Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

Comments

• I don't realy play on HW, LT or VT, but as an PVE player I wont really be happy to have to deal with open world PVP as I farm open world vanguard missions, world bams and every open world content. I don't think PVE servers shoud merge with PVP servers at all. Why not merge the two PVP servers toghether and in the case of HW i'm sure that AV can acomodate their population, as I play there and think that even though we do have a nice population, it's not overpopulated. With that we would have 2 PVE servers with good population, 2 PVP servers with OK populations (Obviously MT'll still have far more players), and one RP server. I think that would be the best option by far.

If you really want to merge a PVE server with a PVP one, then you should give everyone on the server the choise to bail out of all the stress that playing on a PVP server as a PVE only player may bring with free server transfers. Although I think that it would be suboptimal, because I think that they would just migrate to a larger server (TR), making it too crowded.

And last but not least, sorry for eventual grammar mistakes on my post, for english is not my primary language.

• BaldurdashBaldurdash ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Treeshark wrote: »

I'm crying rn

For players who chose a PVE server, open world PvP can be distressing even if only at 65.

Our suggestion:
    Players at 65 can opt into pvp or neutral, which would be permanent to the character. PvP can PK others and get PKed. Neutral would be immune to this but cannot PK others. There would be some indicator like outlaw that shows who's a PvPer and who's neutral.

I understand where your coming from, but in my experience on MT, this hasn't really been the case. I've wandered the lands incognito and even idled in PK zones and come back after hours without coming back dead. But maybe i'm lucky and an outlier?

Since Island of Dawn is protected and there isn't much reason to go anywhere else outside of the cities, I have to say in my opinion that being on a PvP enabled server is completely fine since most people AFK in Highwatch. PvP enabled isn't really a factor. I would much rather have healthier end game and economy which may come with the merger.
  • HW Represent o/ PvP65 sounds pretty good to me.
  • Nice to see a potential solution, even just thought towards a problem happening.

2 other options to consider

1. Merge the 3, but offer HW players the option of transferring to another PVE server if they're so deadset on no-pvp, since afterall they didn't sign up for this and shouldn't have to pay $$ to be in the environment they did sign up for/invest time into.

2. Offer players from other servers a free transfer to the new server for a limited time, could also help boost the population and let people return to their old friends or just try something new. idk
  • Scythera wrote: »
    Nice to see a potential solution, even just thought towards a problem happening.

1. Merge the 3, but offer HW players the option of transferring to another PVE server if they're so deadset on no-pvp, since afterall they didn't sign up for this and shouldn't have to pay $$ to be in the environment they did sign up for/invest time into.

2. Offer players from other servers a free transfer to the new server for a limited time, could also help boost the population and let people return to their old friends or just try something new. idk

Letting HW people transfer out of the new server destroys the purpose of the merge. People crying about OWPVP in this thread don't realize how little impact it'll have.
  • Scythera wrote: »
    Nice to see a potential solution, even just thought towards a problem happening.

They should give everyone free transfers. I'm on vot rn and would hate no low level pvp, because like I said before making lvl 20s and pvp'ing other lvl 20s is a lot of fun
  • If you're basically maxed on character slots for your main server, but also have multiple alts on the other servers being merged, how will they be treated?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scythera wrote: »

I think these are probably reasonable compromises, though I would hope that a lot of the HW end-game community would stick it out to try to benefit from the combined pool of end-game players. Hopefully the free "moving in" would help as well.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭
    Being someone who plays on LoT, I'd enjoy a merge. I do want to know how population will continue to be addressed? For example, Lake of Tears currently lists its population as "High" even though everyone who plays this game knows this is not the case. Even EnMasse is addressing that Lake of Tears certainly does not have a "High" population with this proposal of a server merge.

If you combine 3 servers together, will the population not also say "High"? There are too many unused/"dead" characters sitting on the server (especially a megaserver like that) for this automatic detection to work. Is there any plan to manually override this population figure or any way to encourage new players to roll on this merged server? While the population issues may be temporarily solved by a merge, you still have to realize you are merging the 3 lowest population servers.
  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    Why don't open a free server transfer to TR, MT and CH and make these the only Tera servers? I don't understand the necessity of have 7 servers, crusades are going away and there is a new big GvG content coming soon, also makes more sense have everyone together in a MMO.

For the names, just clean up these 3 servers for anyone who hasn't logged in for a 1 year or older.
  • JasonLucas wrote: »
    Why don't open a free server transfer to TR, MT and CH and make these the only Tera servers? I don't understand the necessity of have 7 servers, crusades are going away and there is a new big GvG content coming soon, also makes more sense have everyone together in a MMO.

For the names, just clean up these 3 servers for anyone who hasn't logged in for a 1 year or older.

Because while many will transfer a lot won't and then it's even worse.
  • Treeshark wrote: »
    JasonLucas wrote: »

You should still give free transfers to the people in lot, vot, and hw, since not everyone would like a lvl 65 only pvp or pvp at all
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭
    shinjuki wrote: »

You should still give free transfers to the people in lot, vot, and hw, since not everyone would like a lvl 65 only pvp or pvp at all

They did this once and everyone went to MT, remember?
  • Pages wrote: »
    shinjuki wrote: »

They did this once and everyone went to MT, remember?

Yes but that was opening a new server and they should have made transfers to hw only free, with this their actually changing the mechanics of the servers
  • I don't understand what's up with so much complaining from Highwatch players. "I dont want to get pked while doing vanguard dailies." It's called IOD,and it's a SAFE ZONE. "I don't want to get pked while lvling a character." Oh,let me teach you the way of "changing channels". Like no offense,but having open world pvp it's not as bad as it seems. You guys rather stick on your low populated pve server than accept a merge that brings so many benefits? :I
This discussion has been closed.