[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Mobs dropped more cards before the bonus drop rate than they are right now, during the event weekend

Probably the thing I'm most disappointed in is the card fragment drop rate during this event.
Personally, I love to spend hours going in circles, farming card fragments and have been very successful in the past few weeks.
This event is supposed to increase the drop rate by 200%, meaning the drop rate should be tripled, but I am just not feeling it.
On Friday, after the event was activated, I spent over an hour in the Granarkus area, farming in the Dryuul section to get the HP Recovery card fragments, but after 1000+ mobs, I only had 4 common card fragments and 0 uncommon ones. After 1000! This wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't farmed double the amount of cards before the weekend started, around the same number of mobs and I had double the cards WITHOUT the bonus drop rate.

I'm just really ticked off. The card drop rate is already dog [filtered] and this 200% bonus doesn't seem to make any difference, if anything it decreased my chances at getting cards.

Comments

• VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭

This ^

The card fragment drop rate is just beyond awful, and the 200% bonus seems to do nothing to help with it. Even in dungeons as well, I've done hundreds of Bahaar since the card system was released (and many during the card event) because that is my favourite dungeon. I still dont even have every card completed that's obtainable from Bahaar. Are we supposed to do hundreds of GVH and AAH and GLSH and so on to get those cards as well? Absolutely ridiculous.

I appreciate the card fragment boxes from the chupatoken event, but wish such a high cost for both the common and uncommon fragment boxes I seriously wonder how anyone who's not spamming ilvl 461+ dungeons regularly could get much out of it. This card system is unbelievably anti-new player and we seriously need more impactful card events to counteract this foolishness that's been imposed on us.

• RyuzhenRyuzhen ✭✭

I agree with them. The previous weekend the drop was much better, I got enough fragment cards in short periods, while during this weekend the drop is equal to normal or even worse, was triple drop really activated for card fragments?
    My guildies and friends like farm cards feel the same.

• STALKERrulesSTALKERrules ✭✭✭

Simple math tho, dont know the actual rates of card dropping but let me give u an example: Lets assume that the drop rate of a white card is 0.5% and a green card 0.2%. When "triple" drop is on, it will be white card: 1.5%, green card: 0.6%. If the chances are terrible, like in this system, even with x5 drop will be [filtered]

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭

I think the event was bugged and there was no change

• VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭

@STALKERrules said:
    Simple math tho, dont know the actual rates of card dropping but let me give u an example: Lets assume that the drop rate of a white card is 0.5% and a green card 0.2%. When "triple" drop is on, it will be white card: 1.5%, green card: 0.6%. If the chances are terrible, like in this system, even with x5 drop will be [filtered]

Yes, an excellent point! That is why another triple or even quintuple event will NOT suffice. And if the geniuses over at Krafton will not permit a 10-20x event then cards must be made obtainable through other means (else than spending an average of 400k gold to complete a single green card). Being able to get cards from tokens that are obtained through dungeons, like the chupa event, is favourable to me (and I think a lot of players honestly). To make it better though, you might put tokens in each dungeon that give the cards for the respective dungeon (ex.: tokens drop in Gossamer Vault that give the cards that can be obtained in Gossamer Vault). Perhaps 1 or 2 card fragments that are unobtainable currently like the ones that were obtained from Thaumetal Refinery, Ravenous Gorge, Demokron Factory, etc. could be added to each shop as well, or just added to dungeons that drop no cards like Corrupted Skynest normal and hard mode, and Forbidden Arena.

This way, people might actually run dungeons for cards, instead of cards being a loose afterthought. Wouldn't be surprised if you saw more than a handful of people running glsh/aah with an event like that!

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@Vulcarion said:

@STALKERrules said:

Yes, an excellent point! That is why another triple or even quintuple event will NOT suffice. And if the geniuses over at Krafton will not permit a 10-20x event then cards must be made obtainable through other means (else than spending an average of 400k gold to complete a single green card). Being able to get cards from tokens that are obtained through dungeons, like the chupa event, is favourable to me (and I think a lot of players honestly). To make it better though, you might put tokens in each dungeon that give the cards for the respective dungeon (ex.: tokens drop in Gossamer Vault that give the cards that can be obtained in Gossamer Vault). Perhaps 1 or 2 card fragments that are unobtainable currently like the ones that were obtained from Thaumetal Refinery, Ravenous Gorge, Demokron Factory, etc. could be added to each shop as well, or just added to dungeons that drop no cards like Corrupted Skynest normal and hard mode, and Forbidden Arena.

This way, people might actually run dungeons for cards, instead of cards being a loose afterthought. Wouldn't be surprised if you saw more than a handful of people running glsh/aah with an event like that!

I don't remember the last time I saw AAHM in the lfg.

• As to why most people farming cards in the field got 2x or 3x the amount of (green) cards last last week instead of last weekend, the answer is that:
    They only remembered to turn on 200% card drop rate in the field in the last 12hrs of the promised 3-days.

My friend and i did 2000 mobs experiments both weekends :)

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@asianfarmer said:
    As to why most people farming cards in the field got 2x or 3x the amount of (green) cards last last week instead of last weekend, the answer is that:
    They only remembered to turn on 200% card drop rate in the field in the last 12hrs of the promised 3-days.

Small Indie Company

• edited June 6

@Glaiver said:

@asianfarmer said:
    As to why most people farming cards in the field got 2x or 3x the amount of (green) cards last last week instead of last weekend, the answer is that:

Small Indie Company

Ironically, though, in this specific case that's actually true. (Unlike when this meme is usually used for mega companies like Blizzard or Square Enix and so on.)

We did ask about this event, incidentally, and they said it was programmed to work, but if it actually only worked for the last 12 hours then clearly something must have gone wrong for whatever reason. It's obviously something that needs more investigation when they try to run it again.