[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Can we remove XP reward from Kumas Royal soon? It created a very ugly dungeon expedience

Comments

• Forgot the crystals, what are they exactly? lol
  • Angelish wrote: »
    Acendia wrote: »
    I just ran couple of dungeons, GL, NT with people with lvl 20 gears,
    I often find my alts at lvl 60 with at least one lvl 20-30 equipment just by leveling with dungeons. It really doesn't help I get 4 levels per run until about lvl 40. Not that any gear besides weapon matters to me anyway.
    Besides... can you really get trap parties anymore before lvl 60? Sure, I do more damage than the rest of the party together- but that's still enough to complete the whole dungeon with ease.

If you are a healer? If your tank has level 20 gear, 2 of your dps has lvl 20 gear, what now? Are you saying you are so good to defend the flaw? I don't understand the meaning of your reply.

I was doing more damage on my mystic then any dps while leveling her.

so now, what are you saying now? I need to carry/heal/tank/dps as my priest? you wanna say you are so good and I am not, OK, I accept but this is not the thread to put this [filtered] here, tnx.
  • AngelishAngelish ✭✭✭
    It wasnt meant as any disrespect. But you'll probably have to carry the rest of your party with any character you play, regardless of role.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a known fact that many alts have needed to carry real newbs in level up dungeons. The level up experience is so bad right now that it would be best for everyone to remove it altogether, make everyone 65, and hand them a bunch of gold and starter mats and gear. That way at least BHS wouldn't have to deal with both level up and end game, since they seem to be derping too many times at both.

I keep proposing, and will ask again here, for the dev team to think about their idea of a level up game and fix it. Make level up game meaningful again so it prepares players for end game as it should. The meaning of leveling up should cover both character and player. Current level up only covers the character.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    It's a known fact that many alts have needed to carry real newbs in level up dungeons. The level up experience is so bad right now that it would be best for everyone to remove it altogether, make everyone 65, and hand them a bunch of gold and starter mats and gear. That way at least BHS wouldn't have to deal with both level up and end game, since they seem to be derping too many times at both.

I keep proposing, and will ask again here, for the dev team to think about their idea of a level up game and fix it. Make level up game meaningful again so it prepares players for end game as it should. The meaning of leveling up should cover both character and player. Current level up only covers the character.

True words. EME needs to think of something, BHS won't.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot the crystals, what are they exactly? lol

If this is a serious question, they're these little, well, crystals that gives passive augments to your equipment. They can give all sorts of benefits like damage multipliers, higher defense, and increased MP regeneration and movement speed.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ummm, I have been playing Tera for years, and still have absolutely no idea what I am doing in dungeons.

I have run one dungeon in the last 2 years, and that was to help my wife get armor.

Why? Because I play 100% for PvP. So why in the world should it matter if I am clueless in dungeons?

And honestly, it's not as if I needed to know how to play my class to level, even without the new BG.

Granted, it would be nice if you could play another BG at low levels, where it's actually your character PvPing, but oh well....I still see absolutely no problem with being able to level from PvP only. I've done it in every game I've played, where it was an option, and it was a huge plus for that game, for me.

I could care less about your bloody PvE.
  • The exp is a good thing, it makes leveling less [filtered]. Don't remove it, it compensates for Kumas and CS being 65 only now.
  • edited July 2016
    MGYEPC9NLP wrote: »
    x1000.

In addition to what Deathologist said about new characters reaching higher levels with no way to enchant and horrible gear, they don't even care about winning the bg itself. Most of the time a level 20 or 30 character runs for the big Kuma, runs outside and get as many contribution points as possible while dying, and throws the match in the first two minutes. This happens in about 4 out of 5 bgs.

Non 65 characters should be able to do the BG, and they should be able to get credits and daily vanguard rewards. They should not be able get exp for it.

