[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

With Eme closing, will TERA be handed off to another company?

Comments

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

At least we will get to keep our cute elins a little longer <3

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

seem cute elin adventure will end in 2020 :'(

ah well was fun for 6 years, it is not like i didnt see this situation may happen in 2020 in my post in a thread about server merging in 2018

• edited August 18

@PP597W94LA said:
    well i'm talking a little bit serious, but it really looks like a joke.

not even a long time passed that they put the 64 bit and kafton is already ending the en masse ?.

If you have been waiting 2 or 3 months after the 64-bit patch, wait for more people to come back to the game to play the 64-bit version, I would even understand that happens.

more badly have 1 week with this patch and announce the closing of en masse? This is worrying....

Well, that's what I'm saying: it has nothing at all to do with this patch. The whole division's future wasn't riding on whether this one particular TERA PC patch was successful or not. This is a much larger strategic decision in Krafton about whether they want an independent publishing division in the U.S. these days. My personal feeling is that there isn't really as much of a need for this kind of company anymore; most small game developers who want to go international these days just self-publish.

(As a case in point, they just announced that Closers will be directly published by the developer Naddic going forward.)

• Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    edited August 18

Is any of this going to change how we pay for Elite subscription or EMP? Guess it won't be EMP anymore. But, like will Krafton take Paypal?

• @Concepcion30 said:
    Is any of this going to change how we pay for Elite subscription or EMP? Guess it won't be EMP anymore. But, like will Krafton take Paypal?

Beyond the fact I'm sure it won't be called EMP obviously, we don't know yet as we don't know for sure who will publish the game. If it's some existing third-party publisher, we'll probably use whatever payment processes they have. If BHS decides to self-publish, I guess we'll see what they offer. (Does anyone know what options you have in PUBG?)

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

I sure as hell hope they still support steam

• EME were always terrible with communication and always had poor management, I never forgave them for telling us all they had no plans to go F2P and then did it a week later. Many people working at EME were great but the management was always poor, they went through so many people and there was a constant stream of quitting and returning leadership.

Tera will continue just fine since BHS is a mega company and the game runs in many places, but we should be told what company is taking over publishing of NA servers, what will happen with our EME points etc

They will stay silent right till the end, as they always have.

• @vkobe said:
    seem cute elin adventure will end in 2020 :'(

ah well was fun for 6 years, it is not like i didnt see this situation may happen in 2020 in my post in a thread about server merging in 2018

as was stated above already - Rox said in Discord that it's not an end of TERA. I bet BHS will give publishing rights to other company or (what is more likely nowadays) will publish it themselves. I'm just praying the God they will have good server base cuz that ping spikes are... you know. When one person has good ping, his friend have over 200ms even when they are in same flat.

• @Runespider said:
    EME were always terrible with communication and always had poor management, I never forgave them for telling us all they had no plans to go F2P and then did it a week later. Many people working at EME were great but the management was always poor, they went through so many people and there was a constant stream of quitting and returning leadership.

Tera will continue just fine since BHS is a mega company and the game runs in many places, but we should be told what company is taking over publishing of NA servers, what will happen with our EME points etc

I agree, Tera had some good GM's back in the day that actually played and cared about the game. The turnover of people at EME was a joke and all the good ones were gone after a few years. The yearly live stream for charity was fun years ago but, the last few years it was a joke. When you have a game like Tera you need dedicated GM's that actually know and enjoy the game.

This may not be the end, but hopefully they clue us in before the end.

Now if I can only get my launcher to work after reinstalling the game on the new system.

• EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭

If BHS takes over NA then nothing will change, the region will continue going downhill and we can expect to be closed in less than one year.

• I hope is not Nexon will be the new publisher :/

• edited August 18

@Runespider said:

Not sure if your biting cynicism actually needs a reply, but to be clear: it will all be announced long before the transition date. They are working to finalize the details so they can announce it.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:

@Runespider said:

Not sure if your biting cynicism actually needs a reply, but to be clear: it will all be announced long before the transition date. They are working to finalize the details so they can announce it.

Why do they need to "finalize the details"? Can't they just cut and paste the Facebook anouncement?

• @SageWindu said:

@counterpoint said:

@Runespider said:

Why do they need to "finalize the details"? Can't they just cut and paste the Facebook anouncement?

If they do these things like our events then we will get the news the same day EME closes and TERA is in the hands of the new publisher.

This discussion has been closed.