We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Just Spend 12 hours downloading game..................

Just spent 12 hours downloading this game and now it's patching....... is this some kind of a joke? when will i actually get to play the damn game?

Comments

• Get better internet lmao. Blame your Internet or location from where your trying to play. The game is not at fault.
  • why is it patching was my point....... shouldnt the patches have been included in the full game download like every other game?
  • #FirstWorldProblems
  • lol considering ive been downloading other stuff and streaming my internet is fine, no firstworldproblems here.

my problem is why the patches arent included in the full download
  • never mind all done
  • OriginlinearOriginlinear ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Well, I am not sure if they update the main downloads as they continue to patch, perhaps they only do it when they make more major updates, not sure. However, Tuesdays and Thursday are patch days, so even if they do update the main downloads, you happen to have downloaded and installed on a patch day, so yeah...
  • aaah lol thanks, thats probably why then :P I have a habit of trying new games out at inappropriate times, usually during maintenance lol
  • ArinovaArinova ✭✭✭
    Have fun playing the game then. <3
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to tera mate. hope you enjoy the graphics and go check out the PvE and player guide subforums if you have any questions about certain classes and what not.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Patches won't be until BHS updates the original game file because patches are just that, patches. They aren't part of the original downloaded game, thus, the have to be downloaded later until a version of the game is created that contains the patch.
  • TuksTuks ✭✭
    wellcome to Tera World Babyrage
  • WWPYC5K9RX wrote: »
    lol considering ive been downloading other stuff and streaming my internet is fine, no firstworldproblems here.

my problem is why the patches arent included in the full download

I can answer that question:

We usually have two types of patches: 1) developer patches delivered by Bluehole and 2) publisher patches released by EME. We usually only update the full install build when we release a new developer patch since updating the full build can take 4 - 6 hours and can cause longer maintenance times when they are released. Our latest build, 39.07.07.EN4, included the 39.07.07 version released by Bluehole and our EN4 modifications to enable some events and fix some localization problems. That is why it had to download a separate patch after the initial download.
  • Gotta love Comcast.

• thanks guys, been playing since last night, really enjoying it so far, can see myself paying for elite soon :P