[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

KTERA 7/21 update - Sorc revamp, new dungeon Lilith's castle

Comments

• Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, priests were superior for years, and mystics were underdogs for so long.

Priests are underdogs for like a few days, and their screaming and crying gets them a boost.

But oh well, balance is good.
  • Not only easier dungeons and easier classes... but the hard dungeons requires less healing.. everything that is dangerous pretty much kill you in 1 hit...
    so maybe it will be dividedlike this: ppl with low tier gear would be between mystics and priests (some will prefer mystic dmg/crit, some will prefer priest safety), mid tier gear ppl might prefer mystics, and high tier gear ppl might prefer priests (since they probably already reach crit cap). This is a guess lol.. is probably wrong...
    and tbh i never had a problem gettin in a pt... at least in my server they ask for a healer... they doesnt rly care about which one...
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    Yeah, priests were superior for years, and mystics were underdogs for so long.

Priests are underdogs for like a few days, and their screaming and crying gets them a boost.

But oh well, balance is good.

I hear that a lot, but far back as I can remember, mystics have always been preferred in runs where the four others in the group know what they were doing, but my memory goes back only two years. Of course, they would all get priest buffs before going in, so a lot of the mystic preference hinged on having a priest willing to buff you and then be cool with being left out in the cold.

Before mystics were buffed, I was of the (perhaps mistaken?) opinion that the two classes were pretty balanced with mystic being outright better when combined with a priest's buffs and that mystic's only hangup was that it was a chore to play. After the buffs I felt like they gave them too much (which explained their surge in popularity and BHS's subsequent indirect nerf). But it wasn't until now that I ever felt like they truly got screwed. Of course this is only true if the developers continue to make crit gear with bigger crit modifiers and classes with crit glyphs built into their skills. Only time will tell, I guess. Can't wait to see what happens in kTera when this content becomes live.
  • edited July 2016
    @TWMagimay Story actually did a stream yesterday to demo the content of the new update, including Lilith's Castle and Sorcerer gameplay (Starts at about 3:45:00). There's also information on the chat log throughout that you may find interesting: https://www.twitch.tv/s2021369/v/79163048
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    Angelish wrote: »
    So when is this patch expected here?

6 months.

Unless Ktera is like 3 months away from getting this, it'll be far sooner than that. 6 months used to be true, but recently they've been working really hard on getting us quite close behind.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    With the nerf to double healing, I'm sure they can create future raids with this in mind (e.g. ~10% less health or endurance on raid content). I'm not sure if the next patch even comes with a raid.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Newest boss is so sexy!

08714d6875.jpg
    Click image for a better screenshot!

EDIT - Moderator removed content.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Newest boss is so sexy!

08714d6875.jpg

If they made those wings and scythe skin avalable as an earnable drop from the HM version of the boss, I promise I'll become a pro player.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    Newest boss is so sexy! I don't care what position I play, tank or dps, one of us is gonna get raped!

08714d6875.jpg

If they made those wings and scythe skin avalable as an earnable drop from the HM version of the boss, I promise I'll become a pro player.

Last time Darkan wings were made available, Bluehole butchered it and it was only obtainable through Crusades.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    Oh man, I want that as a weapon skin for my zerk.
  • Eldroth wrote: »
    Am I dreaming or I have really read that Kaia shield works only with team, does it means it will no more work solo ?

And yeah about always same stuff, new gear means ppl spend money to get it !

It's a never ending same stuff story !

Will they buff VM7 because just a few ppl have it and the drops are so slow so it's totally frustrating that they do a VM8 while VM7 is still extremely rare.

Just HOPE that they will not do a female and Elin only class, so I will leave.

The developpers of the game are so basic with no creativity.

Tough luck, the next class is locked to at minimum, females only again.
  • SyjitraSyjitra ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ohmygod that Nightmare!
    BHS, if some smidge of you can read this, please change our Night Mare mount in to that thing.<3
    I need this in my life.
    So badly.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Healer nerfs will only mean 2 things.

In PvE both types of healers will need to put a little more effort to heal, while dps need to l2dodge more.

In PvP both types of healers can't 20-100 everyone anymore, making poke slightly more stronger and battles will probably end/disengage faster with enough dps.

I hope Sorc's magma bomb replacement gets a stagger tbh.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    RIP BUFFERINOS
  • AngelishAngelish ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Newest boss is so sexy!

08714d6875.jpg

Gross