[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

With Eme closing, will TERA be handed off to another company?

1235»

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21

@counterpoint said: The problem with your post is that you separate out your comments on a "human level" and then attack specific actions these same individual humans took that you're still mad about as if it's a long record of collective malfeasance. Why don't you think of each individual incident on a "human level" too and try to think of things from their point of view?

I think the fact that you can't differentiate between [valid criticism of the EME staff's job performance] versus [criticism of them as human beings], shows that you're taking this far too personally and probably need to take a step back. I've laid out my case with evidence that I painstakingly gathered because I don't like baseless accusations, not because I'm still grinding an axe. I've been enjoying 5.3 in Final Fantasy XIV and didn't have this game on my radar at all until someone told me that EME was going under. It's actually refreshing to play a game where the people in charge care about making their players happy. I would recommend it, even though the combat is a 180 compared to tera.

Fun side note: EME hasn't even responded to this thread, but you've written a novel once again defending things from their perspective. Take a break, Counterpoint.
    I won't be responding to you again.

• Ultimately it does not matter, different publisher is the same as a different store selling you cheerios.

Same product.

• @voidy said:
    I think the fact that you can't differentiate between [valid criticism of the EME staff's job performance] versus [criticism of them as human beings], shows that you're taking this far too personally and probably need to take a step back.

No, the fact that you call them liars and accuse them of gaslighting (etc.) is not "criticism of job performance." You can't make those kinds of accusations and say "it's not personal." There are tons of other ways you could state criticism related to those circumstances (focusing on the effect of the problem, etc.), but you don't. Without knowing the full story, and without offering them any benefit of the doubt, you accuse them of malice.

We've spent the last many years with people here doing this kind of thing, passing it off as "criticism," and then wondering why the staff don't bother showing up here to respond anymore. The issue is not that "I take things personally," it's that I really wish people would realize that the way they behave matters and has an impact on actual people on the other end. You're not being a critic, you're being an [filtered].

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elinu1 said:
    I'll play tera until I am the last person playing if I have to xD

ye last cute elin :3

• KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭

I was going to ask if it's worth coming back but this kind of seals it for me. I do not like Gameforge so I am hoping for another, decent, company to pick up Tera. But I also haven't liked what Bluehole, or whomever the makers of Tera are, have done to the game.

The gender/race locking BS is the most annoying aspect of Tera. Not to mention that the only male class we got was Brawler, which is my least favorite of the new classes as in those that came after the original launch classes.

Removing content is almost as annoying as gender/race locking classes to me. Dungeons and events are at the top. They should've put in some kind of level sync because I loved Nexus even though the server would get super lag. Nexus was the most fun I've had in Tera but that could also be because you knew the players on your server due to no server merges at that time. My original server was Blightwood but I quickly changed to Frostreach (?) due to finding out that a couple of my coworkers played on that server. Loved the community on Frostreach.

Streamlining is also annoying. Having those avatar weapons drop ruined even hunting dungeons for a decent weapon. I understand when a game gets old and population drops they turn to streamlining but I think companies need to come up with a better way to make an a zone flow other then streamlining. Add in a level sync, which I am not a fan of, and have higher level content in the old, low level zones so that low level players can have more opportunities to form a group or get some help. I miss all the stuff removed when streamlining was put in like actually needing to do dungeons for gear and not flying through all the zones so fast that all you need to do is story quest. Tired of the need to get to the end game as fast as possible dictating the flow of low level content in games.

Tera was once the best game I had ever played. It had the best combat, still does, fun content, challenging content, decent events, lovable server communities (looking at you Frostreach), classes that were available to all the races, and not a speed race to get to the end not to mention that players would help players and even run lowbies through dungeons (here's looking at you Pheonix guild).

Times change but it is unfortunate that games change even faster now-a-days. I miss the Tera of old. :(

• In all of the years I've lurked and posted on this forum, I've never seen a user banned for making posts that werent even laced with expletives, meanwhile someone who's apparently some sort of figurehead on this forum (not sure how but there's never any GMs/CMs anymore and they seem to be the only ones who ever speak up on their behalf) this person uses an expletive (albeit censored) and no course of action is taken?

The posts that person made were just their thoughts and the fact that this game is even at the point that if you post something they don't like they just flat out ban you is insane. It's literally insane. What country is this forum hosted in?? I feel like I'm in some sort of bizarro world. Your game isnt doing good. I'm sorry if that hurts anyones feelings, but it shouldnt push you to the point of banning them just to stop seeing words that make you feel some type of way. That behavior is disgusting. You want to succeed? Listen to people outside of your echo chamber. Come on. No idea what that even was but I'm beyond disappointed. And I dont even want to hear "oh its because they brought up another game" every single game forum people talk about other games and compare and contrast. I can't believe that would even be an issue-I'm literally like...aghast right now lmao. Just wow...I knew it was bad when the real figure heads retreated to a discord but I had no idea it was THIS bad..

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

Why the hell is voidy banned? I saw nothing that was bad enough to warrant a ban.

