[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TERA 2016 Preview

Comments

• Troyzerk wrote: »
    I can't stand that they keep leaving the berserker out on EVERY single patch... i've been waiting patiently for them to give the class the strength it is entitled to since the time that they have fallen from top dog, to being rarely even seen in the games dungeons... WTF BHS and EME? Where is the love for your old classes? You have kept the berserker on the brink of being an OBSOLETE class for the last several patches! And for anyone who disagrees? I challange you to attempt the new dungeons and survive with optimal dps using only evasive smash in your DPS mode to evade. No usage of the evasive roll and you'll see what i mean about an obsolete class. Please, show the berserker some love! We drain our HP with overcharge and have the slowest atk speed and lowest survivability in the game. All that risk for nothing. I know it seems like im complaining but if you play the class and try, you'll see for yourself. Increase our max guard value, give us abilities that scale damage with having less remaining HP. Make us have a REASON to go "berserk" at low health, rather than just blocking and waiting for a heal, GO NUTS! I love berserkers in RPGs. ZERKER LOVE PEOPLE!

hmmmm wasnt thunderstrike given like 30% more pve damage recently, or am i wrong? and i crit to 5m with TS and if i have luck on being behind the boss i am usually 1st with dps meter so...zerker is just fine ;) it hits so hard
  • salE983salE983 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Daedraz wrote: »
    Q : Awakening enchanting has a high entry barrier for casual users. I think the progression from Slaughter set to Imperator set needs to be improved. Also, there are huge disparities between classes, which makes it difficult for some classes to enter Hard dungeons. I think rather than adding new skills, the existing skills should be adjusted to balance the disparities.
    A : Awakening is a content designed to challenge the high-tier users. We think the base problem is the progression from Slaughter to Imperator, so this will be improved in the future updates. We haven’t finalized them yet, so we can’t give you the details quite yet. Finally, we will continually monitor and improve the balance issue.

^ What are you talking about ? Imperator is NOT SUPPOSE TO be easy to get... why would you make it easy ? SSHM is one of the hardest dungeons up to date hence there isnt everyone and their mother running around with imperator ( coughs, starfall, coughs ). There isnt a problem in the progression from Slaughter to Imperator, this does not need improvement. There are tons of players nowadays running with Starfall who cant clear a ssnm properly, because starfalls were literally handed out last patch. Reconsider this, it needs to stay hard and not a handout like starfall

The 'getting' part isn't the problem. The problem is the process of getting to +15, as indicated by the use of the phrase "Awakening enchanting." Right now it just takes way too much time/effort/materials to get a single piece of gear to +15. I agree that the method to obtain imperator should not be changed. Players should 'earn it' by running HM instances and pvping, etc. But I would like to see the enchanting process from +13 to +15 fixed. Enchanting doesn't rely on player skill. It's just horrible RNG that forces players to spend way too much time and effort. I for one, certainly don't have the kind of time to grind the game for several hours across multiple alts for the feedstock and MWA on a daily basis.
    Daedraz wrote: »
    Q : Awakening enchanting has a high entry barrier for casual users. I think the progression from Slaughter set to Imperator set needs to be improved. Also, there are huge disparities between classes, which makes it difficult for some classes to enter Hard dungeons. I think rather than adding new skills, the existing skills should be adjusted to balance the disparities.
    A : Awakening is a content designed to challenge the high-tier users. We think the base problem is the progression from Slaughter to Imperator, so this will be improved in the future updates. We haven’t finalized them yet, so we can’t give you the details quite yet. Finally, we will continually monitor and improve the balance issue.

^ What are you talking about ? Imperator is NOT SUPPOSE TO be easy to get... why would you make it easy ? SSHM is one of the hardest dungeons up to date hence there isnt everyone and their mother running around with imperator ( coughs, starfall, coughs ). There isnt a problem in the progression from Slaughter to Imperator, this does not need improvement. There are tons of players nowadays running with Starfall who cant clear a ssnm properly, because starfalls were literally handed out last patch. Reconsider this, it needs to stay hard and not a handout like starfall

The 'getting' part isn't the problem. The problem is the process of getting to +15, as indicated by the use of the phrase "Awakening enchanting." Right now it just takes way too much time/effort/materials to get a single piece of gear to +15. I agree that the method to obtain imperator should not be changed. Players should 'earn it' by running HM instances and pvping, etc. But I would like to see the enchanting process from +13 to +15 fixed. Enchanting doesn't rely on player skill. It's just horrible RNG that forces players to spend way too much time and effort. I for one, certainly don't have the kind of time to grind the game for several hours across multiple alts for the feedstock and MWA on a daily basis.

you could not be more right my friend and i completely agree, as someone who has 4 characters with +15 i understand that, the biggest problem for me is taht RNG, i got starcannon to +15 in 37 tries and my friend slayer weapon in 119 so compare that lol, he needed with awakening and enchanting around 13k mwa and he has all 12 classes on 65, that is not RNG you cant have 1 person +15 in 15 tries and then someone in 150, that is insane P.S. i remember my tensus staff, +15 in 7 tries, 4 fails 3 successes lolololol
  • Nektor wrote: »
    Kacchan wrote: »
    Sorcs can now land meteors (∩⌐■ᴥ■)⊃━☆゚.*

