[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Guild Housing Hopes:

-That it allow for greater customization than skycastles.
-That it have individual rooms for guild members to decorate as they please.
-That it not require competition so everyone can have one.

What about you?

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    doubt there will be individual rooms, but +1 for the rest.
  • Guild halls, individual player housing, hotel rooms, a bridge I can sleep under... at this point I'll take anything. My characters have been homeless for over a year now :(

Not just homeless, but hungry, too. Outside of Rootstock, it's so hard to find food in the TERA world. :confounded:

For just 15 gold a day, you can sponsor one of my in-game characters. This will give them the food, shelter, skill training and HP potions they need to survive the harsh Arborean environment they live in. :cry:
  • For just 15 gold a day, you can sponsor one of my in-game characters. This will give them the food, shelter, skill training and HP potions they need to survive the harsh Arborean environment they live in. :cry:

*Changes channel*

• CataclysmaCataclysma ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Guild halls, individual player housing, hotel rooms, a bridge I can sleep under... at this point I'll take anything. My characters have been homeless for over a year now :(

Not just homeless, but hungry, too. Outside of Rootstock, it's so hard to find food in the TERA world. :confounded:

For just 15 gold a day, you can sponsor one of my in-game characters. This will give them the food, shelter, skill training and HP potions they need to survive the harsh Arborean environment they live in. :cry:

♪In the arms an angel♪
  • TorchideTorchide ✭✭✭
    Guild halls, individual player housing, hotel rooms, a bridge I can sleep under... at this point I'll take anything. My characters have been homeless for over a year now :(

There's food for sale for less than 15 gold? Which server are you on and what are you eating?
  • Torchide wrote: »
    There's food for sale for less than 15 gold? Which server are you on and what are you eating?
    Probably garbage and motes.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    I can give you free motes on CH. They taste like marble but better than nothing!

By the way i just hope it will habe a nice degree of customization
  • Customization and a guild hall with multiple rooms would be really cool. I liked the option of having merchants there as well, I just hope they make them more useful...
  • TheGreyWolfTheGreyWolf ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Torchide wrote: »

Red Cross brings us old donated canned foods from other MMOs. They're past the expiration date but still edible if you don't mind the maggots (extra protein).

Now that you've lost your appetite, can I finish what you were eating?

Oh, um, right. Sorry, on topic. I would love guild halls or individual player housing. +1 for that.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    The dream would be housing, maybe with the chance to earn working benches to use with a revamped crafting system :3

If this guild housing will be something similar with high customization, maybe with perks or decoration obtainable through guild tasks it would be very cool.
  • TheGreyWolfTheGreyWolf ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Sinastria wrote: »
    The dream would be housing, maybe with the chance to earn working benches to use with a revamped crafting system :3

If this guild housing will be something similar with high customization, maybe with perks or decoration obtainable through guild tasks it would be very cool.

I agree. I'd like to see housing with available upgrades like a bed to rest and restore HP, mana, stamina (even though stamina is getting removed); also logging out in your house would be the same as logging out in a town for "rested xp". (maybe sleeping in your own house would give you a temporary stamina boost to 135% like gathering? but again... irrelevant now that they're removing stamina anyway)

Crafting benches would be an awesome upgrade.

Indoor campfires (also irrelevant now?) I was hoping to see customizable fire pits inside your housing, like normal, hasty and charming, with an additional "noble campfire" option that would act as both charming and hasty. But... RIP campfires. So much for that idea.

Also how about nodes? You could add like a "greenhouse" type room that has nodes that respawn every 30 minutes or whatever. Including the option for specialty nodes that have a higher chance to yield scarabs or other rare items.

Could also add a kitchen type area for cooking if cooking ever becomes a viable thing outside of Rootstock (could also include food nodes for that).

Additional storage? Including costume storage, like a closet type room with manikins to store and show off all your different costumes.

The option to hire permanent in-house "servants" like bankers, trade broker, merchants, etc.

And of course purely aesthetic decorative options so that people can customize their living space however they want it.

These ideas could apply to both guild housing or individual housing, or both. IF they were ever developed and implemented. I think it would be cool. I know it would be expensive and time consuming to do something like this though, and I'm not sure if it's something that has even crossed the devs' minds. But here's to hoping.

EDIT: thought of another one... could also include a stable to hold all of your mounts so that you could see them all lined up together.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    @TheGreyWolf Unfurtunatly i think it's not in BHS mindset.

If you ask me it would have great value, helping the player retention since they could have something more to do, especially that kind of players prone to spend money on cosmetics.
    It could even be easily sustainable just adding some retexture or floor/wall pattern to cheaply give players new shinies every patch, and reusing fornitures and stuff that we have here and there in towns and taverns.

Let's be honest, if you don't roleplay or enjoy being social with your guildies it's difficult to find good excuses to keep playing during the end of a patch cycle.
  • Sinastria wrote: »
    @TheGreyWolf Unfurtunatly i think it's not in BHS mindset.

If you ask me it would have great value, helping the player retention since they could have something more to do, especially that kind of players prone to spend money on cosmetics.
    It could even be easily sustainable just adding some retexture or floor/wall pattern to cheaply give players new shinies every patch, and reusing fornitures and stuff that we have here and there in towns and taverns.

Let's be honest, if you don't roleplay or enjoy being social with your guildies it's difficult to find good excuses to keep playing during the end of a patch cycle.

Agreed, fully. I'm not asking them to rewrite the entire game. Just slap some stuff together, something that's fun and kinda cool. Should be much easier to implement than something really ambitious like FLYING MOUNTS.

Not only that but they could put a lot of the housing stuff in the cash shop and actually make some money off of it.

But I'll leave that up to them. It's their business. They can choose to do or not do whatever they want. Just giving suggestions for things that I think could be potential revenue streams for them. :3