[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Going for laurels is pointless if i'm obligated to do a ton of PvP achievements to reach Champion

2»

Comments

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@Glaiver said:
    Nope. I've been playing since 2015 and it was always "do 95% of PvE achievements and you'll have your champion laurel". There were never these kind of blunders from the devs.

You're forgetting the time where you could get champion with significantly less than 95%. Then they re-adjusted the calculation about a week before they ended the achievement season.

@SageWindu said:
    Stuff

Laurels are based on active content, what's so outrageous about that?

I think a lot of people would have been less upset this time around if they'd ended the achievement season before they removed half the game's content.

• SelenyaSelenya ✭✭
    edited June 11

I was champion, and back to gold now lol
    And yeah, I think it's impossible right now to be champion. But didn't know that pvp count for laurel now ??
    I think achievements are really not balanced, I saw some achiev' are not possible to do now..
    So they really have to fix and re-balance everything. This is clearlly not correct right now.

• @SageWindu said:

@CornishRex said:

@SageWindu said:

@nnhorizon said:

@SageWindu said:
    Going for laurels was borderline pointless when someone thought it was a good idea to undo a cheevo's progress if the associated content got removed.

no

That's it? Just "no"? What is "no" about my statement?

What other game have you played where an achievement was rolled back because, say, a server went offline or a LTE ended? Because I sure hell haven't seen that anywhere else, and I've been gaming for 20+ years.

They're not rolled back dude, in tera there's something called achievement seasons and it's perfectly fair and reasonable to have them, it gives everyone the chance to have champion in the season they play and clear all content in. I really see no issue. You still keep those achievements in legacy, and titles are something that never get removed, when that content returns you also have your cheevos back.

I know about "seasons", thank you; I was referring to the point values being rolled back, not the cheevos themselves, which is pretty much the same thing since we're talking about points needed for laurels (and last I checked, titles don't count toward laurels). Also, if that content doesn't come back? The points from that one cheevo you might have spent literal weeks trying to clear so you could get that shiny new laurel? Off to the Shadow Realm Legacy section it goes for all eternity, rendering its point values null and literally undoing the progress that went into trying to get a laurel (which was my original point).

Again, I've never seen that happen in any other game I've played. Either a cheevo's point values were independent of the content's status (see sports titles) or the cheevo itself could no longer be obtained because of such (again, see sports titles). To date, TERA is the only game I've played where cheevo points go into Purgatory because the associated content was removed and progress therein was negated, rotating seasons be damned.

It'd just mean you'd have to have two separate point calculations: a seasonal point calculation (that would exclude inaccessible achievements and prioritize the new things they want people to do), and an overall/cumulative point calculation (that forever added up no matter what). That way your old/legacy achievements would still be reflected in some sort of total for posterity, but it wouldn't be counted towards the season. (It's either that or they could take all the legacy achievements and assign those points into a different "legacy point total" category and people could add the two up themselves to get their "lifetime total."

Anyway, aside this, I suspect that the issue with the wrong threshold will probably be fixed in next Tuesday's patch when they add the new content. We probably just inherited this next patch's thresholds early due to a code merge issue.

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭

@Selenya said:
    But didn't know that pvp count for laurel now ??

corsair and kuma cheevos have counted for years now

• 39HATFDXLY39HATFDXLY ✭✭
    edited June 12

PvP isn't really hard to do, think of it as being the same as PvE, just much less repetitive and predictable. Most players that do PvP aren't really toxic at all, and the pvp community is pretty small, so most players just play for fun.

The only active BGs are 3s, CS and SH and they aren't as active as they used to be during last season when FWC was back. SH isn't really hard to play or rank in but it's much more direct than CS and relies on you fighting people over pyres. CS is team orientated, but relies much less on PvP skill than SH and 3s. 3s is basically SH, but more concentrated. If you're worried about "being bad" or "toxic people", then I wouldn't worry about that at all honestly since most people won't judge you at all. I do want to say Kumas too, but I haven't done Kumas in ages, even though it's pretty fun (and weird) haha

Btw...I do alot of PvP, but I do alot of PvE too and I think alot of PvPers are the same way. CSN, GLSHM, AAHM and GVHM aren't hard at all once you get the hang of them. CSN you just have to keep an eye on the temp mech, and the HM versions of those dungeons are fairly easy with their respective mechs once you get the hang of them. I run them a bit from time to time, also AQ and Bahaars a bit as well. Ironically in regards to PvP, I do think a considerable amount of the playerbase do enjoy PvP as well, and there's plenty of people that do both PvP and PvE and not just one or the other.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @39HATFDXLY said:
    > Most players that do PvP aren't really toxic at all
    I'm sorry but... Hahahahahaha
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:
    It'd just mean you'd have to have two separate point calculations: a seasonal point calculation (that would exclude inaccessible achievements and prioritize the new things they want people to do), and an overall/cumulative point calculation (that forever added up no matter what).

We... already have this. Your laurel reflects seasonal point calculation, and the displayed number of achievement points shows you every achievement point you've ever earned.

• @CornishRex said:

@39HATFDXLY said:
    Most players that do PvP aren't really toxic at all

I'm sorry but... Hahahahahaha

Compared to before, nope I don't think the current community base is as toxic as it was 4-5 years ago. There are some toxic players (I don't think callouts are allowed), but outside of a healer or 2 and maybe a few others over on kaiator, I really haven't seen that many toxic people. Currently, there's ~50 people on average that que shorehold total, and less que during the "usual days" for the battleground. Personally, I'm not toxic to anyone and I have 7 characters with +9 pvp gear and I try to encourage people to try battlegrounds if / when I can. I have a friend that usually ques shorehold with me too, and we pretty much always reject kicking people in battlegrounds (he's a old time player back from the alliance / old battleground days).

Back when Fraywind was originally up, PvP was far more toxic imo. The sync ques were really cancerous, and people would use their syncs to kick people they didn't like, or people who were eq. Compared to then, it's quite a bit better imo.