[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Current PvP Class Balancing and META

1356710

Comments

  • Palochi wrote: »
    Warrior difficulty 2/10 at best, and 10/10 1v1 FOR SURE. Like the only class that even compares to Warrior in 1v1 is Mystic, and honestly they got nerfed for that and should still lose 1v1 to Warriors unless they're better geared.
    Mystic actually got buffed in 1v1's, the last patch gave Mystics much more ways to survive and they also made Volley have a normal damage + the poison, which gives some more damage..not like you can do it a lot against ppl who actually know what they are doing tho. Before the changes there was one Warrior in my server that could kill me almost everytime if i tried to not use Thrall of Life(he was the only one lol ), now even if i dont i can still survive 80% of the time.
    Healers shouldnt be compared to DPS class tho, so i agree that Warrior is the best class in duels; even tho i disagree that the difficulty to play Warrior would be 2/10 lol..well you can be a backstab hero but you arent playing Warrior if you do that, youre playing Backstab.

    The thing about Mystics that makes it it a nerf is it now has a cooldown beyond the animation. So you can actually be bothered to iframe or block the volley of curses, if your opponent still chooses to take the poison then yes Mystics are buffed in 1v1, but most people are gonna block the poison and with it's massive CD now, it's not wrong to block it. You don't get as many tries to poison so it's less exhausting for the opponent. Most of all though if you miss 2 in a row, you lose your combo, it used to require you to fail 5 Volley of Curses in order to drop the debuff stacks but now just iframing 2 of them will drop the 3 stack.

    Double Thralls are great, base damage is nice, but the CD makes the overall change a nerf to Mystics in 1v1. It's not something I disagree with and it doesn't kill the class, but Mystics were a lot easier to play and a lot harder to deal with before the change.

    Warrior gets free match ups vs about half the classes Reaper, Ninja, Slayer (and I think Gunner as well)

    In fact the only reason Sorcerers and Archers stand a chance is their traps, which I personally think are pretty overpowered and need nerfs. Archers and Sorcerers aren't owned as hard by Warriors because they themselves are [filtered].

    You can block backstab so in a 1v1 situation it does make it easier, but the effort of avoiding backstab is FAR GREATER than that of trying to land a backstab. However If you do not see a backstab coming, because you're mounted or killing someone else, or they just say attempt to PK you in VO opening with backstab you lose, the move isn't aimed and so you press it, press all the right buttons after, and enjoy your win. And 1 backstab is all you really need most of the time (Especially when buffed) to kill someone. Especially someone like a Ninja, Reaper or Slayer who have a hard time dealing with the stupid ability in the first place and then when they get hit they are one comboed. The class is stupid and outrageously easy. I find most classes in tab target games to be at least 5 times more difficult than Warriors. Even Sorcerers are more difficult than warriors.
  • Timing staggers on Ninjas are 100% dependent on the opponent's ping as well. If the opponent has lower ping, their stagger times are significantly shorter and can iframe away easier!

    I think Ninja is an easy class to play and it's really easy to deal damage to opponents who don't know how to iframe jagged path or double cut. But it's much more challenging to know how to time staggers and when to iframe vs kd based classes like Zerk, Slayer and Warrior.

    If I miss my stagger on zerk because of the block then I get kd'd 100% of the time unless I iframe immediately after missing but then I have to run away like a newb trying to not get kd'd because I no longer have any iframes.

    Same with warriors with block or counter being in point blank range is VERY dangerous for ninjas especially if you get caught. The whole KD chain warriors can do gives them enough time for backstab to be back up. With zerks you basically die if you don't have retal lol.

    Slayers have anti-stagger and stun so you have to keep watching when they use those buffs you also die if you don't have retal and they do an ICB combo on you.

    Ninjas can't do as much damage as a reaper can with their full combos imo. Reapers have retribution to save their butts and a lot of stagger locks from a safe distance unlike ninjas which have to be right in front of X.

    If you get flame pillar from jagged path on sorc, you're screwed.

    Gunner's AB does like 40% of your HP.

    Archer stun kick combo almost 100-0s you.

    Lancers are hard to stagger through and almost impossible if they have low ping.
    Same with brawlers.

    Idk about you but trying to be decent as a ninja with 100+ ping isnt easy.

