[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Going for laurels is pointless if i'm obligated to do a ton of PvP achievements to reach Champion

I'm very dissatisfied with this change. It never required you to do PvP stuff to reach cahmpion, but now you do. I'm about 300 points away from Diamond on my Valkyrie and I've done nearly every PvE achievement, excluding high end dungeons like Skynest, Bahaar and the unpopular GLSHM, AAHM and GVHM (practically nobody runs these 3 anyway, they all do AQ). And even if I do all the top end dungeon achievements, I would still be over 1.5k points away from Champion, which means I would have to do PvP, which I despise with all my heart and will not do.

I was always able to reach champion by doing 95% of the PvE stuff, but with this change, I don't really see the point in going for laurels if you're forcing PvP down our throats to earn the top laurel. 99% of the player base doesn't give a damn about PvP and you pull this crap? Not cool.

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

Going for laurels was borderline pointless when someone thought it was a good idea to undo a cheevo's progress if the associated content got removed.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

Didn't someone in another topic say Champion was literally impossible right now?

• nnhorizonnnhorizon ✭✭

@SageWindu said:
    Going for laurels was borderline pointless when someone thought it was a good idea to undo a cheevo's progress if the associated content got removed.

no

@TJKat said:
    Didn't someone in another topic say Champion was literally impossible right now?

It's traditionally needed 95% of possible achievement points which would be impossible on a new account considering the amount of Kuma's Royale achievements there are. CS achievements are near impossible to get as well if you don't have them already since they only pop during BG events. If you have them already from back when they were easier to obtain, I'd assume it's still possible

@nnhorizon said:

@SageWindu said:

no

That's it? Just "no"? What is "no" about my statement?

What other game have you played where an achievement was rolled back because, say, a server went offline or a LTE ended? Because I sure hell haven't seen that anywhere else, and I've been gaming for 20+ years.

• ErazusErazus ✭✭

@TJKat said:

It's traditionally needed 95% of possible achievement points which would be impossible on a new account considering the amount of Kuma's Royale achievements there are. CS achievements are near impossible to get as well if you don't have them already since they only pop during BG events. If you have them already from back when they were easier to obtain, I'd assume it's still possible

That is not what he is saying. IT IS currently impossible to get champion laurel even with all the achievements in the game (that counts towards laurel obviously because special ones do not count). Have you seen someone right now with a champion laurel in the past 2 months? The answer is no. I have almost all the achievements (missing 6 achievements) but im missing 900 points.

When they buffed all the dungeons and removed like half of them, for some reasons, in our region, they did not change the amount of points needed for the laurels but because of the removal of half the dungeons, we lost A LOT of achievement points counting towards laurel therefore, it is impossible to get champion right now.

@Glaiver PvP is part of the game and laurels are not a PvE exclusive thing lol. You saying you don't want to do PvP for laurel is the same as someone said they don't want to do PvE for laurel, it is just so dumb and defeats the purpose. Having a lot of achievement points should be an all around thing, even things that you do not necessarily enjoy BUT EITHERWAY, champion is impossible to get right now.

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@Erazus said:

@TJKat said:

That is not what he is saying. IT IS currently impossible to get champion laurel even with all the achievements in the game (that counts towards laurel obviously because special ones do not count). Have you seen someone right now with a champion laurel in the past 2 months? The answer is no. I have almost all the achievements (missing 6 achievements) but im missing 900 points.

When they buffed all the dungeons and removed like half of them, for some reasons, in our region, they did not change the amount of points needed for the laurels but because of the removal of half the dungeons, we lost A LOT of achievement points counting towards laurel therefore, it is impossible to get champion right now.

@Glaiver PvP is part of the game and laurels are not a PvE exclusive thing lol. You saying you don't want to do PvP for laurel is the same as someone said they don't want to do PvE for laurel, it is just so dumb and defeats the purpose. Having a lot of achievement points should be an all around thing, even things that you do not necessarily enjoy BUT EITHERWAY, champion is impossible to get right now.

Up until this patch, you could always get champion quite easily by just doing PvE, it took a lot of time but you could get it. I had it on multiple characters and I didn't need PvP achievements for it. But now for some reason you do. Not okay with that.

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

You're ignoring the part where we're telling you that even the PvP achievements won't get you to champion. EME messed something up and It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to get a champion laurel.

• edited June 10

@Glaiver Open your eyes correctly and read properly.

BUT EITHERWAY, champion is impossible to get right now.

• seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭

Hello, achieving Champion Laurel is currently impossible, here's a photo of my achievements :

Cheers !

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be surprised if this didn't happen before... multiple times.

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@MargaretRose said:
    I'd be surprised if this didn't happen before... multiple times.

Nope. I've been playing since 2015 and it was always "do 95% of PvE achievements and you'll have your champion laurel". There were never these kind of blunders from the devs.

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@fdadwdawwdf said:
    @Glaiver Open your eyes correctly and read properly.

My mistake.

• GlaiverGlaiver ✭✭

@TJKat said:
    You're ignoring the part where we're telling you that even the PvP achievements won't get you to champion. EME messed something up and It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to get a champion laurel.

My mistake.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

@SageWindu said:

@nnhorizon said:

@SageWindu said:

no

What other game have you played where an achievement was rolled back because, say, a server went offline or a LTE ended? Because I sure hell haven't seen that anywhere else, and I've been gaming for 20+ years.

They're not rolled back dude, in tera there's something called achievement seasons and it's perfectly fair and reasonable to have them, it gives everyone the chance to have champion in the season they play and clear all content in. I really see no issue. You still keep those achievements in legacy, and titles are something that never get removed, when that content returns you also have your cheevos back.

@CornishRex said:

@SageWindu said:

@nnhorizon said:

@SageWindu said:

no

They're not rolled back dude, in tera there's something called achievement seasons and it's perfectly fair and reasonable to have them, it gives everyone the chance to have champion in the season they play and clear all content in. I really see no issue. You still keep those achievements in legacy, and titles are something that never get removed, when that content returns you also have your cheevos back.

I know about "seasons", thank you; I was referring to the point values being rolled back, not the cheevos themselves, which is pretty much the same thing since we're talking about points needed for laurels (and last I checked, titles don't count toward laurels). Also, if that content doesn't come back? The points from that one cheevo you might have spent literal weeks trying to clear so you could get that shiny new laurel? Off to the Shadow Realm Legacy section it goes for all eternity, rendering its point values null and literally undoing the progress that went into trying to get a laurel (which was my original point).

Again, I've never seen that happen in any other game I've played. Either a cheevo's point values were independent of the content's status (see sports titles) or the cheevo itself could no longer be obtained because of such (again, see sports titles). To date, TERA is the only game I've played where cheevo points go into Purgatory because the associated content was removed and progress therein was negated, rotating seasons be damned.