Tera why?Why u crash? O:D

Comments

• EME doesnt even respond yet to this issue? WHere are they
  • stuck . can't log in past toon screen. mount tyrannas. everytime i have time offf from work there is ann
    issue
  • Same thing happened 4 Saturdays ago. Last time it was up 9:15 PST. Then they make up for it with power hour. Lets hope this is the situation.
  • edited July 2016
    5 Hours already. This is how slow the enmasse team is. They will come up with excuses like "everyone of us has a life, we cant be 24/7 here". Not even 1 person of the whole team has seen it? Are they 5 man army?
  • edited July 2016
    SweetThing wrote: »
    5 Hours already. This is how slow the enmasse team is. They will come up with excuses like "everyone of us has a life, we cant be 24/7 here". Not even 1 person of the whole team has seen it? Are they 5 man army?

I suspect the problem is with the type of issue. If it just flat out went down (and was showing as down) their technicians would get a text right away. But when it "stalls" like this, all their detection systems probably think it's online, so they don't know to check it. They'll have to put in place a new kind of detection system somehow that flags this sort of case as well.
  • They're finally restarting it seeing as MT is down
  • R0tt3nLuck wrote: »
    They're finally restarting it seeing as MT is down

Praise Allah
  • edited July 2016
    HolySephy wrote: »
    Same thing happened 4 Saturdays ago. Last time it was up 9:15 PST. Then they make up for it with power hour. Lets hope this is the situation.

Power WEEKEND should be implimented for this ridiculously long downtime. Oh and while theyre at it would be nice to reset the weekly BG cred limits so we can get back to farming our lost hours :awesome:
  • how long has MT been down?
  • They'll have to put in place a new kind of detection system somehow that flags this sort of case as well.

They should just make creating a topic with the title "is down", "crash" and "RIP + server name" keywords that trigger a warning for them.
    Should be a piece of cake if they created these forums themselves.

• Cutechan wrote: »
    how long has MT been down?

about 10 minutes before the resets, so 5 hours at this point
  • We are aware of the issue and currently investigating.
  • edited July 2016
    HarHar wrote: »
    They'll have to put in place a new kind of detection system somehow that flags this sort of case as well.

They should just make creating a topic with the title "is down", "crash" and "RIP + server name" keywords that trigger a warning for them.

These forums, they didn't create themselves -- they run on third-party software on hosted servers, so it may be tricky to implement that sort of hook. But aside that, it's a bit risky since it could be abused if people figure that out. (And, sometimes, thread titles aren't too clear either, and it could also just be someone's local issue in some cases.) But anyway, it's an idea.
  • i went afk right around then and was able to stay logged in till about an hour after the rest. and then i got into an instance party and was told "You can't enter while instance matching between servers is disabled." ....... any idea how long this kinda thing last? i thought it was on my end i ended up completely reinstalling the game and submitting a ticket to support.
  • HarHar wrote: »
    They'll have to put in place a new kind of detection system somehow that flags this sort of case as well.

These forums, they didn't create themselves -- they run on third-party software on hosted servers, so it may be tricky to implement that sort of hook. But aside that, it's a bit risky since it could be abused if people figure that out. (And, sometimes, thread titles aren't too clear either, and it could also just be someone's local issue in some cases.) But anyway, it's an idea.

I think EME employees receiving a few false-positives is a fairly unimportant downside considering they'll likely always receive real-positives whenever a server freezes, instead of being clueless for five hours.