[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

Comments

• kknaexkknaex ✭✭

Anyone who hit the BOSS get the loot, no point of PK but some [filtered] guilds kill other ppl though
    aeee98 wrote: »
    Time to educate people on how PvP servers work

Safe Zones: All Towns, Some Rest Spots, All OW dungeons (those with hidden maps and floors and stuff), IoD, Stepstone Isle.

World Boss is too clearable in 1 now, which meant that people wont camp these spots to kill people that much anymore.

Also Gathering is going to be near useless, so once again moot point.

Clearing those 100BAMs stuff... PLEASE. 99% of PvPers cant be bothered to kill you. The 1% wouldnt go to a hard to access area too.

Tours of Duty will probably be the only one affected. And how many of the casual community actually does them?

Most of the PvPers left HW BECAUSE there was no competition. If there was they would have stayed. And I believe quite a few names will return in the new server. (Inb4 Honor rank 1 again)

reading everything that pvp players wrote here im slowly changing my mind... guess im used to other games...
    but im still worried about events...

so one more question to pvp servers: How the bam mongo event went? do ppl pk to kill it?
  • Some people chose their server type for a reason may it be pve or pvp.
    pvp server because they love pvp a lot and removing or altering anything about it would probably cause people to get dismayed.
    pve server because they don't like pvp or because they simply can't do pvp for some reason.

I personally like how I can do achievements or just wander around and be able to use all channels without thinking that any moment I can be jumped on and get hassled by pvp.

A button turning pvp on/off is out of the question if it's not in the game's hard-code and like I said, people chose a pvp server to probably be able to freely roam and kill other players whatever their level maybe.

Btw, with all due respect to those people telling other people to stop whining about pvp, I urge you to try pvping on a 300-400ms ping against a good pvp player under 150ms and don't QQ about how bad the disadvantage was when you lose. Yes, I have a 400ms normal ping. You'd probably wonder why I still play the game. Yes, I can finish all dungeons that were and currently available and I'm a tank but cmon PVP sucks with this ping and most probably I'm not the only one with ping problems.

To those people saying pvp or OWPVP is dead, well isn't that technically one of the reason why the server is going to be merge in the first place?
    Would it still be that dead after the merge?
    After reading a ton of suggestions, I think a pve server shouldn't get mixed up with a pvp server but since the merge is probably inevitable, the only suggestion I can now give is:

Give the players of the PVE/HW server a week free transfer to another least populated PVE server, whatever's left after that can be merged with the other 2 pvp server. This shouldn't be that hard.

Other than that, don't touch highwatch.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Wow lucky people. I wanted to transfer to a PVP server long ago. Well Im sad now. Please include CH please.
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    Time to educate people on how PvP servers work

Safe Zones: All Towns, Some Rest Spots, All OW dungeons (those with hidden maps and floors and stuff), IoD, Stepstone Isle.

World Boss is too clearable in 1 now, which meant that people wont camp these spots to kill people that much anymore.

Also Gathering is going to be near useless, so once again moot point.

Clearing those 100BAMs stuff... PLEASE. 99% of PvPers cant be bothered to kill you. The 1% wouldnt go to a hard to access area too.

Tours of Duty will probably be the only one affected. And how many of the casual community actually does them?

Most of the PvPers left HW BECAUSE there was no competition. If there was they would have stayed. And I believe quite a few names will return in the new server. (Inb4 Honor rank 1 again)

reading everything that pvp players wrote here im slowly changing my mind... guess im used to other games...
    but im still worried about events...

so one more question to pvp servers: How the bam mongo event went? do ppl pk to kill it?