There is more frames on the picture of the character than on the gameplay itself LOL.
  • Class Balance Adjustments
    Q : Sorcerers are strong in PvP. Are PvE enhancements going to enhance the PvP part further?
    A : We are going to improve the part where it lacks DPS, but it will not affect PvP.
    The patch notes determined that was a lie.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    xvct wrote: »
    The elite buffs - the current Nostrum does not affect the cooldowns on Heals. This seems severely biased and and possibly unbalanced, especially when it comes to PvP. Please make the Nostrum affect heal CDs too. (As a pvp priest main, I've been pushing for this since forever.)

To be very fair, if you even need CDR on Heals your team in PvP is doing something wrong, or you as a healer aren't doing something properly.
  • Sadens me that BHS seems to have no intention of adding housing, sandbox elements or indeed anything outside of just different flavors of what is already here.

This game needs filling out.
  • Before you can implement these GvG raids and 30 man dungeons, you need to push BHS to optimize this game. There are far too many grey blobs and desyncing going on, making the experience a disaster. This game runs terribly even on high end gaming rigs.
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    No Optimized Client? No FIX FPS Drop? No Directx 11? No 64bit compatible? :anguished:

This right here.. Because I have two computers that I seriously would love to run TERA and can't due to this.
    We need it. Players deserve this update.
  • AmphiptereAmphiptere ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    SweetThing wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

Miscellaneous
    Q : There are differences in skill motions between races. Are you going to fix that? Also, when are you going to make a new class for popori?
    A : The original design was that each race had different animations, even when they are same class, to show off their racial characteristics. We no longer believe that’s something that’s strictly necessary. However, because of the difficulties in changing all the different animations, we will first focus on fixing the animations that have contributed to players’ choice of races. We understand the opinions about new popori class or male classes, but more players prefer female class, so we release more female classes. (And this might be the best time to admit that the next new class is also a female class.)

Its not like more players prefer female classes, Its just when you release a new class, its locked to female gender and there is nothing we can do about it. We can "only" go for female gender to play the new class. I would like to see new male class for a change.

I agree with this a lot.

Gunner is locked to female only, which a lot of solo player (like myself) prefer. Brawler, is a favored tank (OP tank) at the moment and is also locked to female. Ninja and Reaper are locked to Elin (also Elins for some reason have better/shorter animations which is a huge advantage in PvP) , and there are so many ninjas running around (I rarely ever end up in an instance match without a ninja). So of course there would be a ton of female characters.

I would have made a Baraka ninja if I could.

Edit: I would also like to add that I am disappointed that it looks like client optimization isn't a high priority.

Edit Edit: I was originally going to make a zerk tank, since I was told they could solo. But after reading some more, learned that zerkers are kinda dead and were never really good/require so much skill to be tanks.
  • Amphiptere wrote: »
    Edit: I would also like to add that I am disappointed that it looks like client optimization isn't a high priority.

Edit Edit: I was originally going to make a zerk tank, since I was told they could solo. But after reading some more, learned that zerkers are kinda dead and were never really good/require so much skill to be tanks.

Zerk tanking isn't really that difficult, though most people haven't seen one (or have only seen one who doesn't know what they're doing) and just assume it's crap. Though the class itself is kind of dead right now, that's true. Try it, you may just enjoy it.
  • Ccoffee wrote: »
    Amphiptere wrote: »

Zerk tanking isn't really that difficult, though most people haven't seen one (or have only seen one who doesn't know what they're doing) and just assume it's crap. Though the class itself is kind of dead right now, that's true. Try it, you may just enjoy it.

they don't have enrage so you lack the dmg boost overall for party. Even if they can hold aggro I doubt they compensate for that loss of party dmg.
  • Ccoffee wrote: »
    Amphiptere wrote: »

they don't have enrage so you lack the dmg boost overall for party. Even if they can hold aggro I doubt they compensate for that loss of party dmg.

Way to completely not understand the post, I didn't say that "They're best tank, give crazy high damage boost to party, make life simple you just auto-attack" (yeah a little overexxagerated) I said they can tank still, that it's not difficult to hold aggro, keep position, use debuff, and generally just keep the brunt of attacks from going in an awkward direction. Yes lancer/brawler have that awesome enrage tactic, and warrior can do it slightly less often, but that doesn't Make them a tank. Holding aggro, not jumping around like an idiot, and blocking do (blocking has been tank meta for a while, but this wasn't the case back when warrior was eva tank)
  • MaddwolfMaddwolf ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It would be great if one could play as a MALE Ninja....and if people like to play females more then give the Elin's the option to have larger attributes in the chest area in the Char creator ..... just a thought....
  • edited August 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We understand the opinions about new popori class or male classes, but more players prefer female class, so we release more female classes. (And this might be the best time to admit that the next new class is also a female class.)

Please, no more. I beg of you.
  • I'll just sit here and play my Castanic Male Archer :3c