There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

Comments

• The fact that EME actually considering in merging server to me it pretty much means in LOT VOT there are less than 500 characters log in daily now.

tbh on VoT I have only seen maybe 40 people log on daily, I don't even log on daily anymore.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Our suggestion:
    Players at 65 can opt into pvp or neutral, which then they would be locked into that choice for X days. PvP can PK others and get PKed. Neutral would be immune to this but cannot PK others. There would be some indicator like outlaw that shows who's a PvPer and who's neutral.

(edited: permanent choice -> long-term but changeable option for pvp / neutral. Just long enough that people don't abuse this for safety then turn on pvp when they want to go offensive)
    Fleett wrote: »
    Why not PvP at 60 instead of 65 so you could get an early experience of it?...

I think we're limited to the server types that are already available from BHS/Ktera.
  • AhriiAhrii ✭✭
    Angelish wrote: »
    Ahrii wrote: »
    I like the idea of merging for a higher population which means better end game. The names will obviously be an issue but I'm assuming it'll be resolved eventually. It would make sense to merge VT and HW since they're both PvE servers, however adding a PvP server like LT, just adds complications. I can only speak for HW but there's hardly any toxicity and PvP is kind of where toxic players thrive so that's my main concern, that adding LT and open world PvP at lv65 would cultivate some unwanted behavior. That's an assumption since I was only on LT for a short time before I made characters on HW. A bigger population is what we need, I'm all for the idea and just hope nothing bad comes out of it. ^^

VoT is a PvP server too, yo

Yeah I fixed it, ty! ^~^
  • edited July 2016
    While I like this idea of a server that only allows pvp at level 65, I think even that plan is a little too much pvp as far as Highwatch is concerned. The Highwatch population is very casual, and most of the pvpers that the server once had have left the server or game at this point. Many of the more conspicuous players on the server, myself included, enjoy the ability to afk and open-world achievement- and event-farm without the possibility of being hassled by anything more than mobs who deal pinpricks of damage. An opt-out system would be ideal imo, but it makes sense if that isn't feasible at this point. I figure it would probably work out in time, but that is something to think about.

Probably best to take all of this with a grain of salt, though, since I'm someone who enjoys Highwatch even despite (and perhaps in part because of) its population issue. (I'm Lunace on Highwatch \o)

Thanks for addressing this issue! <3
  • i have 3 65's on lake of Tears and some on mount tyranus and i vote yes to the merge. mount tyranous always seems to have more players on and more items in the trade broker.
  • StrawberrypantsStrawberrypants ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I pvp plenty, but don't particularly enjoy the open-world pvp stuff in Tera. Don't think changing the server type of Highwatch after the fact is a good idea at all, because you'll likely lose players who didn't sign up for that sort of thing and transfer out or quit entirely.

More population on Highwatch would be nice, but I don't think I want that sort of merge.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know how TR is dead. TR is very much alive, so I would like to know what server you're actually on.
  • A table of names already in use for all Svs could help? And date of creation, to see who is just copying names. Im just thinking about the names problem.. There are many toxic players copying names just to pay for them.
  • quietraven wrote: »
    While I like this idea of a server that only allows pvp at level 65, I think even that plan is a little too much pvp as far as Highwatch is concerned. The Highwatch population is very casual, and most of the pvpers that the server once had have left the server or game at this point. Many of the more conspicuous players on the server, myself included, enjoy the ability to afk and open-world achievement- and event-farm without the possibility of being hassled by anything more than mobs who deal pinpricks of damage. An opt-out system would be ideal imo, but it makes sense if that isn't feasible at this point. I figure it would probably work out in time, but that is something to think about.

Probably best to take all of this with a grain of salt, though, since I'm someone who enjoys Highwatch even despite (and perhaps in part because of) its population issue. (I'm Lunace on Highwatch \o)

Thanks for addressing this issue! <3

Reason for HW being so casual is because everyone who even remotely wanted some competitiveness left. And so with every transfer season the number of players who took the game just a tiny bit seriously decreased thus leading to the next wave of transferring.
  • M-merge me, d-daddy
  • I don't know why people are worried about PvP, it makes literally no difference for the regular PvE Player. In all the time i've been on MT, I haven't been attacked once.
  • As a VoT player , I like Merging the 3 servers and making unique one .

since the leveling is so easy nowadays " you can max level in 15~ hrs " it won't affect pvp in low levels
  • NotisesNotises
    edited July 2016
    If and when the merge happens, can the offer if free transfer occur to this neo-server happen as well? There are some of us that migrate according to daily population and my priest might want to go back home.....

Why Does it look like English is not my first language. Darn you, Google!
  • Maybe merge all 3 servers, but give Highwatch players free transfer to a PVE server if they want? People who want pvp could stay in new server and ones that hates it could move.
This discussion has been closed.