All you have to do is land 1 hit on the bam and you get the parcel. Even if you die you still get it.
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    Between the three servers how many are of PvP and PvE? Maybe what ever the majority is, that is what type of server it should be? Just a suggestion although I think it should be a PvP server no matter what.
    And before anybody from HW says, "That's why I deserve a free tranfer!" If they just merged the PvP servers together and the PvE servers together then that would cause the same problem that created the need for more servers in the fist place. It's going to have to be a compromise.
  • if you do offer a free transfer do not allow them to go to tr or mt
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yuhata wrote: »
    Between the three servers how many are of PvP and PvE? Maybe what ever the majority is, that is what type of server it should be? Just a suggestion although I think it should be a PvP server no matter what.
    And before anybody from HW says, "That's why I deserve a free tranfer!" If they just merged the PvP servers together and the PvE servers together then that would cause the same problem that created the need for more servers in the fist place. It's going to have to be a compromise.

it is not a compromise it is you want to force pve player to be in pvp situation, those guys didnt sign to be in pvp server, so they deserve a free transfert too bad for enmasse, it is because them if they are in this [filtered] and too bad for vot and lot, if they cant to have a good server without highwatch, so is mean highwatch cant save them and they deserve to dissapear
  • I think there should be only 2 servers 1pvp and other pve
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    Separating the game into pvp and pve servers is not right. This tends to make each server homogeneous concerning the mainstream of gaming. We have channels, separating them so ppl can experience both styles freely in every server without making tough decisions upon choosing servers.
    In real-life we have smoking area and non-smoking area in each town. Otherwise, if the state ban smoking then ppl who wants to smoke will have a long trip to go or simply move out of the state. This idea can be applied to a lot of stuff, and eventually, homogeneity will destroy diversity which is one of the fundamentals for human society to develop, for games to last long.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    There should be only one server with PVP and PVE channels.
    I think there should be only 2 servers 1pvp and other pve

• YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @vkobe Uh, first of all it isn't me who wants to force anything on anybody. Second, nothing is being forced on anybody. Besides, this merge would only even affect me if they let people flood in to MT for free which would be bad for the MT server, as stated in my last comment.
    This thread is a discussion and I am participating with decent points and unbiased suggestions. You can keep that snarky little tone to yourself.
    If people are truly that unhappy with this proposal and just can't abide living in a PvP server, but can't afford the tiny bit of EMP it costs to transfer, then maybe you shouldn't be playing so many video games anyway.
  • "If people are truly that unhappy with this proposal and just can't abide living in a PvE server, but can't afford the tiny bit of EMP it costs to transfer, then maybe you shouldn't be playing so many video games anyway."
    fixed
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuhata wrote: »
    @vkobe Uh, first of all it isn't me who wants to force anything on anybody. Second, nothing is being forced on anybody. Besides, this merge would only even affect me if they let people flood in to MT for free which would be bad for the MT server, as stated in my last comment.
    This thread is a discussion and I am participating with decent points and unbiased suggestions. You can keep that snarky little tone to yourself.
    If people are truly that unhappy with this proposal and just can't abide living in a PvP server, but can't afford the tiny bit of EMP it costs to transfer, then maybe you shouldn't be playing so many video games anyway.

because is mean than enmasse cant respect their promise and the agreement, how can we trust enmasse after that?

it is not about emp, but about enmasse word, can you trust someone who lie you about something very important ?

it is like if enmasse cheat us, they promise us than if we choose pve we dont have to worry about pvp, now they break this promise, i am in tempest reach, so i dont know if later enmasse will change the pve rule with tempest reach, now i dont know if i can trust enmasse or not
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @tal10 I do not disagree with that either. But the new server should have open world PvP because at that point there would be more PvE than PvP servers to chose from. Like I said, it doesn't affect me unless they let the larger servers be transferred to for free.
    And you can't "quote" someone if you changed what was said.... just saying.
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    @vkobe Dude.... they are trying to do what people have been asking them to do for a long time. They are trying to help the people on small servers. What's with this conspiracy theory crap, like they are trying to get over on us? Come on now....
    Look at it this way also. If PvE peeps got moved to PvP server, it is easy enough to avoid PvP if you so choose and at worst a minimal inconvenience. But, we who enjoy open world PvP would not be accommodated at all.
This discussion has been closed.