[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

A Few questions regarding a new Publisher

I've been playing Tera for a while now and I have acquired a lot of Account Bound mounts and pet's over time. Will these items move with us when the transfer happens or will it just be lost. I know some publishers do not have account bound items so I am worried I am going to lose my mounts for future characters I may make along with my account bound totes.

I'm not sure if there's any info about this yet as it stands but I am curious.

Comments

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited September 3

I'm also concerned about the Founder status of my account, considering I got the Collector's Edition all the way back in 2015. I really don't want to lose the account-wide items that came with it, or any of the costumes, mounts and unlocks that I got over the years for other characters. Some clarification over these matters would really be welcome.

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭

@counterpoint I don't suppose you know anything (or have any sort of prediction) as to what will be done about this? I guess we would have to look at how the SEA and RUS versions were handled, but I don't think they dealt with anything like Founders and special account-wide codes, right?

• We don't know yet. I sent a list of questions that included this, but the answers are going to be up to the new publisher to decide, and the remaining EME staff don't know.

One thing about this in particular is, as was said, no other regions used account-bound stuff like ours did, so it is definitely a risk. Doesn't mean they can't/won't bring it over... but it's a concern.

Since I'm in the same situation with a lot of account-bound stuff, one thing I thought about is to "pre-claim" a bunch of these items and put it in bank/pet storage/etc... but obviously that's not really scalable and it takes up space.

I also asked about regular item claim as well, of course. Although I definitely assume you'll keep all your inventory and bank, it may be that you have to empty item claim.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint said:
    We don't know yet. I sent a list of questions that included this, but the answers are going to be up to the new publisher to decide, and the remaining EME staff don't know.

One thing about this in particular is, as was said, no other regions used account-bound stuff like ours did, so it is definitely a risk. Doesn't mean they can't/won't bring it over... but it's a concern.

Since I'm in the same situation with a lot of account-bound stuff, one thing I thought about is to "pre-claim" a bunch of these items and put it in bank/pet storage/etc... but obviously that's not really scalable and it takes up space.

I also asked about regular item claim as well, of course. Although I definitely assume you'll keep all your inventory and bank, it may be that you have to empty item claim.

One thing I do know about when RU transferred over was they did get to keep their founder status and items that had been claimed. Nothing was really changed as they migrated over. You have a point I should pre-claim a bunch of them for a bank tab just in case. I hadn't really thought of that but it's a good idea specially with my wolves that I hoarded lol.

Regardless of what happens I have like 20 characters that I've claimed mounts on I certainly got my money's worth out of them over the years.

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭

I should claim a bunch of the 1% wolf mounts since everyone that has been around since 2014 will remember that.

• And will a new publisher mean a new launcher? So those of us who have to sit through hours long download every new patch may get some relief?

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    is there a new publisher looking at picking up tera na , or are we still hoping some one will
  • Can't wait to see people malding at their lost cosmetics. Looking at you particularly @Maulclaw
    ;)

• Yea thats what usually happens when online games shut down.u lose all the things u bought,theres nothing you can do about it,u agree to it when u sign the user agreement.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

@Intransigent said:
    Yea thats what usually happens when online games shut down.u lose all the things u bought,theres nothing you can do about it,u agree to it when u sign the user agreement.

if true they can just shut down our tera

• TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭✭

I only have an account bound mount that I won from a Twitch Stream... I don't mind losing it but it would be very good if they transfer with us.

• MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

@Intransigent said:
    Yea thats what usually happens when online games shut down.u lose all the things u bought,theres nothing you can do about it,u agree to it when u sign the user agreement.

True, when a game shut's down. That's not what is happening here, it's not shutting down it's going to a new Publisher much like Tera SEA and Tera RU. Those people got to keep their items during the transfer process, I know because I also play on Gameforge that now runs Tera Sea and Tera RU and was getting regular emails about the process.

If I lose the items fine, hopefully the one's i claimed will remain on my characters as well as my founder status. If not, it's whatever but it'd be nice to know what's going on. Hopefully the FAQ they plan to put out will give more detail into it.

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited September 10

@AlbedoBloodfallen said:
    Can't wait to see people malding at their lost cosmetics. Looking at you particularly @Maulclaw

gets banned for being an [filtered]

Good riddance. =)

Can't say I was expecting to have haters on these parts, but go me I guess?

• i try not to remember the wolf mounts lol, i had so many i was giving them away to new players for months. Someone would pop up after creating a character and id offer them a free wolf mount lol. bet that freaked out a few but meh i didn't just want to discard them and they were not worth anything on ah