Flagging

I think this is the right place to post this? Sorry if it's not.

I have noticed that ever since the removal of the down vote, people have been abusing the use of the flag option.

When I see a comment that is flagged, I don't often see what is wrong with the post other than having a different opinion or saying something that someone doesn't agree with.

I don't see why people do that? I completely understand if someone is being offensive or there is a real reason behind flagging, of course.

Flag doesn't equal down vote.

Is anyone else noticing this, or am I crazy?

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted a similar note in the suggestions forum, believing that the staff looks at that section for suggestions and ideas. :)
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I shot Spacecats a PM about this yesterday. He told me they've also noticed people abusing it as a downvote, and if that happens action will be taken against them.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geletron just posted on my thread at the suggestion section so they are aware and will work on the issue.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Nopi wrote: »
    Just posted a similar note in the suggestions forum, believing that the staff looks at that section for suggestions and ideas. :)

you mean my topic i assume

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/427/the-flagging-system-on-the-forums#latest

i put it there because, just based on the behavior of the mods before, it would have been moved there anyway.

edit: oops misread what you said lol. seems we had a similar idea tho
  • I merged the two suggestion topics. For now we are going to hide the count next to the flag link. We still want people to report posts that are abusive, off topic, or spam. The players that abuse the flagging system will incur the wrath of @Spacecats.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goody. Thank you.
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    Geletron wrote: »
    I merged the two suggestion topics. For now we are going to hide the count next to the flag link. We still want people to report posts that are abusive, off topic, or spam. The players that abuse the flagging system will incur the wrath of @Spacecats.

Thank you so much, this will help a ton ^^
  • PascallePascalle ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    What the hell is wrong with the people who play this game? Or is this just what comes with F2P? A bunch of angsty, edgy 14 year old boys?
  • ChitoseChitose ✭✭
    So people are flag spamming everybody now since their only means to discredit people got taken away. That's pretty dang funny you guys. Build the salt up until everything's driven into the ground or I won't be satisfied otherwise.