[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

In Your Opinion, which new class (reaper, brawler, gunner, and ninja) is most OP?

My answer...reaper. I had a friend once tell me "Reapers, if they can get off stuns, are bane of ninjas."

Comments

• VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    My answer...reaper. I had a friend once tell me "Reapers, if they can get off stuns, are bane of ninjas."

but reapers can easily be killed by ninjas if we can stagger and stun them after that. even if ninja stun is dsycing garbage :angry:
  • This is PvE discussion, so Ninja > Brawler > Gunner > Reaper is correct, but since 2/3 posts seem to be about PvP I'll say

PvP it goes Brawler > Gunner > Reaper > Ninja.
  • For me, most OP is Gunner, not because damage or something like, it is about "concept" of the class:
    - you have a Ranged DPS who wear same armor than tanks.
    - You have a pocket healer.
    - 90% of your skill are AoE.
    It's feel you have a DPS/TANK/HEALER in one char.
    I dont know about other class, but i can fight 2 or 3 BAMs Tier 2 at same time.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    brawler, they make the biggest change in tera, when the class was released, they killed warrior and berserker tank, better dps than dps and all lancers complaint than nobody want them, in pvp they burned cs and in pve they were in god mode, so the class was monsters in pve and pvp while this winter
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Hastrer wrote: »
    For me, most OP is Gunner, not because damage or something like, it is about "concept" of the class:
    - you have a Ranged DPS who wear same armor than tanks.
    - You have a pocket healer.
    - 90% of your skill are AoE.
    It's feel you have a DPS/TANK/HEALER in one char.
    I dont know about other class, but i can fight 2 or 3 BAMs Tier 2 at same time.

i wouldn't even count the bot as a pocket healer, because it's heal is very tiny to be honest. i mean yeah it's sustainable but it will not save you from a damage over time or anything. though everything else is more or less right. (minus the healer bot. again, the heal is crud. brawler self heal/lancer self heal/zerk's vampiric blow heal more than the robot)
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently Ninja is OP in both damage and i-frames. Brawler is still ez mode for pretty much everything. Gunner holds up there despite slow move speed and slightly clunky shooting, and reapers will still be a survivalist's dream. Top right now? Dunno, since everyone has a different experience. I'd still say though, that giving the most performance to the lowest floor and ceiling classes was a bad idea from the very start. I'm perfectly fine with ez mode classes, but when they perform better than harder to use classes, I think there's key design a problem somewhere.

But that's just like, my opinion man. :3
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    brawler, they make the biggest change in tera, when the class was released, they killed warrior and berserker tank, better dps than dps and all lancers complaint than nobody want them, in pvp they burned cs and in pve they were in god mode, so the class was monsters in pve and pvp while this winter

Lancer is what disallowed Warrior and Berserker tank from being much of a thing. Out of all the tanks Berserker offers the least, and very select few people ever did it. Not even when it was "new" did anyone really try it. Warrior was also for a long time sub par compared to Lancer, 99% of the time a group used Lancer over the other two options. Even now, Brawler has failed to even completely dominate Lancer the same way Lancer did to the other tanks and will never be able to between all the nerfs to Brawler and the buffs to Lancer. By the way, it's already possible to do high amounts of damage as a Lancer in addition to providing better team wide damage.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    before brawler released i see so many warrior tank before fate of arun and later we got berserker tank, because lack of tank

i remember than in my group we got 20% of time a berserker tank and 30% warrior tank while the gunner patch

since brawler released i dont see anymore warrior or berserker tank and look in the old forum at winter time, so many lancer complaint than nobody want them, because brawler and they are experienced lancer

