[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

merge when?

is kt/vk getting merge any time soon?
kt is so DEAD

if you want to keep pvp and pve servers thats fine but to solve inflation maybe
merging brokers?

Comments

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭

No. Velika have tons problems. I play yesterday with 80ms and today with 190ms..... what is the [filtered] problem with EME

• Stitches1974Stitches1974 ✭✭
    edited May 2

@Konatta98 said:
    No. Velika have tons problems. I play yesterday with 80ms and today with 190ms..... what is the [filtered] problem with EME

Could it be an issue on your end and not with the servers? Where are you logging in from? I've not had any issues with high ping at all. ( 50-60 ms for me )

• LangriltLangrilt ✭✭
    edited May 2
    Same here , don't have any problems with ping

> @Stitches1974 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Could it be an issue on your end and not with the servers? Where are you logging in from? I've not had any issues with high ping at all. ( 50-60 ms for me )
    >
    > (Image)

Same here , don't have any problems with ping always static 30-45 ms
  • I doubt they will do a server merge but linking the trade brokers between servers would have its benefits for stimulating the economy of the servers. Since having access to potential buyers from another server through the broker could help revitalize the demand for items that aren't selling well on one server due to a low population.

• At the beginning I was asking the same question, but now with the current issues, I think it should stay the way it is, because Velika is overcrowded and a lot of times server cannot handle it.
    I think that possibly because PVP is dead anyway - turn KT into PVE server so that way new people don't turn away from it because they see it is PVP.
    Also, making server transfers free for a limited time would probably be not a bad idea. People just loose too much stuff by transferring so I don't think even that would attract people unless they lift restrictions on transferred items.
    I think they just need to think of a way to equalize the population on both servers, attract people to go to KT. How could it be done, I'm not entirely sure.

• FuelynFuelyn ✭✭
    edited May 2

Honestly, I don't want a merge.
    Every time I see post claiming PvP is dead, I feel they just go by what they see people say on global. While I can't say PvP is as good and active as before(It's not), it's certainly not dead. Mass PvP happens almost daily. People still hang around Velika Outskirts be it chilling, dueling, or small parties of red players just poking around. The system is still getting used. Yeah it's somewhat inactive, it's pretty much the same people, and it's pretty much VO only, but the open world pvp system still gets used. I personally will have no reason to stay if it gets removed and I can see a few others that will loose reason to stay. Some which are people that PvE.

Here's a couple of images from this year showing around the amount of people that still come to do Open World PvP.
    Keep in mind that I've missed many fights as I'm not always there and even when I am there I just simply forget to take some screenshot from being focused on the PvP.

Also, find it sad how we go "Turn it into PvE so people don't get turned away from it", but PvP players being forced into a PvE server is ok.
    I would be down with a merge if it's guaranteed that at least VO(Velika Outskirts) will have open world PvP. Linking broker fixes the issue of broker but I imagine people would also like to see LFG more filled. Honestly I want both PvE & PvP players to be happy but if it's at the risk of loosing the little PvP we have left, well I guess it can't be accomplished. BattleGrounds & Civil Unrest, while fun, doesn't give the same rush OWPvP gives.

• @Fuelyn said:

Also, find it sad how we go "Turn it into PvE so people don't get turned away from it", but PvP players being forced into a PvE server is ok.
    I would be down with a merge if it's guaranteed that at least VO(Velika Outskirts) will have open world PvP. Linking broker fixes the issue of broker but I imagine people would also like to see LFG more filled. Honestly I want both PvE & PvP players to be happy but if it's at the risk of loosing the little PvP we have left, well I guess it can't be accomplished. BattleGrounds & Civil Unrest, while fun, doesn't give the same rush OWPvP gives.

Don't worry, Velika has it share of PVPers who whine and complain that no one is queing for corsairs, etc..., but don't want to change servers.

If there ever is a merge, hopefully a pvp option will still be available you people who want to pvp.

• Konatta98Konatta98 ✭✭
    edited May 3

@Stitches1974 said:

@Konatta98 said:

Could it be an issue on your end and not with the servers? Where are you logging in from? I've not had any issues with high ping at all. ( 50-60 ms for me )

I play with 80-100ms but since "DDoS" and they change VK IP i play like 1 day with 80ms and the next day with 180ms xD

• @Stitches1974 said:

@Fuelyn said:

Don't worry, Velika has it share of PVPers who whine and complain that no one is queing for corsairs, etc..., but don't want to change servers.

If there ever is a merge, hopefully a pvp option will still be available you people who want to pvp.

You realize that queues are cross-server right? being in vk or kt doesnt change anything

• FODOKCHFODOKCH ✭✭

@GKFP7K6KL7

Try IM in FA and Bahaar XD

• @GKFP7K6KL7 said:

@Stitches1974 said:

@Fuelyn said:

You realize that queues are cross-server right? being in vk or kt doesnt change anything

Yes I do. Doesn't change the fact that people on velika still complain about the long pvp ques.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5

@Stitches1974 said:

@GKFP7K6KL7 said:

@Stitches1974 said:

@Fuelyn said:

Yes I do. Doesn't change the fact that people on velika still complain about the long pvp ques.

I vividly remember people in Trade chat just short of demanding people queue for CS. "C'mon people! Queue for CS!" and the like. If I were to guess why they threw Trade into the mix, the usual avenues probably weren't working so they figured more eyes would get someone interested.

I also remember when the ninja first dropped and the first thing I was greeted with after making my character was someone spamming a duel with me. I only "agreed" because when I was ready to tell them to [filtered] off (for like the 4th time), me hitting Enter just happened to line up with the prompt coming up. So I just threw the fight, told them that I threw the fight, and they proceeded to whine about how no one, on a PvE server, was into PvP. Oh, and this was on CH (remember that? I do...), before the big PvE supermerge, so try and work that one out.

• ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    edited May 8

@Stitches1974 said:

@Fuelyn said:

Actually, I know 2 really consistent pvp mains who recent transferred from vk to kt, being Misery and Adizoa. Its important to separate the handful of players who complain but aren't actually participating versus the serious and well known players who do PvP regularly. Also PvP queues has largely been active this month(scrap that, it is simply VERY ACTIVE right now as a whole), so if the specific day is CS but they want to queue gridiron, then that is their own problem. Likewise, there are an equally handful of players on KT who wanted to do FA but wondered why people were doing PvP instead. These are people who can't get a party or just adding a voice in. If it is double drop then obviously pvp will be stagnant but there are also days which is vice versa. It is crucial to distinguish between the people dosen't walk the talk and the actual relatively silent members who are busy doing stuff instead of spamming global.

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭

@Konatta98 said:

Blame the company for ping-related issues that only affect a small number of people is just... dumb? I'm playing on EU and have had no issues that weren't caused solely by my router / ISP.