There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

Comments

• How about merging the two PvE servers together and doing the same with the PvP Servers?
  • I have a question. After merge.. What happen if there is an event like kyras boxes or something like mongos in progress. Can i kill ppl to get their drop? (in case he killed a mongo for example). I am from hw, the pvp is new to me :pleased:
  • Treeshark wrote: »
    3XLLEHEF6N wrote: »
    yea how would names be handled anyways
    Stricera wrote: »
    What about names

we'll discuss that after this is settled.

I think we could follow what Tera EU is doing, whoever made their character first gets to keep it. I think that's fair but who cares about name. Merge is a merge. Finally I can slaughter Primals on my main rather than alt.
  • Please Merge, kthnx, tired of a dead server. (LoT) This is a great idea.
  • Bluezcluez wrote: »
    Treeshark wrote: »
    3XLLEHEF6N wrote: »
    yea how would names be handled anyways
    Stricera wrote: »
    What about names

we'll discuss that after this is settled.

I think we could follow what Tera EU is doing, whoever made their character first gets to keep it. I think that's fair but who cares about name. Merge is a merge. Finally I can slaughter Primals on my main rather than alt.

Then mostly everyone on VoT/LoT will get to keep any names made that are on HW..Since HW was made after these two servers.
  • AhriiAhrii ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I like the idea of merging for a higher population which means better end game. The names will obviously be an issue but I'm assuming it'll be resolved eventually. It would make sense to merge VT and LT since they're both PvP servers, however adding a PvE server like HW, just adds complications. I can only speak for HW but there's hardly any toxicity and PvP is kind of where toxic players thrive so that's my main concern, that adding LT and VT and open world PvP at lv65 would cultivate some unwanted behavior. That's an assumption since I was only on LT for a short time before I made characters on HW. A bigger population is what we need, I'm all for the idea and just hope nothing bad comes out of it. ^^
  • shinjuki wrote: »
    No i meant tr is dead, only MT and CH have a decent population left

Im on TR and its pretty good to me .-.
  • AngelishAngelish ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ahrii wrote: »
    I like the idea of merging for a higher population which means better end game. The names will obviously be an issue but I'm assuming it'll be resolved eventually. It would make sense to merge VT and HW since they're both PvE servers, however adding a PvP server like LT, just adds complications. I can only speak for HW but there's hardly any toxicity and PvP is kind of where toxic players thrive so that's my main concern, that adding LT and open world PvP at lv65 would cultivate some unwanted behavior. That's an assumption since I was only on LT for a short time before I made characters on HW. A bigger population is what we need, I'm all for the idea and just hope nothing bad comes out of it. ^^

VoT is a PvP server too, yo
  • Tsukiyo358 wrote: »
    How about merging the two PvE servers together and doing the same with the PvP Servers?

The reason for not touching the other servers, like it was stated in the original post, is because it also requires the users on those servers to go through the name conflicts, and thats unnecessary for them. We can't just add LT and VT to MT, it would basically be a new server with MT+LT+VT.

• JuaJua ✭✭
    Hi,
    I play a sorcerer on Valley of Titans and I have quit playing ever since the server is very inactive,
    I can't even transfer because I don't have the money for it.
    I think the merge should happen and include the 3 servers. And the PvP @ lvl 65 only sounds like a good compromise to everyone!
  • TriggTrigg ✭✭
    When Highwatch was made, we had the chance of a free server transfer to it. Does that mean that we would get the same chance of server transfer again? (I also went to HW in the first place because of PVE)
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Kreuziger wrote: »
    I have a question. After merge.. What happen if there is an event like kyras boxes or something like mongos in progress. Can i kill ppl to get their drop? (in case he killed a mongo for example). I am from hw, the pvp is new to me :pleased:

neither gear or loot drop from pk. The only thing that will happen is the person will die and respaw in the near camp.

Also, do people realize that the next content is PvP heavy? With the removal of alliance and crusades the only competition that will left it is GvG.

Pk at 65 will do nothing? Reason TERA is a dungeon game, you dont grind in open world. PvP is done in battlegrounds. While the only open world grind is IoD, a area were you cant PvP.

The only pk you will see is the one where people that will kill afk people when they are gathering, or in events (where a gm can disable pvp area for a moment).

So what is the negative side of PvP, if that is gonna be lvl65 only?

You guys prefer a low population server where you can afk gathering or have people to play with?
  • I have to say, based on my own experience on playing MMO, if the game begins to merge servers, the doom of the game is approaching...
    Merging servers means there are already not enough new players and old players keep leaving
  • Trigg wrote: »
    When Highwatch was made, we had the chance of a free server transfer to it. Does that mean that we would get the same chance of server transfer again? (I also went to HW in the first place because of PVE)

If we get this chance then it may cause the same thing that made VoT so dead. Last time the top 10 guilds completely transferred to MT, and since they seem to want to avoid disrupting other servers they may not like this idea.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    Merge all 3, LoT/VOT WPVP is nonexistent it might aswell be a pve tagged server
This discussion has been closed.