Meet the Team: Singlebear, QA Lead

124»

Comments

• UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Well I'm gonna save you a bit from the technical questions. Did you aspire to be where you are or did you see yourself going in a different direction and if so where would you have ended up?
  • SingleBear wrote: »
    I see you mentioned 37 and 42, But what those that means ? the Build Version ?

Yes. So we are currently live with 39.07.07.EN4. 39.07.07 is the game version and EN4 is the localization version. The dev is responsible for versioning the game and EME versions the localization since we are in full control of that file. You can find your client version by looking at the end of the copyright line at the bottom of the server select screen.

That answers my question, thanks SingleBear o/
  • Ultemecia wrote: »
    Well I'm gonna save you a bit from the technical questions. Did you aspire to be where you are or did you see yourself going in a different direction and if so where would you have ended up?

I went in all directions.

I grew up in a family owned construction business in Midland Texas. I never once wanted to make that my life. The work was mind numbering and the weather was way too hot.

I got a BA in English at UTA, but that was less about career goals and more about loving what a great author can do with their characters. I am still amazed by great story telling, but never found that talent in myself.

Spent some time managing a restaurant in Austin Texas after college. Mostly there just to keep the partying going with my friends. But it was in Austin that I first considered a career in this industry. A buddy that worked at NCSoft set me up with an interview. I blew it. Worst interview of my life.

At some point after that I thought Psychology sounded fun so I went back to college. I ended up studying at UNT and working on two amazing research teams; Family Attachment using Mary Ainsworth's Strange Situation and a team that was looking for ways of applying Feffer's Decentering.

And then my buddy came calling again. This time it was the opportunity here at EME. I was having so much fun at UNT, but I was still sacrificing study/research time to raid in WoW. At the time the choice was easy.

So as you can see my aspirations are really just to chase what seems the most fun at the time.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    SingleBear wrote: »
    Ultemecia wrote: »

I went in all directions.

I grew up in a family owned construction business in Midland Texas. I never once wanted to make that my life. The work was mind numbering and the weather was way too hot.

I got a BA in English at UTA, but that was less about career goals and more about loving what a great author can do with their characters. I am still amazed by great story telling, but never found that talent in myself.

Spent some time managing a restaurant in Austin Texas after college. Mostly there just to keep the partying going with my friends. But it was in Austin that I first considered a career in this industry. A buddy that worked at NCSoft set me up with an interview. I blew it. Worst interview of my life.

At some point after that I thought Psychology sounded fun so I went back to college. I ended up studying at UNT and working on two amazing research teams; Family Attachment using Mary Ainsworth's Strange Situation and a team that was looking for ways of applying Feffer's Decentering.

And then my buddy came calling again. This time it was the opportunity here at EME. I was having so much fun at UNT, but I was still sacrificing study/research time to raid in WoW. At the time the choice was easy.

So as you can see my aspirations are really just to chase what seems the most fun at the time.

I 100% get that. Pretty much where I'm at. As far as great story telling. Check out Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles. Some of the most vivid engaging story telling I've read in a long time.
  • Hi manager, i played TERA 3 years ,in ktera, jtera,and NA, and Now im a pvp player ,and i found there is so few ppl pvp in NA ,
    NOW my question is :
    1.Why cant queue more Battlegronds at one time? Just like PVE instances? I got known that Ktera already fixed it ,how soon can we NA server fix this?
    2.Bring Gridiron back,its more balance than FWC due to it can only solo queued ,and other nation servers Gridiron is still popular , why only in NA that no one queue it ? the way to encourage ppl queue it is easy as well ,just make some rewards important but only to Gridiron winners,or more credits. In one word, to make pvp back is absolutely not that hard, I wonder if enmasse candidates all love PVE coz u did so much on pve which makes soo many pvpers left.However,the most attractive and competetive thing of tera is un-locked combat, and the key of un-locked combat is PVP! I never want the old time back that a full tensus soo useless , only duel in VO .
    The last important thing is: I hope u can read this ,and fast update PVP queue and contents in next patches,ty my love , T-E-R-A !
  • Sorry I ask so many questions, but this is a very recent one with the "stream buffs"
    There was mention of a buff we can unlock for two hours if 2.5k viewers tune into the twitch stream may 14th. I understand this is really cool on paper, but it has potential to break a lot of things.

Here is the question, sorry. Will this buff affect cursade? The two hours of buff time with %80 cdr and crazy mana regen would make users get crazy good scores in crusade dungeons.
    I was wonder if it will affect the crusade? Does the dev team have something in place to disable crusade scoring for those two hours?
    Thanks tons!
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    Sorry I ask so many questions, but this is a very recent one with the "stream buffs"
    There was mention of a buff we can unlock for two hours if 2.5k viewers tune into the twitch stream may 14th. I understand this is really cool on paper, but it has potential to break a lot of things.

Here is the question, sorry. Will this buff affect cursade? The two hours of buff time with %80 cdr and crazy mana regen would make users get crazy good scores in crusade dungeons.
    I was wonder if it will affect the crusade? Does the dev team have something in place to disable crusade scoring for those two hours?
    Thanks tons!

We probably won't even get it. We still haven't hit 2k viewers.

• UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Sorry I ask so many questions, but this is a very recent one with the "stream buffs"

Thanks tons!

We've had it before. What will happen is that it will affect scores, but the game is still skill based. So while the scores will be higher the skill level stays the same so everyone will have a proportionally higher score. The biggest issue would be after the event is over. People will have scores that are normally unattainable. So I'd imagine they'd just disable scoring during that time.
124»