like alot

• BearZerkBearZerk
    edited April 24

@39HATFDXLY said:
    spending $5k on tera lol

im not saying its bad and tera is a fun game, but kinda feels like there's better things to spend $5k on tbh, maybe a few hundred if you really REALLY want something badly, but $5k seems like alot

I was talking about the entire span of my time playing TERA

• $200 on elite every year
    • $50 for cosmetic accessories every quarter
    • $150 to sell EMP every quarter
    • $300 to get this mount from a lootbox
    • $100 to get that dyeable outfit from a lootbox
    • $100 to get something on sale every quarter....

Game purchases like that add up quickly, throughout a few years. You'd be surprised to see how much YOU have spent on any game, if you added it all up. Even $20 a week, adds up to over 1k per year

The average american will spend around $2,160 on games every year.... if they're only buying 3 console games per month.
    If you include the cost of a T.V., 2 consoles, and accessories, it goes up to about $4,760... not including monthly memberships, or ingame purchases. Considering new consoles only come out every 4-5 years, it comes down to between 10k-14k in a 4-5 year span... just spent on games.

So if I want to spend $5k on a single game across 2.5 years--because I didn't really bother playing other games--then that's really my choice, and I don't think i'm doing too bad. I'd still be doing better than an average gamer enthusiast (and also doing better than people who eat out regularly)

Edit: I DO AGREE, THAT $5K COULD BE SPENT IN BETTER WAYS... I won't deny that. ;) But hey, maybe we should be talking about the main point of the post*

Rather than discussing how much money people spend, on things they enjoy... I think it would be more helpful if we talk about how to improve TERA

• JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭

@39HATFDXLY said:
    spending $5k on tera lol

Finances and spending money are relative and unique to each person - 5 years ago you wouldn't catch me dead driving a vehicle over $5,000. Now I'm driving a 2018 truck that cost me just over $36k. What happened? My finances changed. What is $100 to one person, might be the equivalent of $1.00 to another.

To some people $5k on a game is little more than leisure spending cash - I played EVE Online with someone that dropped $1,500 on a single purchase of PLEX (in game time cards) and was genuinely confused as to why we were shocked that he spent 'that much' on a single purchase. Only later did we find out the guy worked at a contract company under NASA and made over 6-figures a year. It all comes down to perspective.

OP's point still stands though. Tera's power-creep makes any performance gaining items like CF innerwear a bigger depreciating value than buying a new car. This game I think is shooting itself in the foot relying so heavily on RNG and pushing its monetization so hard.

• edited April 24

I mean, this is why I'd rather they not have any cash shop purchases that interface in any way with stats, because power creep is basically the way with all vertical progression MMOs.

That being said, I think the main target audience for things like stat-affixed mounts and inner armor isn't actually whales directly, it's hardcore F2P players (especially min-maxers). They're the one most likely to feel the pressure/urgency to upgrade whenever the "meta" shifts, and so BHS introducing a new tier creates a market for EMP sellers. If the same inner armor that worked three years ago was still BiS today, all those F2P players would never have needed to buy anything (because, as a general rule, their main motivator is having a power advantage). Because those F2P players are spending gold not money, they're less likely to feel the same degree of pain about the "devaluing of their investment" (because keeping up with BiS means this happens constantly anyway).

In other words, they shifted the cash shop (and the game) towards hardcore players, which means it's more focused on power (stats) and progression (stamina) and less focused on cosmetics. As a general rule, whales tend to be more casual players (since MMOs are time-gated, and for whales time is harder to come by than money), so this change probably did make spending less desirable for whales except if they're focused on trying to keep up. Things like player housing and skycastles would probably also be evaluated under this lens: what use is this "fluff" content to hardcore min-maxers?

I'm not saying that it was right of them to shift their strategy this way, but I think this shift is more in response to already-existing population trends, and not the cause of such trends. (In other words, the game was going to get smaller regardless as it got older and other newer games/time-sinks (like mobile games) came around; the shift of the cash shop model is a reflection of who is still playing -- and indirectly paying -- the most.)

