[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Fond memories - the thank you EME thread.

Due to recent threads of this sort being closed down over nonsense, I have edited this whole thing to make its intention more clear. I would like you to please use this remaining thread as a platform to share your own positive experiences in TERA, and possibly thank EME if you choose too. That is the intention of this thread, and as far as I know it does not violate the terms of service

A request from the people:

I am aware that EME have messed up ALOT over the years. I agree with you on that and I too feel like they should be held accountable and criticized over a great deal of subjects. However - I also happen to think that personal attacks on staff members or EME themselves, are uncalled for. Doing that accomplished nothing. If you have something negative to say thats fine. I encourage people to express themselves, and I welcome a healthy and productive debate. But if you want to get into that sorta thing - please do so respectfully, and present your case and body of evidence calmly, intelligently, and according to the sites TOS. In other words: be smart about what you want to say. You will not really get heard otherwise, and dont count on the community to actually support you. Besides. While its true that this is not the end of Tera, dont be so sure that the grass will be greener on the other side. EME did great for several years before it changed into what it is now. On the first month I left for EU I could tell that GF are NOT as lenient (or fair) towards their players. So if you think this place is bad, then you dont know what bad is. Just my opinion.

[mod edit: Removed moderation-related callout.]

P.S: This might be obvious, but this thread is open for everyone to share, including staff members.

Comments

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

I see the white crap over your text too xD

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited August 19

@Elinu1 said:

Oh I think I remember you xD Im glad its not just me. I hope someone fixes it for me and spares me the technical information. Though If not that`s fine too. This might as well remain as is.

• Thank you for the DMCA fiasco

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo I remember you and tbf as someone that also left to eu a while ago I can say NA's community was far more friendly and fun as well. I think it's mostly the language barrier, but there's also the fact that I used to play on CH which was a really comfy and casual server I miss a ton.

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

A farewell is the least we can give to EME.

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElinUsagi said:

ur back!
    Yes we should all have a farewell party!

• KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭

I'd like to say thank you to EME also. You brought me my all-time favorite game back in 2012 and for that I will always be grateful.

I'd would also like to thank the Frostreach server community, back before mergers, for how great you were. Best server community ever.

And last but not least, anyone that I use to run Nexus with. Those were the best of times. I miss Nexus. :(

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭

@Intransigent said:
    Thank you for the DMCA fiasco

I left NA during said fiasco. However if your going down the sarcastic route, you could thank them even more about that cringey animated video they did a while back. That promotion video with Lady Tanly, played by whatshername.

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭

@CornishRex said:
    Yo I remember you and tbf as someone that also left to eu a while ago I can say NA's community was far more friendly and fun as well. I think it's mostly the language barrier, but there's also the fact that I used to play on CH which was a really comfy and casual server I miss a ton.

I remember you too! theres a whole bunch of people I see that are still here in the NA forums. Though the language barrier isn't very apparent if your playing on Mystel. If you went over to the new Shakan server though, now thats where things start taking a turn. Its like walking into little Moscow. Funny thing though. Over here at NA I remember there was a stigma where the BRs were thought of as being the comic relief (generally speaking). Over at EU though it was the French, until the Russians got assimilated. I recently logged into NA just to check the population, of the now combined servers. I dont know the actual numbers, but it basically like a mini-version of Mystel.

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭

@MargaretRose said:

@ElinUsagi said:

ur back!
    Yes we should all have a farewell party!

Not sure if you were talking to me or him. But I remember both of you. A farewell party would be nice. Though with what I can see, the forum underwent some changes in the people who run the joint. There would be too many restrictions, "fun" does not seem like on this forums agenda anymore.

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭

@Killstyle said:
    I'd like to say thank you to EME also. You brought me my all-time favorite game back in 2012 and for that I will always be grateful.

I'd would also like to thank the Frostreach server community, back before mergers, for how great you were. Best server community ever.

And last but not least, anyone that I use to run Nexus with. Those were the best of times. I miss Nexus. :(

Dont forget about Alliance! :-D

• GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭

The only EME worker that deserves a farewell is spacecats, since he leaves, game going down and below in free fall.
    Legendary Mongo event never forget

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited August 22

EME was the prime example of a what a publisher should be. How did things go so wrong in 2016? Even after all these up and downs, I don't regret switching from EU to NA. I'm not going to drag its topic more than it should, but I'm grateful for EME for all that the good they did do. I can only hope these employees manage to find work once the company's fully closed.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elinu1 said:

farewell angel :3

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

@vkobe said:

@Elinu1 said:

farewell angel :3

I'm not leaving until the servers shut down for good