Thank god I got that mission done for all 7 of my characters before we had the real s███ hit the fan moment.
    Svetlanah wrote: »
    Yeah i guess lol if u win twice its like 60-61 lol

If being the key word since most dont know nor do they care how to play and many who take the kuma just yolo when the point is to stay at base and run around as you avoid the babies that get through.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭

Same when new class "Casual " arrive

and when they spam CS

This problem always be, more for mains for this "Casual" class

and the problem is ?
  • HikushiruHikushiru
    edited July 2016
    stop exaggerating

you cannot Que for GL/NT with level 20 gear
    People get massive XP and also 100% xp boosts, we already had a very bad leveling up which teaches nothing to our new players, and this new Kumas made thing even worse that I wanna go punch BHS in the face.

Problems it created: People just spam that, they get to higher level, absolutely no dungeon experience, no quests run, they have no feedstock so no enchanting, no gears, no avatar wep, no clue what dungeon is. I just ran couple of dungeons, GL, NT with people with lvl 20 gears, this is unacceptable, anti-fun, torture, a trap GL or NT run is something you can't be happy.

Immediately remove the XP please and fix what BHS broke.

You can't even Que for NT/GL in level 20 gears in the first place
    and if you are grouping with these people in lvl 20 gear and entering manually then that seems like your own issue
  • I really don't see how the normal super-accelerated levelling process in this game is truly going to prepare anyone better for end-game than this method. People used to level via Corsairs before, and this new Kuma battleground just replaces that. And, the instance matching system already does place item level restrictions so that people can't queue for higher-level dungeons with low-level equipment. And besides all this, most of the levelling dungeons are easy enough that they can be soloed anyway.

I think this concern is blown way out of proportion and is not actually the real issue. There is no levelling process in this game right now that properly prepares anyone for end-game. On the other hand, BHS is introducing more solo content and easier level 65 content to ease people into end-game, so it's all the more that "the game starts at 65." I don't think this battleground is really going to change anything regarding player skill at this point.
  • This give people a change to level up more the besides dungeon runs and quest also you can't even que up gl and not in level 20 gear the gear have to be at last 38 or something like that so there no way people can get into those dungones with that gear beside there lowlvl gear in bg that you can buy.
  • AlbaMeiraAlbaMeira ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    *Sees QQ Thread aboout people raging about Kumas Royale*

Time for me to level the hell out of my alts before TERA goes and nerfs the hell out of the XP for this BG.
    But seriously I'd rather they not. I might be in the Minority but given the free handouts they already give other classes. *COUGH COUGH ELIN REAPER who starts at 50 while most classes starts at stepstone isle at level 1. Level 50 to Level 1* I repeat Level 50 to Level 1

Anyways its It's only fair game the rest of the other classes get a fair shot at easy street plus its a easy method at 100% XP's.

Edit: BRB: Leveling Easy Mode Slayer Thanks Kumas Royale :pleased:

But in all seriousness dont nerf the EXP.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just as as was saying before. There's pretty much nothing that prepares a player right now for end game at 65. It's as if BHS just said, "Screw it, let em all be max level and let the veterans sort the wave of newbies with zero idea of anything into their end game." In my opinion it just makes a bad experience both for the newbies and the veterans, when they have to meet at end game, one wanting fast runs, and the other not knowing how to operate their characters at even the most basic level. LFG doesn't fully solve it because that's where the more personal virtual eye contact happens, and bad experiences(newbies calling veterans elitists and veterans calling newbies a nuisance) have been more than a few.

As for this instance, I haven't done it and doubt I will but from what I understand you don't even operate your character at all. Everyone is a kumas instead, further disconnecting people from their chosen characters..... Might as well make a new kumas class and leave it at that. :3

So I keep and will repeat my opinion like I'm hitting a dead horse with pieces of my broken record. This game needs a meaningful way to revive the level up part into a fast but harder experience or find a system side way to prepare players somewhat for end game. No game should completely depend on outside player guides to teach their new players how to play. Nerfing dungeons or leaving newbies on their own after getting to 65 is not the solution.