• Actually, I thought it over and realized that now that the game will be changing companies I suppose this forum won't be used anymore, will it? In theory it could, but it's possible that it wont (feel free to correct me, but try not to curse!) and if that's the case-if it ends up being a situation where again everyone is moved to a new forum then I guess it makes sense for this one to suddenly become a bit lawless lol (this is my speculation however and I'm not sure speculating is even allowed anymore right now!). If this were the case then I suppose there would be nothing to lose anymore. Still, unfortunate to have to see it fall that far. Hopefully whatever new company takes over will have more hands on and professional approach with how they talk to their customers.

• Shinku89Shinku89 ✭✭
    edited August 21

@Elinu1 said:
    Why the hell is voidy banned? I saw nothing that was bad enough to warrant a ban.

They are taking ideas from what's happening in the world right now; xDDD
    People with different thoughts, even if they have scientific proof, are slandered in public and being called as: conspiracy theorists/crazy talk/poisonous attitude that effects the population in a negative way (aka spreading the Virus == spreading the hate...)

sounds familiar? (;
    Democracy at its finest LOL

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭

@Elinu1 said:

Why do the police in some areas of the world force people to wear masks?

Jokes aside though, being banned in a place thats about to get closed down isn't all that impactful. Though if you want to see what real censorship looks like, come over to EU. That is of course another joke because if you want to keep playing Tera, than you'll have no choice. These trying times have quite a theme to them, wouldn't you say?

• AraseoAraseo ✭✭
    edited August 21
    > @Shinku89 said:
    > (Quote)
    > They are taking ideas from what's happening in the world right now; xDDD
    > People with different thoughts, even if they have scientific proof, are slandered in public and being called as: conspiracy theorists/crazy talk/poisonous attitude that effects the population in a negative way (aka spreading the Virus == spreading the hate...)
    >
    > sounds familiar? (;
    > Democracy at its finest LOL

I don’t get it. What does the difference in people’s thoughts, along with science, viruses, and politics have to do with a post and comments in a MMOPRG’s forum?
  • just look at the rules.
    if you say anything negative (no matter what it is) they may already have a ban.
    and so in 98% of mmorpg companies.
    the only place where you can say anything without being banned and on steam (they have to follow the rules of steam, I think).

• edited August 21

I laid out extremely clearly why they were banned. I'm even happy to explain it again. The forum rules forbid call-outs and personal attacks. When you hightlight a specific person's post and outright call them a liar (even and especially when there's no evidence that it's an actual lie), that is both a call-out and a personal attack. You are making a pointed accusation against a person; an "ad hominem" argument. The amount of "bad words" you use makes literally no difference in that process. Someone can use all nice-sounding words but still call people out and attack them personally.

It doesn't matter in the slightest that it's "their opinion." It's slander. That behavior is disgusting.

There's a long tradition on this forum where people seem to think it's okay to post whatever they want, laced with any amount of call-outs and personal attacks, so long as they think "it needs to be said." Like, "I don't care what rules I'm breaking or who could possibly be offended in the process, it's more important that the people in power hear the message anyway." But that's not how decorum works. That's not how rules of engagement in debates work. If you're going to have a discussion with opposing opinions, there are lines you don't cross, and one of those lines is: no personal attacks. Just because it's something that happened during someone's working hours doesn't make it "not personal."

It is 100% possible to re-state every single thing that was said, bring up all the same circumstances and examples, deliver the same point/message, and avoid the call-outs and personal attacks. So why don't people do that? Because "roasting people" for perceived flaws is a lot more provocative and it riles people up. Rather than talking about the situation and the consequences, you point to the person and say they were "lying!" even if there's no proof at all that they were lying. And some people are like "hah, yeah, serves them right -- they deserve to be called on their lies; maybe then they'll smarten up!" Even if you don't even actually know it was a lie. This is poisoning the well. Now the person you've attacked has to be put on the defensive and contest the wrongful accusation, in addition to addressing the issue itself.

Anyway, I realize a lot of you won't care about this explanation. You may think that any opinion should be allowed, regardless of who gets "called out" in the process, as long as it "needs to be said." But that isn't how the forum rules work or general decorum/etiquette in debates work (which forum rules everywhere are based on). Normally, the forum moderation policy would state that I delete the post (or at least edit/remove the offending parts of the post), since call-outs and personal attacks are against the rules. But since we're nearing the end anyway, and since the post itself was making accusations about "shadow banning" and the like, I'm doing it all in the open this time.

People often like to falsely accuse that people on this forum get banned for "their opinion" but slander is not "an opinion." The "facts" posted do not actually support the accusations that go along with them (and even if they did, this isn't a place for public crucifixions). Almost all the people who have gotten banned from the forum over the years and claim it's for "their opinion" it's actually for something like this: personal attacks, slander, call-outs, and ad hominem arguments. If you look at the very top of the forum rules page, that is literally the number one cardinal rule of the forum:

All opinions are welcome, including criticism and disagreement, but all posts must be stated in a constructive manner. This means, among other things, no personal attacks, no flaming/baiting others, and no call-outs. If you have a complaint or criticism, provide constructive suggestions on how the problem might be addressed. Don't attack the developers, the staff, or other forum posters. Threads and posts that do not meet these requirements may be edited or removed, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of the moderation staff. This forum is meant for active TERA players who are interested in supporting and improving the game and its community.

If you don't see the difference between what's discussed in this rule, you may well have found (or will find) yourself banned. And it's not for your opinion.

When there is news about the new company taking over TERA PC, someone will/can create a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.