There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Regarding DS3 and Solo Dungeon drops

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrale wrote: »
    100% drop rate on designs so and no MWA means there is 0 money to be made from DS3 clears let alone mats to farm it because if you spend all the time in uppers theres no VGs to even buy MWA boxes. Sometimes these decisions are so odd..

zero money........ Ever thought of selling the design and splitting? Even if the price drops from currently 700k to 30k, theres still money in it.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    100% drop rate on designs so and no MWA means there is 0 money to be made from DS3 clears let alone mats to farm it because if you spend all the time in uppers theres no VGs to even buy MWA boxes. Sometimes these decisions are so odd..

zero money........ Ever thought of selling the design and splitting? Even if the price drops from currently 700k to 30k, theres still money in it.

who's gonna run DS3 for a 30k split
  • Zoknahal wrote: »

Not really that worth
  • lol at the people crying about "ruining the economy" aka "i want to sell designs that people actually need for gear (for a ridiculous amount of gold) and i'm sad because i won't be able to make any gold off of it."

this economy needs a good "ruining" if that's the case.
  • NTD5M7JWP6 wrote: »
    lol at the people crying about "ruining the economy" aka "i want to sell designs that people actually need for gear (for a ridiculous amount of gold) and i'm sad because i won't be able to make any gold off of it."

this economy needs a good "ruining" if that's the case.

You have to be able to make gold off of it. Why else would you run lowers or pay for a ticket to run uppers. Uppers has to be incredibly profitable for there to be any incentive to run it
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hey, I appreciate the prompt response. Thanks for communicating with us on this. One question: Will the lower floors drop starfall materials in the same way that DS2 dropped lucid mats last time, or are those being axed entirely?
  • ToiToi ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Please consider adding some amount of masterwork alkahest to floor 22. Echoing what others have already said, the designs will be dirt cheap after the first week, there needs to be a reason to continually run this content in the long term.

As for the price of the titan's ember and tier 2 etchings, I think the tier 2 etchings are priced perfectly, but the titan's embers being at 1/8th of a tier 2 etching makes little to no sense. Why must we limit the amount of titan's embers in the economy? (Pure titan's embers are at a ridiculous 14k on MT at the moment and you need 2 per attempt at a etch III)
    You need to first crit the ember, then you still have to crit the etch III itself. The supply of titan's eases are fine, why are embers still severely limited to 1 per day from the fraywind box? You can increase the supply of embers by lowering the cost of the embers from 1k to something reasonable and still have the etching IIIs be at a prohibitive price as shown by the current prices of armor/boot etchings.
  • FentasticFentastic ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Make floor 22 drop pure titan fires and gathering mats instead of masterwork alkahest please, I mean we kill a giant beetle on floor 20, we should get some scarabs from that!!
  • voidy wrote: »
    Hey, I appreciate the prompt response. Thanks for communicating with us on this. One question: Will the lower floors drop starfall materials in the same way that DS2 dropped lucid mats last time, or are those being axed entirely?

Starfall does not drop in lowers. Starfall is still very competitive, way more than lucid was at a comparable time.

About the MWA. The reason i took it out is b/c I think DS3 will be a lot easier than DS2, given the new class and new gears. We did get some buffs to the monsters but i'm hesitant on saying the balance is great. Adding MWA is an option but I'm going to wait and see how things go.

We do have non-tradable alkahest, but it's not usable in awakening.
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Treeshark wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »

Starfall does not drop in lowers. Starfall is still very competitive, way more than lucid was at a comparable time.

About the MWA. The reason i took it out is b/c I think DS3 will be a lot easier than DS2, given the new class and new gears. We did get some buffs to the monsters but i'm hesitant on saying the balance is great. Adding MWA is an option but I'm going to wait and see how things go.

treeshark its not that i dont agree with you,its gonna be easier then ds2 for sure,but not adding mwa at all is not right
    i agree its not need to drop 500 mwa for each player and the design should be 100% drop!.
    but it should drop like 200 mwa for each player for something worthy except the designs.
    atleast if you dont want to add it now add a vanguard quest for uppers that worth doing it too but for not making it spammable make it only if you defeat 21-22 floors.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »

Sounds reasonable to me and I like that it can be adjusted if things turn out to be more difficult. Thanks for giving us a heads up!
  • KabueKabue ✭✭
    Treeshark, what are the chances you can implement a vanguard for Uppers?
  • voidy wrote: »

sorry, i misread and thought you meant dropping the whole gear and not mats. however, i checked and lowers currently only drop vm7 mats and not vm6.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    We do have useless non-tradable alkahest, but it's not usable in awakening.

Do you not see how pointless it is to have Alkahest, that isn't usable in Awakening, drop in DS3 Uppers ¬.¬?
  • Kabue wrote: »
    Treeshark, what are the chances you can implement a vanguard for Uppers?

this