    Not saying OG classes aren't hard because they are. It's just Ninjas aren't a walk in park either.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @ThePurpleKnightmare
    Honestly..if you can really use Voley of Curses that much in 1v1 situations, your enemy is bad or a class that shouldnt be trying to kill healers.
    The buff given to Mystics has almost nothing to do with the Volley changes, they made mote's CDs faster, gave them a anti stagger, sleep, stun and KD skill (animation lock but if used wisely it can be really good) and Mystics have better MP management now. Healers only go "agressive" on the enemy if the enemy is bad enough to not put any pressure on them
    And it wasnt a nerf o.o idk how making the CD of a skill -that we can barely use in cases that we would die- higher is a nerf. The point imo isnt to kill, but to not die, if you dont die the enemy will at some point and the class changes made Mystics much better than before in surviving overall.
  • Michii wrote: »
    Timing staggers on Ninjas are 100% dependent on the opponent's ping as well. If the opponent has lower ping, their stagger times are significantly shorter and can iframe away easier!

    I think Ninja is an easy class to play and it's really easy to deal damage to opponents who don't know how to iframe jagged path or double cut. But it's much more challenging to know how to time staggers and when to iframe vs kd based classes like Zerk, Slayer and Warrior.

    If I miss my stagger on zerk because of the block then I get kd'd 100% of the time unless I iframe immediately after missing but then I have to run away like a newb trying to not get kd'd because I no longer have any iframes.

    Same with warriors with block or counter being in point blank range is VERY dangerous for ninjas especially if you get caught. The whole KD chain warriors can do gives them enough time for backstab to be back up. With zerks you basically die if you don't have retal lol.

    Slayers have anti-stagger and stun so you have to keep watching when they use those buffs you also die if you don't have retal and they do an ICB combo on you.

    Ninjas can't do as much damage as a reaper can with their full combos imo. Reapers have retribution to save their butts and a lot of stagger locks from a safe distance unlike ninjas which have to be right in front of X.

    If you get flame pillar from jagged path on sorc, you're screwed.

    Gunner's AB does like 40% of your HP.

    Archer stun kick combo almost 100-0s you.

    Lancers are hard to stagger through and almost impossible if they have low ping.
    Same with brawlers.

    Idk about you but trying to be decent as a ninja with 100+ ping isnt easy.

    Not saying OG classes aren't hard because they are. It's just Ninjas aren't a walk in park either.

    wow im suprised this fits like 100% of my oppinion
  • slayer sak in current meta? plz
    3s premade skyring pov
  • [q
    KEEMWL4NCG wrote: »
    slayer sak in current meta? plz
    3s premade skyring pov

    thats a pretty nice video but montages are best-of videos so they dont show you the bad games. Slayer isnt as strong as other classes in the current meta thats a fakt. True slayer mains wont be like idoneal player just because slayer is the weak atm. If you have already mastered a class "meta" is just a word for you nothing more
  • thats a pretty nice video but montages are best-of videos so they dont show you the bad games. Slayer isnt as strong as other classes in the current meta thats a fakt. True slayer mains wont be like idoneal player just because slayer is the weak atm. If you have already mastered a class "meta" is just a word for you nothing more

    every class can suffer bad games. slayers have rly good kit for pvp, and bis geared slayers r just beast, thats a faKt. every complaint about how weak they r comes from unexperienced fags with straight forward kick HT 0 damage playstyle.
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    No class is legit bad. Slayer's just too fair in a world where everyone else is pretty damn unfair, maybe they're kept kinda weak because everyone's still traumatized from FoA Slayer nearly one shotting people in ICB with Evis.

    @Michii - Timing stagger lock is a universal thing that effects every class, And ninja is pretty safe to deserve taking the damage they do, their iframes are quite generous as is how easily they can cancel into them. But it might just be me, Ninja is by far my problem class to deal with.
  • @Keti

    The problem is we NEED those iframes. We need to constantly be in point blank range of our opponent to deal damage. Any CC combo that lands on a cloth class without any protection other than our 2 rolls, is deadly. Especially in 3s. We're the only cloth class without a form of protection other than the two rolls, a 3min smoke bomb, and 1k cuts which if you have high ping is easy to cancel the cast of 1k cuts on you. Like 30% of the time I get cc' during the dash right before impact. It's a small window to cancel that iframe. And if we don't have our two rolls up to cancel, then we're screwed lol. So we have to learn to manage our rolls highly.

