The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Gimme your +15 horror stories!

So last week I made a couple hundred grand in one day and like an idiot (I mean I really should've just bought one by now...) I decided to burn it all on making my swords +15!

45 tries later:
rO0tngR.png

I'm sure people have had worse though. Feed me your stories so I feel a little better. (Yes, the stats are intentional. I am a super rarity that never stopped even post aggro change.)

Comments

• JerzyJerzy ✭✭
    My staff was around 40ish, My priest chest was 128 :( , my priest gloves were 0 , and my ninja wep was around 50ish .
  • One and only thing I ever +15'd = 141 Tries ~ not gonna bother with that [filtered] again until vm8 arrives
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    167 tries for the only thing I +15ed, with the prices at the time I could have sold everything and bought the weapon 3 times perfect+t3 etched already and have gold left over.
  • At least 130 tries on my lucid gun. End result?

+13

My solution? Quit my gunner
  • JasonGenerixJasonGenerix ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    20 tries on Lucid Axe
    26 tries on Lucid Gloves

16 tries on SF weapon
    18 tries on SF gloves
    28 tries on SF chest
    26 tries on SF boots

I did 5 tries per day no matter how many mats I had. It just felt "right" to me.
  • Yeah, I tend to do things in the extreme - either I blow my entire bank in one shot on a spending spree or I don't. This kind of aids makes me regret even thinking about +15. I mean really, what the hell was I on?
  • 404 Total attempts to +15 a Lucid bow.
    I stopped trying around 200 attempts..

However friends wanted to see just how bad the RNG hole can get..And kept feeding me more attempts..
    Eventually it because the running joke of highwatch serrver for a period of time..Everyday Everyone asking how many attempts sir I.Hack was at..
  • Raydec wrote: »
    Yeah, I tend to do things in the extreme - either I blow my entire bank in one shot on a spending spree or I don't. This kind of aids makes me regret even thinking about +15. I mean really, what the [filtered] was I on?

Tbh, even if I had the gold to buy the gear, I wouldn't, simply because I love seeing the "Crafted by Jason" on it

However friends wanted to see just how bad the RNG hole can get..And kept feeding me more attempts..
    Eventually it because the running joke of highwatch serrver for a period of time..Everyday Everyone asking how many attempts sir I.Hack was at..

Lol that's sad to hear. Being famous for being unlucky xD

I did something like that with my friend's SF lance. He gave me his Lucid lance afterwards. Lol.

Lol that's sad to hear. Being famous for being unlucky xD

Then for it to work on the 404th try too.
    I can't tell you how many times I've heard "404 Error: Weapon/Enchantment Not Found"
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    With the new system i prefer doing 1-3 attempts a day and make it slow.

My latest +15 weapon is my SF Axe, at +12 i had alot of help from my friends, didnt want to go that much at once but they were all "YOU CAN DO IT, GO GO +15!!" And so i tried it with their mwa/fs, failed everything in 1 day that was like 30 tries (including my resources), after that i slowly farmed mwa from gathering dailies, 400 VG for 1 char = 2 boxes, 3 chars = 6 boxes = 1 try! YAY!

I had more than 6 chars so best was 2 tries a day. I kept trying until it reached 60 tries, I kinda lost count after that number, few days later it hit +13 YAY! So that was around 61-70 tries ish for +13.

Then the suffering was gone, I hit +14 at 3 tries and +15 in 1 try! In 1 week! *throws flowers*

All my +15 stuffs were done this way, literally farmed the mwa myself and having plenty feedstock from doing dungeons, cant you get 200 fs a day? Or 400 for 2 tries? :P (Except for my Gene with the old system). So if i dont count the help from my friends, i didnt pay a peny for +15 :P Like, at all! Be patient, and it will come to you itself, eventually :pleased:

Keep trying, you can do it too!

(And that SF Axe is actually the one i have the least luck with, too!)
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    when I made my vm4 +15 set 2nd day it was out, I did boots/gloves/chest in under 15 tries each. Easy system right? Well my weapon took 100k feedstock (when feedstock was ~38 ea) before it hit +15 ahahahaha >.<
  • eh i breached 88 tries before my sorc's weapon reached +13. I am now... still at +13 and have very little desire to push further...
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    My Renegade gloves (third thing I ever +15'd, after Renegade chest and weapon), I actually stopped counting at 300 tries, I just didn't want to know anymore. I've had something like 8 things hit +15 in under 40 tries.... then there was my Starfall greaves that took 113 tries to hit +13, before going +15 at 132 attempts. My advice to anyone looking to try to +15 anything- don't bother unless you can afford to throw away the mats for at least 80 attempts. Any less and you're kidding yourself about just how lucky (or unlucky) you can be.