• BearZerkBearZerk
    edited April 24

@counterpoint said:
    I mean, this is why I'd rather they not have any cash shop purchases that interface in any way with stats, because power creep is basically the way with all vertical progression MMOs.

Yeah, I can understand why they might have some temptation to do this, but it's bad for both the players and their business model, especially since they depreciate the value of what they sell.

The reason a game like EVE gets away with it, is because they're selling "progress" instead of stats. Progress doesn't depreciate, it only gains value. And players who sell plex--to fund their endeavors--get to keep the value of what they purchase (unless they're not careful, or voluntarily use their resources in a battle/war... but those things are still under the control & influence of the player. Not left to the whims of the devs).

Resources/Ships in a game like EVE, don't depreciate in value... if anything they increase in value, depending on the economy of the game. The devs don't screw their assets over, and they allow for a line of progression which makes use of their existing assets. Every ship in EVE (from the smallest, to the largest) will ALWAYS have a use/function within the game. And skill progression in EVE never loses value.

On the other hand, a game like warframe does sell ingame equipment, for a premium currency. You can actually P2W in warframe, completely... but you can ALSO literally farm EVERYTHING in warframe, for absolutely free (except prime cosmetics, and tennogen cosmetics). Players can even trade the premium currency, which allows for an ingame economy, which helps both f2p & whales to thrive and enjoy the game as they wish. Warframe is also constantly changing the power dynamic of the game, but players still maintain market autonomy.

But TERA doesn't have anything like this... the way they do business, doesn't allow for a stable ingame market.

That being said, I think the main target audience for things like stat-affixed mounts and inner armor isn't actually whales directly, it's hardcore F2P players (especially min-maxers). They're the one most likely to feel the pressure/urgency to upgrade whenever the "meta" shifts, and so BHS introducing a new tier creates a market for EMP sellers. If the same inner armor that worked three years ago was still BiS today, all those F2P players would never have needed to buy anything (because, as a general rule, their main motivator is having a power advantage). Because those F2P players are spending gold not money, they're less likely to feel the same degree of pain about the "devaluing of their investment" (because keeping up with BiS means this happens constantly anyway).

In other words, they shifted the cash shop (and the game) towards hardcore players, which means it's more focused on power (stats) and progression (stamina) and less focused on cosmetics. As a general rule, whales tend to be more casual players (since MMOs are time-gated, and for whales time is harder to come by than money), so this change probably did make spending less desirable for whales except if they're focused on trying to keep up. Things like player housing and skycastles would probably also be evaluated under this lens: what use is this "fluff" content to hardcore min-maxers?

Not generally true, just look at EVE Online, warframe, WOW, FFXIV.

An even better example of this, is Black Desert Online... super competitive game, and many of the competitive players are also whales. And yet BDO doesn't sell direct stat-correlated gear (any product which does have stats, don't have competition with other products... I.E. the stats are marginal, and they don't make something else with even higher stats).

BDO focuses on selling progress (just like EVE Online) and convenience or QoL items. Those are all things which retain value & use.

The reason "progress" works so well in BDO, is because they keep the same baseline of gear (just like EVE doesn't [filtered] with the power hierarchy very often). Yeah it's difficult AF to enchant to the max level, but it's not impossible. And literally any endgame piece of gear, will ALWAYS be useful for any situation (maybe not the optimal, but you can compensate with skill and ping)

I'm not saying that it was right of them to shift their strategy this way, but I think this shift is more in response to already-existing population trends, and not the cause of such trends. (In other words, the game was going to get smaller regardless as it got older and other newer games/time-sinks (like mobile games) came around; the shift of the cash shop model is a reflection of who is still playing -- and indirectly paying -- the most.)

They're still responsible for gamer trends in their own game. Just like if you're on a date and your s/o loses interest or gets bored, you can go eslewhere and do something more fun. If your date gets tired, you can go to a restaurant, or go home and chill on the couch & snuggle...