    We have low cd high damaging skills but are destroyed when CC'd and we don't have any form of protection other than the rolls. Sorc has two barriers, priests and Mystics got heals. Ninjas are the epitome of a glass cannon.

    The only problem with Ninja I see that is too much is Bladestorm needs to NOT grab players in like Brawler's 3rd. Other than that, I think it's a decent class to play as and against.

    Problem is if you play with low ping ninjas, they can land stun easily if you don't dodge Jagged Path or double cut. So just dodge those. :)
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    the stark difference between ninja and sorc is sorc's generally long animations while ninjas are very quick and can cancel out of most of them with iframes if they make a mistake anyways. Sorc is a true glass cannon because they have to hard commit to whatever they're doing and can't do much of anything under pressure. ninja is way too versatile and survivable if played well on their own to be a glass cannon.

    The main [filtered] thing about ninja they need to change is how they randomly have the ability to lock you out of retal/dodge skills due to a bug.
  • Keti wrote: »
    the stark difference between ninja and sorc is sorc's generally long animations while ninjas are very quick and can cancel out of most of them with iframes if they make a mistake anyways. Sorc is a true glass cannon because they have to hard commit to whatever they're doing and can't do much of anything under pressure. ninja is way too versatile and survivable if played well on their own to be a glass cannon.

    The main [filtered] thing about ninja they need to change is how they randomly have the ability to lock you out of retal/dodge skills due to a bug.

    I said this a few times but I can repeat that: The skill block you get from ninja is a result of an action from the ninja and a reaction from the target. The ninja needs to use cyrcle of steel and than cancel the last hit with the bomb. If you used your retaliate while in cycle the game thinks that u wanted to break out of cycle (because u was in air) but the animation of cyrcle is way to short and after this while u use retaliate there comes the knock up bomb. Now the game is confused and things you are in a mid stage between cyrcle and bomb. So just dont use retaliate while in cyrcle EVER. I mean cyrcle lasts like 1 sec why would anyone waste retaliate on that? Thats a problem just beginner player get because experienced player wouldnt waste retaliate on a skill like cyrcle.
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    No I'm pretty sure all kds can be equally worth retalling depending in the situation. No kds are longer than others.

    Though it doesn't matter, from what I hear from an unverified source who plays ktera. Reaper, warrior, ninja, Archer, and priest are getting smacked with the nerf bat for pvp. Supposedly for reaper whipsaw will only stagger once, won't heal. And for cable step they're removing the Swift glyph, as well as reducing range to 15m, and grim strike triple crit will only work pve.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    It being easy to avoid doesnt make it a good thing imo..its still a glitch and if it was intended its still stupid.
    Sometimes youll need to retaliate asap, the reason can be your HP being low so you can iframe away to your healers, or you want the Retaliate Buff to counter play ppl.
    Usually people wont Retaliate asap even to KD lockers if they are actually experienced lol
    The thing about this is that it shouldnt happen..kinda like how ppl can stun retal if they do it fast enough (yeah im talking about Brawlers because that thing can do it a lot, but other examples of classes that can pull it off are Slayers-Backhand- and Lancers-Leash-); the fact that you can prevent it by not retaliating doesnt make it fair, its just giving them another thing that can change everything for no reason at all.
    Thats how i see it at least, imo the reason of having that in Ninjas is the same as the reason to be the only class able to cancel the Retaliate(and any other animation) without a block..aka none
  • KEEMWL4NCG wrote: »
    slayer sak in current meta? plz
    3s premade skyring pov

    stopped watching the moment I saw a 70k eviscerate. That's never happening in NA Tera against geared players.
  • KetiKeti ✭✭
    Hello1738 wrote: »
    KEEMWL4NCG wrote: »
    slayer sak in current meta? plz
    3s premade skyring pov

    stopped watching the moment I saw a 70k eviscerate. That's never happening in NA Tera against geared players.

    I remember when it used to happen routinely in equalized :^]
Sign In or Register to comment.