[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Anniversary Event Discussion

Comments

• wack [filtered] event, good job mEME

• FainallFainall ✭✭✭

Seriously on discord Rox said this event was geared towards casual players. Cause casual players wanna run 200 dungeons for a pet right? :s

• Current state of EU TERA:

Current state of NA TERA:

Gameforge:

mEME:

• 80 tokens for a xp scroll, its very nice for casual players LOL

• OicwutudidthurOicwutudidthur ✭✭✭

Has anyone opened the exodor enchantment support box / knows whats inside?

My understanding was that the previous event npcs which were decently good were given from BHS, and this current event npc which is heavily criticized was set up by EME.

Items overpriced:

Card fragment random box (uncommon) - You would need to clear 17 CSN runs to afford one, and it's still rng if it's a decent / already redeemed card. Compare 100 tokens for this to 20 tokens EU got.

Card fragment random box (common) - ^

(Limited duration) Skill advancement tome III - You would gain 25x the exp from dungeons before you earn enough tokens to afford this

[+9 or below] 50% Weapon Enchanting Scroll (Suprerior) - Regular weapon feedstock is already mega cheap, but this is 150 tokens for not even a guarantee on enchanting. It's also for +9 or below only. The previous event's scrolls could get an upgrade going for under 4 scrolls, which totaled 20 tokens. If this was truly a casual event, this item should be super cheap considering casuals are the ones trying to still reach +10 gear.

[Event] XP Scroll II - At 80 tokens, you would reach almost max level before you can even afford this scroll and it would put a dent into your exp. Isn't this like less than 1% exp when trying to go from 69 > 70? It's not even worth buying at 1 token. The previous 2 months of events gave level 70 scrolls for only 20 tokens, which are essentially infinite exp.

Items that serve a niche and could cater to specific audiences, but still overpriced nonetheless:

Golden Rod (1 Hour) - You would realistically only fish 30 BAF within the hour if you were really good at fishing. It's still an insane amount of work to get it. 30 BAF is only worth 15k, which is an awful amount for an hour of hardcore playing (yes, catching BAF for an hour straight is hardcore and would require more effort than playing dungeons for an hour). It might serve a purpose for achievement hunting.

Pearl - ...

Pet: Neon Chupathingy Looter, Pet: Chupathingy Looter - I really hope you're not putting on such a price due to its autolooting capabilities. It should really be auto loot pets = double the legacy essence value, bank pets = quadruple the legacy essence value, and the cosmetic cuteness is just an added bonus for it to be considered an event. For this to be the poster boy of the event, it's underwhelming as heck.

• nnhorizonnnhorizon ✭✭

@Fainall said:
    Seriously on discord Rox said this event was geared towards casual players. Cause casual players wanna run 200 dungeons for a pet right? :s

Only 200? Filthy casual

@Oicwutudidthur said:
    Has anyone opened the exodor enchantment support box / knows whats inside? ...

Agree with most of this. Thanks for writing it up, hopefully someone from EME actually sees it

• edited May 6

With things like this only thing that comes to mind is:
    https://i.imgur.com/dMFf7ST.jpg

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

@creativly said:
    Current state of EU TERA:

the reality:

• @metagame said:

@creativly said:

the reality:

Naslow's Treasure Map in 2K20, as if that matters now, lol... Just do CSN, CSH, and AQ for final state of current endgame content. Can just buy out the etchings and farm out relics + halidoms now. As for the fish botters, there are tons in NA TERA too.

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

well by that logic, you "can just" enjoy the current anniversary events all the same lol.

• AkymiAkymi ✭✭

Why the hell the anniversary tokens are not bankables ? oO

• Man if this event was to really help casuals then what they need to do is 2 things. Lower the price of those enchanting scrolls to 1 coin, its only to plus 10 wich will help people behind greatly. Second is add a second scroll that could go to plus 15 for the price of the current one, hardcore people would grind for that and if you guys wanna be extra generous make it work on Heroic Oath gear. That be a great way to start turning around things. Also why are we waiting for the weekend for any events. Most people are stuck at home this is the perfect time to give your player base and enjoyable event all week. Everyone is stressed and anxious about the uncertain future and tera is a way we escape and enjoy our selves. This event should be one to remember to counteract the state of the world. A lot of people have been playing for years and tera has a special place in our hearts. Please make this an awesome anniversary i k ow it might be tough but its something we all need right now. Oh damn i wrote a lot.
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭

@zxkilljoyxz said:
    Man if this event was to really help casuals then what they need to do is 2 things. Lower the price of those enchanting scrolls to 1 coin, its only to plus 10 wich will help people behind greatly. Second is add a second scroll that could go to plus 15 for the price of the current one, hardcore people would grind for that and if you guys wanna be extra generous make it work on Heroic Oath gear. That be a great way to start turning around things. Also why are we waiting for the weekend for any events. Most people are stuck at home this is the perfect time to give your player base and enjoyable event all week. Everyone is stressed and anxious about the uncertain future and tera is a way we escape and enjoy our selves. This event should be one to remember to counteract the state of the world. A lot of people have been playing for years and tera has a special place in our hearts. Please make this an awesome anniversary i k ow it might be tough but its something we all need right now. Oh damn i wrote a lot.

waiting for the weekend doesnt feel like an event >D> all the events in april happen on the weekend to im hoping it going to be at least different we could be having daily events for 2 to 4 hours thought out the day hunting open world like the Easter and mongo event where you have a chaince for pots,feast,mats,and cards or giant bams like kelsiak burning fire to the open world and watching people drop like flies

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

@metagame said:

@creativly said:

the reality:

As someone that plays on mystel and does maps I havent seen any of the bots, but that's not a region specific problem anyway.
    As for the queue thing, look on the bright side, it means there's so many people playing :^), but frankly aside from one saturday I haven't seen that either lmao

• berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    https://imgflip.com/i/40c8sv
    when NA tera actually terrible for once.