My point is that If the trend becomes competitive, just give players more things to do. Blaming "player trends" is just saying that TERA devs lack the creativity to make TERA more interesting & engaging--and I don't believe they lack creativity; maybe they're lazy or avoiding risks. Because there are MANY other games in which both whales & f2p players are competitive, and those games don't sell stat gear. So that correlation doesn't hold ground. Additionally, In terms of player trends, you're just putting yourself in a trap if you're focused on selling stat gear, without allowing players to establish their own STABLE economy.. which TERA doesn't really allow, because they're constantly depreciating the value of their own EMP and player gear.

In terms of internal revenue, you're cutting your potential growth because you're just creating more and more useless & non-selling assets, because you're only relying on selling something with better stats (No one will want to spend an insane amount of money, on old underwear lootboxes). Meanwhile the broker prices just keep escalating, making players feel frustrated & hopeless. Every time that they make a new mount, companion, or innerwear that has "better stats than the previous one" they're also wasting the previous resources and assets, and time spent to create them. On top of which, they're removing the opportunity for compounded, exponential income growth.

Imagine if a youtuber deleted the previous video, every time they posted a new video... They'd severely limit their income, and the growth of their audience/channel. That's exactly what Krafton/BHS is doing with the current products they're selling

If they only sold cosmetics and "progress" or "QoL" items like the loot/fishing pets, then people would still be interested in those products in the future. People would still whale on "progress & QoL" just as much as they whale on lootboxes. However, that doesn't solve the depreciating gear.... There's no point to whale on "progress" if the gear loses value as rapidly as it does in TERA. Focusing your income on something like "companions" and "adventure coins" or "innerwear/mount lootboxes" is just putting Krafton/BHS in a financial & player trend trap.

On top of which, it's not fun at all for any player (whale or f2p, casual or competitive)... So not only are they putting themselves in a trap, they're also cutting their own lifeline; their players.

• edited April 24

@BearZerk said:
    Imagine if a youtuber deleted the previous video, every time they posted a new video... They'd severely limit their income, and the growth of their audience/channel. That's exactly what Krafton/BHS is doing with the current products they're selling

That really depends on the kind of content you make, though. Let's say that you're a channel that focuses on current events and you notice that your audience is overwhelming only interested in the latest/newest videos and spends very little time in the archive. In that case, even if they did delete their previous videos, they wouldn't see a dramatic decrease in views or advertising revenue, because most of their attention was always from the latest content anyway. (Of course, this specific analogy breaks down for other reasons like SEO, but what you're describing here is also essentially how mainstream TV worked for the last several decades, notwithstanding reruns.)

For the rest of your comment, I guess I was oversimplifying in the way I was explaining the shift in focus. If you really want to look at the monetization of this game, you have to look at it as multiple streams (or pillars):

A - Elite Subscriptions
    B - Cosmetic Items (costumes, weapon skins, accessories)
    C - Progression-related supplies/consumables/boosts (focused on leveling and endgame)
    D - Stat-affixed items (forced obsolescence/limited lifecycle)
    E - Account services (appearance change, name change, server transfer, etc.)

The point you're complaining about in this thread is D (especially mounts and inner armor). But in the grand scheme of things, this is just one of the revenue streams the game depends on. For each of the A/B/C/D revenue streams, EME uses a "carrot and stick" approach to drive supply and demand. For A, elite increases the stamina pool and regen speed (so it eases a pain point). For B, most new cosmetics are now time-limited offerings with a very small "full-time" catalog of generic choices. For C, specific supplies/consumable are sold or discounted at strategic times based on pain points. For D, they periodically introduce new items with escalating stats to shift the meta.

Basically all of this is so that players of all stripes are driven back to the well on a regular basis (especially because most players don't pay anything directly, but are F2P depending on trade). If, as you're proposing, you're going to eliminate revenue steam D completely, you'd need to be sure that you're instead going to drive the same people currently spending because of D towards another stream. Probably the only way to do that would be to separate "cosmetic" from "progression" so that it splits into B + C. For example, the look of your mount/inner armor could be complete cosmetic, but the meta/stats could be driven by an in-game system that could be accelerated by cash shop boosts/supplies. That way when the meta changes (as it will in this vertical progression MMO), it forces further progression, which drives more direct/indirect revenue, but doesn't invalidate the cosmetic item that someone purchased. I actually prefer this kind of system personally (because it gives people more customizability), but to be honest it is more "masking" what you're doing to be a bit less obvious. (When you come back from a break, all your existing mounts/pets/inner armor would be okay but you'd need to invest more time/money to upgrade them to the latest meta, as with gear.)