now it is better because brawler nerf and lancer buff, but even now i feel than people prefer brawler over lancer, because you dont need to be perfect to be fine with your brawler, the lancer is harder so if the player is inexperienced with his lancer you feel than your group will suffer hardly
  • Lol? There was much more tank warriors than lancers before brawler. Even Zerk was good, SCHM highest score was done with a tank zerk.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berserker had only ever been good and played whether as a dps or tank by a very select few people. It hasn't been a popular class for a very long time now. As for Warrior tank, it's been a common complaint for an extremely long time that it is very unsatisfying to people and the class has been predominantly played as a dps for a while. Warrior tank has received several buffs over a long duration, and it is still unpopular. I believe you're mistaking what the select few do for what the average player does. The average (majority) is what I am talking about and the average tank hasn't been a Warrior or Berserker in any recent time even before the release of Brawler. Their lack of existence has nothing at all to do with Brawler and all to do with how unsatisfying they feel for the average person, which is why once again Warrior tank is being buffed and will eventually be reworked. Unsure if they'll ever do anything for Berserker tank, as that seems to never have been discussed from anything I've read. Satisfaction probably has more to do with ease of use, as Warrior and Berserker are harder to tank with than Lancer and Brawler. Based on satisfaction and ease of use it shouldn't have been a surprise that Lancer was far more popular and now Brawler as well. These satisfaction issues have existed before Brawler was even released.

Lancer is also easier to tank with than Brawler due to not being reliant on damage to hold aggro, Lancer could basically semi afk and hold aggro, all they have to do is focus on blocking/iframing. However, any Brawler that doesn't do damage will not hold any aggro at all. There were a million complaints of all the bad Brawlers and it's simply because they don't have as high aggro generation as Lancer. An okay Brawler is worse than an okay Lancer. Any competent dps will take aggro from any Brawler that can't dps. It's actually why for the Growing Fury nerf they'll be receiving aggro generation as compensation to not have their aggro generation fall too far down. This difference also means Lancer's aren't as gear dependent from an aggro standpoint, so Brawlers will always have to have enough stats to compete with the dps or they'll fail at doing their job. One other thing is Brawler brings nearly nothing but damage where as Lancer currently, and will soon, provide a fair amount of damage to the group. So, an 'okay' Lancer will basically have a smoother and faster run than an 'okay' Brawler. There are several other factors that make Lancer better than Brawler for the average such as ping, overall average dps of an average group being too low to skip mechanics/phases which results in Brawler being unable to keep Growing Fury up the entire time, this means dps loss, not just in the stats but also most likely much lower perfect blocks and forced to play defensively like Lancer which is another overall dps decrease. A Lancer doesn't really have to worry about any of this, because again, there's 0 pressure for them to do damage on their own other than to either make themselves feel better or to speed up the run; although regardless they'll do their job just fine assuming they have the basics of general tanking.

Again, I'm speaking from an average (majority) standpoint, and not what min/maxers (minority) do or are capable of. The two groups don't usually have the same effective compositions when it comes to roles. A good example would be the whole Priest vs Mystic up until the recent changes. Average players performed better with a Priest and min/maxers preferred Mystic. In the eyes of the average, Mystic was a "bad" healer and would be overlooked often for solo healing. Even after the changes with Mystic being preferred by both groups they're still play entirely different.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry but i feel better with average brawler than with average lancer, a average lancer is unable to keep the aggro

a average brawler can at least dps the boss if he fail to keep the aggro

and i talk about current situation

in december it was impossible to steal the aggro from brawler, i tried with my brawler against a lancer and unfortunally the monsters ran after me instead the lancer :confounded:

before brawler release, it was not hard to find berserker or warrior tank and from what i saw they were very good to keep the aggro, because lack of lancers, they were very popular

when brawler came, it was the end of warrior and berserker tank and lancer nearly dissapear
  • ChrisehChriseh ✭✭✭
    Ninja > Brawler > Gunner/Reaper. Going by what I've experienced from playing with those classes.
  • dinnersdinners ✭✭✭
    Brawler> Ninja > Gunner > Reaper.

Ktera's Ninja is super OP because of talent system. Their Ninja can use Buring heart much faster. N/A ninja is somewhat boring without talent system.

Normally, with same skill and same gear lvl, there isn't a class can clear high tier IOD bam faster and so much easier than Brawler.

There isn't a tank class that can even match with Brawler in PVE.
  • First of all I'd like to sayi do fairly well in PvP scene. Generally about 15-40 kills per BG.

With that experience my order would have tobe

Gunner > reaper > brawler > ninja.

You can probably switch reaper and gunner around but I'd be willing to bet a gunner is more well rounded.

Gunner has such a ridiculous kit. Tank mobility heals insane bursts and some legit cc
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    you right now, but at brawler released time, even without growing fury the brawler was monster, it is after 3 nerfs than brawler need to keep growing fury at 90%