[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Problems with the 64bit update

Hello everyone,

I am having issues running the game after the update, meaning ( i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz 16GB RAM GeForce GTX 1050) I am running it at 14-16GB RAM and at 88-92 Degrees CPU and this is only an hour of gameplay after patch. This has never been a problem, the game ran at 4-5 GB RAM and around 70 Degrees before the update. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
I have tried lowering settings, changing resolution, whatever you can think of, except allocating memory from CPU to GPU, nothing worked.

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Comments

• (i7-6700K, 32gb ddr-4, Geforce GTX 1080, all SSD and watercooled):

-Bluescreening
    -using 14gb of ram while idling in a completely unpopulated area
    -CPU usage going up to 100% in random intervals
    -High temperatures
    -Random Lag spikes
    -Slow/Unresponsive menus

Tried every recommendation provided by dev/publisher and from the community but nothing even makes a difference.
    If they don't fix this i'm afraid this game will officially die.

• GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭

That’s sound really dangerous, only a game like red dead redemption 2 force any PC to max temperature. Sound really bad for Tera it can destroy your computer so.

• i keep crashing and running out of ram...lol....

• I have been having 0 problems. The itself cannot brick your PC... yall crazy. get a better PC

• @captkirk91 said:
    I have been having 0 problems. The itself cannot brick your PC... yall crazy. get a better PC

Imagine tellin ppl with an i7 7700 16gb of ram and a 1060 to upgrade just to play an UE3 game

• @SqueakyGasp said:
    (i7-6700K, 32gb ddr-4, Geforce GTX 1080, all SSD and watercooled):

Tried every recommendation provided by dev/publisher and from the community but nothing even makes a difference.
    If they don't fix this i'm afraid this game will officially die.

Similar build on my end. Recently downloaded new patch, but unable to play. Get this error:

Error: Host

Host_WindowLoadTimeout

Kind of happy it's less of an issue than a blue-screen.

Maybe they will do a roll-back and we will never hear of it being 64bit ever again.

• KsandriaKsandria
    edited August 12

@captkirk91 said:
    I have been having 0 problems. The itself cannot brick your PC... yall crazy. get a better PC

Do you know anything about PC's or did your mom purchase your 32GB rig and you immediately assumed you can tell people what PCs to buy and what configurations are better? Tell me, how many AAA games actually use between 80-100% of your computer's RAM? Do you know what a safe CPU temperature is, what damage can high temperatures cause on a processor and how to apply thermal paste, for example? I dont feel the need to explain to you how I am not planning on investing in a new PC for a dead game. If they don't fix this, many people wont be able to play, not only me.

• Update: Ive reduced the RAM usage to 10 now, GPU to 50%, but the pc still runs 90 degrees, peaked 101 today at Highwatch Medium Ch.1. The only option that worked so far was undervolting (runs at 80 degrees\wouldnt recommend anyone doing it, unless they know what undervolting is, if it will void their product warranty, how to do it safely (I had help with it, otherwise Id never had done it)) and limiting thread usage from Task Manager from 8 to 4 (lowers FPS to 60). I post this so it may hopefully help someone else.

• edited August 13

@Gatokatzen said:
    That’s sound really dangerous, only a game like red dead redemption 2 force any PC to max temperature. Sound really bad for Tera it can destroy your computer so.

The computer will throttle or power down if it overheats, unless you specifically tell it not to.

@Ksandria said:
    Update: Ive reduced the RAM usage to 10 now, GPU to 50%, but the pc still runs 90 degrees, peaked 101 today at Highwatch Medium Ch.1. The only option that worked so far was undervolting (runs at 80 degrees\wouldnt recommend anyone doing it, unless they know what undervolting is, if it will void their product warranty, how to do it safely (I had help with it, otherwise Id never had done it)) and limiting thread usage from Task Manager from 8 to 4 (lowers FPS to 60). I post this so it may hopefully help someone else.

Show the picture of TERA using 13.1gb - 16gb of ram kek.

Like i said in the other thread your cpu will throttle @ 100 degrees. for a 7th gen intel your having other problems something is not correct with your "rig" thermal paste is old, bad cooler contact, bad airflow pc located in oven.

@captkirk91 said:

This guy gets it.

• @Ksandria said:
    Hello everyone,

I am having issues running the game after the update, meaning ( i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz 16GB RAM GeForce GTX 1050) I am running it at 14-16GB RAM and at 88-92 Degrees CPU

In the other thread you didnt say it was a HQ processor, bruh your on a laptop, get used to the crap temps, thats why actual gaming laptops have such robust cooling.

• AraseoAraseo ✭✭
    edited August 13
    I’m also playing on a budget gaming laptop with a i7 7700HQ and GTX 1050Ti.

Though I must say, Tera runs amazingly great now, even with the graphics set to max setting.

Here is a recording of my IMS Rift’s Edge trap-run gameplay with max settings. (Please don’t judge, I know I suck big mystic motes).

My laptop was running hot, peaking at 90C during this video. It’s a given since I’m playing on a budget laptop (one fan, one heatsink for CPU and GPU, one exhaust port).

So, I decided to undervolt my CPU by -123mV, and the temp went down by 14C. I have yet to undervolt my GPU, which I’ll do later today. I also have yet to replace the crap factory Colgate-like thermal paste, which I’ll do in a few days.

Can’t wait to see how much better Tera gameplay will be afterwards. 😁

Oh, uhh...As for the RAM usage issues, I remember it was using 10gigs. I’ll have to double check in the Task Manager later to confirm. I’m running 16 gigs @3000Mhz.

*Edit*

Undervolted and overclocked GPU. Lowered temp by another 3C. Checked Tera RAM usage and it was 5.9GB. 👍