The main barrier to shifting to that kind of system is basically just implementation cost, particularly given the back catalog of legacy items that would have to be considered. That isn't to say they would never do that sort of thing; what they did with companions is kinda in the same ballpark, although it has a lot of its own monetization problems that I hate.

Anyway, the main issue here is that this game's economy doesn't generally have the sort of long tail you're thinking it should/would, so just shifting everything from D to B isn't going to work. They need to incorporate C into it to drive recurring revenue, and that brings its own problems/risks if not very-carefully done.

• BearZerkBearZerk
    edited April 25

@counterpoint said:

@BearZerk said:

That really depends on the kind of content you make, though. Let's say that you're a channel that focuses on current events and you notice that your audience is overwhelming only interested in the latest/newest videos and spends very little time in the archive. In that case, even if they did delete their previous videos, they wouldn't see a dramatic decrease in views or advertising revenue, because most of their attention was always from the latest content anyway. (Of course, this specific analogy breaks down for other reasons like SEO, but what you're describing here is also essentially how mainstream TV worked for the last several decades, notwithstanding reruns.)

That's not how ANY media works today, except for memes. Have you been to the internet lately?

Youtubers who primarily rely on youtube for their income, cannot afford to remove videos from their feed (unless said video negatively impacts their channel). The only type of content creator who might do that, is one who's main source of income isn't tied to youtube (Like if they're making a guide to use a different product they manufacture or sell). Even youtubers who cover news & patchnotes, still keep a long backlog of their old videos that's accessible to viewers. They don't only limit themselves to only 1-5 videos at a time.

BTW, Elite subscriptions & cosmetics fall under QoL and progression.... along with account services, and "C" which is again "progression. All of those fall under QoL and progression, which retain their value fairly well. There can be plenty of ways to shift inner armor, premium mounts, and pets, into QoL and progression, rather than just "P2W--Pets at least can be recycled, but the current companion system needs improvement. Again as an example, BDO does have some cosmetics with stats, but they don't make their products depreciate in value. They don't make their old cosmetics "worthless" by simply making a new one with better stats, and giving zero use to the old ones (like it happens with TERA mounts & innerwear). Other games have done similar things, but they don't make their own products compete with each other.

You've said before in other posts, that TERA gains and absurd amount of their money from those competitive P2W whales who want any & every advantage. The simple fact is that selling something which depreciates in value and relying on it as one of your your primary sources of income, isn't stable (there's a reason why grocery stores run on a 3% average profit margin, meanwhile google & amazon have grown exponentially). It's a trap simply on the merit that you're limiting which assets you're able to sell--assets which cost time/money/labor to create and for players to farm/earn/purchase. That sets a very poor trend both for business revenue, and the playerbase. Many games can easily do without that trap, and they thrive quite well in fact.

With your most recent reply, I honestly feel like you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Though if that's genuinely what you think, then Ok. We can agree to disagree, but there are a few hundred thousand examples (outside of games) which can support what i've said (not just talking about the youtube example) so I don't really see a point to continue humoring you.

Honestly I had already quit the game, I'm just trying to give the devs some advice that might help them. o/ Take care tho

• @BearZerk said:
    With your most recent reply, I honestly feel like you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Though if that's genuinely what you think, then Ok. We can agree to disagree, but there are a few hundred thousand examples (outside of games) which can support what i've said (not just talking about the youtube example) so I don't really see a point to continue humoring you.

I'm just trying to explain what appears to be their perspective based on the decisions they've made. My view is that if you understand where they're coming from, you have a better chance of proposing realistic changes that try to meet them halfway. I can't very well forward the message "hey, some former-whale on the forum thinks your business model is dumb" but if there's a realistic suggestion that considers why they did what they did but still improves it, there's a small chance it might be implemented eventually. (Believe it or not, things have actually happened as a result of this approach finally in the last year, though it's slow going.)

