[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Don't laugh at me -

Comments

• aecomaaecoma ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I generally find looking at other people's keybinds really helpful so i hope contributing mine is useful. When i upgraded my pc from a potato i also bought the logitech 6200 mouse or whatever it is with it and its been one of the best investments. I have small hands so my keybinds basically work around that (i wish i could use shift+(button) but it doesnt work well for me lmao) so i make use of mouse buttons and q e r z x c v keys that are all nice and close to wasd. please enjoy my 2 minute edit of keybinds

9WW5svA.png

the only thing i'll switch up is mire with that hp pot and sonorous dreams with vow in pvp
  • I have used a Razer Naga since my WoW days back in BC.

For Tera, I just have everything bound as normal on the bottom bar, then everything else has a modifier. So for example, the bottom row is 1 to =+ then the bar just above it is Shift + 1 to =+. If I need more things bound then I start using Alt + 1 to =+.
  • I have a logitach G502. I tried a mouse with masses of buttons but i found it rather difficult to use because it wasn't balanced very well. I think the Logitech has 11 programmable buttons which I assign to 11 skills. Would it be nice to have more? Yes. But it's more important to have a mouse that you can use well.
  • This is not to discredit the OP, but I never play without a mouse. In fact, good gaming mice cost about $19 on Amazon now (I have a mouse that cost $19 that can swap between 3 presets in one single click of a button. And considering the mouse has 7 buttons, that means I can go from being a tank to a dps mid-fight at the simple press of a button.)

And while yes, this game does not require to play without a mouse, the keyboard you use is in fact more fragile than a mouse. In fact, the keyboard needs to be replaced about every year (especially if you game a lot). A good mouse usually lasts about 2 years.
  • StarbuzzStarbuzz ✭✭✭
    I use a razer naga mouse (12 button) on the side version for Tera. I also use Q, E , R + F1-8 for misc skills. Oh and C for Cleanse :pleased:
  • NubmNubm ✭✭
    I have a Logitech G600 as well.
    I have one main quickbar with keys 1-9 for main attack and rotation skills. I usually only use the first 1-5 ones though and combine them with the mouse keys. The higher keys are used for stuff i dont need quick access to (like summon party or travel to certain city skills)
    All F# keys are bound to the 12 thumb keys (G9-G20):
    The upper bar is F1-F12, the lower 2nd Bar CTRL+F1-F12 and the upper 2nd bar Shift+F1-F12.

The shift bar has Skills i dont use that often or situational (mostly stuns on lower # keys, personalized greeting on Shift+G13, campfire on Shift+G15, shitf+G14 is my mount, emotes on Shift+G16+, etc,)
    The CTRL bar has buffs. Since i play all classes i try to keep them similar. For example, Shift +F2 (G-10 on the mouse) has Kajas shield on Priest, and Mana Shield on Sorc, or similar self buffs for other classes. G17 is a good place for i-frames like Mana barrier or smoke bomb.
    Important skills are on the front of the thumb-buttons (for example: heal circles on G9+10, lockon on G11).
    Other classes have dash and rushes on G10 so i always remember where they are (Reaper has its self pull here).
    The last thumb buttons are reserved for heal and mana potions (G19-20, motes on mystic).
    G14 is my mana drain skill for magic classes or important combo skill for melee.
    G12 is cleanse for both healers, etc.
    Deployables are always on CTRL+G15-G18 (Robots, Thralls, Turrets, etc)
    I also always have one i-frame on 'C' and walk on 'X'.

It takes some practice but its pretty awesome to have any skill ready when you need it without haveing to move your fingers away from your WASD block. Im not sure if i could even play TERA without my 20 button mouse anymore lol.
  • I actually thought about using a controller once back in the day when you grinded mobs for money and i wanted a laid back way to do it. But now theres not much point since they don't even drop gold.
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    null
    @JaggedAlliance

I definitely recommwnd using a controller for all melee classes where you dont need to lock on skills. Give it a try! For me its just so natural. Healer is the only class ive never tried though because of th is..when i get my new mouse, i plan on making one

**edit: except for lancer PVP, id switch between my mouse and controlle to use Leash for accuracy.
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    null
    @A999DCTNRX

Wow, such detail. thank y ou so much!!!!
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    null
    @TheRealKingCrazy

dont worry, no discredit to me :) basically i had played mmos normally when i was younge, but when my favouritr MMO of the time closed down i basically quit mmos gor a while. i didnt have many computer games so i stuck to consoles and handhelds, then when i got back to tera i was having a hard time navigating and popped in my controller because its all i know xD i now realize that i just cant keep doing this, jf i want to play games with different fighting styles to tera as welm as be a better mystic. its just so hard for me to get used to but i plan on buying my mouse tonight hopefully...i ca b t waaaait ah.

also yeah i completele destroyed my old keyboard, all the letters on the keys melted off from pressing too hard LOL

thank you ^^
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    I got my mouse!! So excited to try it out. Gonna spam CS until I get used to it lel
  • Ghost915Ghost915 ✭✭✭
    aecoma wrote: »
    I generally find looking at other people's keybinds really helpful so i hope contributing mine is useful. When i upgraded my pc from a potato i also bought the logitech 6200 mouse or whatever it is with it and its been one of the best investments. I have small hands so my keybinds basically work around that (i wish i could use shift+(button) but it doesnt work well for me lmao) so i make use of mouse buttons and q e r z x c v keys that are all nice and close to wasd. please enjoy my 2 minute edit of keybinds

9WW5svA.png

the only thing i'll switch up is mire with that hp pot and sonorous dreams with vow in pvp

Thankl you so much!!
  • fe217e22f6e34261ad1bffdf29cfa3ea.png

I use 1-6 with SHIFT(Red), CTRL(Blue), and ALT(Yellow) as modifiers, since I don't like to reach past 6 and this allows me to use all the skills I need. (I only have 1 aura on the bar because it's setup to chain into my other aura)
  • simple fix for tera: allow mouse clicks on skill bars during combat, no need for 3 "Mains" just add to bar. No longer limited to the number of mouse buttons for skills and don't need 3 hands (and eyes) to find all the keyboard buttons. Keyboard binds can still function as well.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    who necroed this...
This discussion has been closed.