Is this how Tera duels work?

I invited a friend to Tera who had liked to PvP in WoW. He eventually came to like Tera's battle system and he is now full +12 Dreadnought Gunner. He's been playing for 11 days and still proudly wears his "recruit-a-friend" buff.

He looked for advice for crystals and found someone willing to give the advice. They entered into a friendly duel, full conlfate +12 Sorc vs him. My friend had beaten him twice, but the Sorc said "I have no respect for you, all you did was run away," since my friend kited and LoSed him while waiting for CDs. The sorc logged onto his +15 SF PvP rolled Brawler and beat my friend.

Are you not supposed to LoS (Don't know if Tera's terminology is different) in duels and just let them spam everything?

Comments

• Do you mean kite around the bot? Its annoying but if its what he wants to do then its fine. Pretty funny because sorc is one of gunner's harder matchups but he lost in conflate to dn, which is a pretty big difference in gear. At that point, it probably has nothing to do with playstyle, but just skill.
  • I think its ok. Most melee classes can stick to you really well, so the kiting its something to use. Same if you are fighting a sorc. Funny thing is that sorc is one of the best at kiting haha. Anyway, this sorc could have done so much, once i dueled a sorc that made a strategy. He would drain all my mana, and when i used mana buffs, he would drain again. So i lost, cause i get close, and if i did, i would get a full combo in my head.

I think the only thing that is stupid in duels is the self heal from brawler and lancer. Brawler is almost unbeatable, and when you manage to be almost winning, she self heals. I think its unfair. And once i fought a lancer that was no match for me, but the duel ended in a draw, because he had a lot of deffense, and used self heal a lot in battle. Self heal is lame, if you do that in duels, you are stupid. Just as stupid as people that run to the cleric and heal -.-
  • Hello1738 wrote: »
    Do you mean kite around the bot? Its annoying but if its what he wants to do then its fine. Pretty funny because sorc is one of gunner's harder matchups but he lost in conflate to dn, which is a pretty big difference in gear. At that point, it probably has nothing to do with playstyle, but just skill.

Basically he'd hide around things so the Sorc couldn't cast on him, apparently the Sorc was trying to CC and mana volley, but Gunner ran around some stuff (duel was in Velika) so he couldn't cast. I just never seen someone get so tilted from losing to the point they bring out something that geared to make themselves feel better.
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to butt in, but what's LoS?
  • Ghost915 wrote: »
    Sorry to [filtered] in, but what's LoS?

Line of sight, usually refers to people running behind something (pillar, wall, building, ect.) so you can't cast on them
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    Ghost915 wrote: »
    Sorry to [filtered] in, but what's LoS?

Line of sight, usually refers to people running behind something (pillar, wall, building, ect.) so you can't cast on them

Well maybe the sorc should have made the "rules" clear before dueling? I don't think most people would mind but it seems pretty annoying. Usually in duels, I *think* the goal is to try and play fair. Now if it was outin the open and your friend was fighting for his life, I'd say yeah, play as dirty as you can in order to survive.

I guess it's just common courtesy, but the sorc should have just played equally and hid behind objects as well (though all that running kind of defeats the purpose of the duel :P)

I dunno. I try to keep things fair in duels. I notice a lot of people go as far as to avoid using their self-heal skills as well ^-^
  • Dueling rules, such as what skills are considered bad mannered or what buffs can be used, usually depend on the server you are on. But typically dueling inside velika is seen as a joke. Usually a duel is just in an open spot where you have to rely on your skill and not the terrain.

But the fact that he got mad at an obviously newer player for winning a duel in velika just shows he over reacted imo.
  • Nah, the sorcerer is making up excuses cause he lost. He had to log into 15 SF brawler to make himself feel better. Broken class with +15 gears, yea... he sounds really pro. I bet he even popped scrolls and noct.
  • LoS is a pretty big deal in 3v3, it's very important since easier classes like Warrior or Sorcerer will have little to no issue killing a healer when not peeled for. Not to mention both healers have lock on sleeps lasting over 10 seconds, and Mystics have an atrocious iframe (only one) so unless thrall of life is out to cleanse, LoS really is the only way to deal with sleep unless you're timing is absolutely perfect.

I can't see why any skilled player would have a problem with it and if anyone is gonna complain about it, it'll definitely be easier classes like Warrior and Sorcerer, who rely on landing easy abilities. So pay no attention to their [filtered].
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    I dont see any problem, because is that how gunner 1x1, so theres nothing to do. Sorcs can Time Gyre, Silence and even spam flaming barrage since they are RANGED too.

The only playstyle i legit dislike is the "Backstab Hero", also jumpers and players that use bm skills.
  • Hmm, i can only say , sorc is " hot head" he thinks he is all mighty because he has Conflate :p and noone can beat him :P LoS is really nice strategy :D
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    LoS=Line of Site and is very excepted to use in PvP.
  • While the LoS thing might be annoying, it is not wrong to do. Same way asshats jumping all over during pvp is annoying but totally fair/within the rules of PvP. Some people are mad if someone uses a potion also. I guess if you want there to be certain rules, discuss them before the duel.. Otherwise, use anything you can to gain the advantage to win :D
  • AroousedArooused ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Generally its bm to stay too far out of range of their abilities. If someone runs further than say, 22m away from me...i just /uncle and go back to whatever i was doing. Not worth chasing people for a duel.
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    Running around buildings does really really mess with sorc. But it's their fault for accepting duel in velika.