The only type of content creator who might do that, is one who's main source of income isn't tied to youtube (Like if they're making a guide to use a different product they manufacture or sell). Even youtubers who cover news & patchnotes, still keep a long backlog of their old videos that's accessible to viewers. They don't only limit themselves to only 1-5 videos at a time.

My point here is that we don't have the data to support the actual sales patterns they see. Without that it's hard to be so definitive that their business model is stupid and doesn't work, even if others do it differently. They keep leaning into this because it works for them, and so you're fighting an uphill battle whether you think the truth is obvious or not.

Honestly I had already quit the game, I'm just trying to give the devs some advice that might help them. o/ Take care tho

The devs don't read this forum (particularly looking for business advice), honestly. But in any case, I hope you find a game you enjoy more.

• @BearZerk said:
    You guys also REALLY NEED a better model/system for companions btw.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to profit from them... but currently It feels like wiping my posterior, with someone else's already used toilet tissue.

You can make it fun, AND F2P friendly, and whales will still keep spending on it. It doesn't have to be a craptastic system, for whales to spend money on it....

we're gonna spend either way, if we enjoy the game. But we're less likely to whale if we can't enjoy the experience, and our friends/guildies lose interest in the game. Games aren't fun by yourself, and people with money don't feel the need to prove themselves on a game... we just want to impress our friends. We just play for the thrill, to have a fun experience, for the boss fights, and to enjoy a game with friends. But if you (poop) on that, then you (poop) on your own game. The companion system & the adventure coin systems, are perfect examples of this (poopage) that I'm talking about.

This sums up how I feel about this weird business model. Some companies think people won't spend money unless there's an extremely difficult system in place. Maybe we'll spend a bit more than we would if there was an easier model when you compare the same timespan, but in the long run they'll just guarantee some of the whales will quit instead of continuing to support the game.

Which leads to F2P people leaving the game as well. If whales quit because of a garbage business model or specific systems like the Companion clusterf***, that means a lot of F2P people have already left. Without a solid F2P playerbase, the whales who kept playing will get bored because there aren't too many people playing with us.

I just started playing the game and honestly I'm almost done with it. Bought a legit copy of TERA to get the Founder title and 8 character slots, all the cool Steam packs and tons of EMP. Up until level 65 the game had a solid cosmetic system and nice features like showing the success percentage of enchanting and upgrading. Then for some reason higher level items won't show the success rates and when I was basically ready to give my credit card to EME because of partners I found out about how there's really nothing you can control about the Companion system.

No wonder the 50% off for Companion loot boxes ended days ago and the prices on Trade Broker as well as /t and /c are still as if the offer was still going on. People bought tons of it thinking other players would want to get into the Companion BS and no one wanted to risk their precious Gold on a multilayered gambling system.

• Just to toss my 2 cents in here, I usually spend about 500-700 usd a month on tera on different accounts over the past years, getting things for friends, buying them emp ect, so i guess i can fit the very bottom tier of whale. Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with this games shop and way of doing things. Maybe because I'm used to shilling out thousands in bdo and hundreds in rs3 so my tera spending isn't that big. Regardless, I know i'm not alone when I say people will spend money on pretty much anything, so you gotta provide something of more value than what they are already getting or else you will be ignored.
    Also, a large majority of complaints about tera seem like dumb entitled players thinking these companies owe them something. They don't owe you content, they don't owe you free content and they certainly don't owe you their time.
    Press s to spit.

• @BearZerk said:
    On the other hand, a game like warframe does sell ingame equipment, for a premium currency. You can actually P2W in warframe, completely... but you can ALSO literally farm EVERYTHING in warframe, for absolutely free (except prime cosmetics, and tennogen cosmetics). Players can even trade the premium currency, which allows for an ingame economy, which helps both f2p & whales to thrive and enjoy the game as they wish. Warframe is also constantly changing the power dynamic of the game, but players still maintain market autonomy.

Just one thing, there is not such a thing like P2W, there is no competition, pvp (conclave) is non existant and also pvp and pve mods and stuff isn't compatible. The only thing you pay in warframe is cosmetics, and "buy" time, but that doesnt make you supperior in any way, again, because there is not competition againts other players.