[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

TERA seems not allowed their players to farm? and gear progression is exhausting?

Comments

• LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    isomemory wrote: »
    Does this mean that Tera is something a new player should avoid if they're looking for a long term MMO?

Actually it's the opposite. If you have a lot of free time and you plan on playing one game 10 hours a day every day, TERA might be perfect for you. Sure, they've done a lot of catering to "filthy casuals" like me lately. But gear progression is still grindy, hardcore and elitist as ever. TERA might not be "noob friendly", but if you put in enough time and research, eventually you will "git gud" and be able to look down on and "pwn" the rest of us noobs and filthy casuals. And at that point you will have invested far too much of your life into this game to even consider quitting. =)

Lol, agreed.
    `Gear progression is still grindy, hardcore and elitist as ever`
    `Rest of us noobs and filthy casuals`

Hahahaha :D
  • isomemory wrote: »
    Does this mean that Tera is something a new player should avoid if they're looking for a long term MMO?

Yep, you won't last a week if you are new, game sucks beyond belief even if Tera has the best action.
  • TERAs gear is easy especially now, want to see a really ridiculous (beyond ridiculous) gear grind come play some Blade and Soul.
  • Nobody forces you to update your gear. I did Lucid patch with Generation gear, and I'm doing the current patch with Starfall. If you're that cheap, you can even buy +15 weapons. Unless even a few hundreds golds if too grindy for you...
  • Darkomax wrote: »
    Nobody forces you to update your gear. I did Lucid patch with Generation gear, and I'm doing the current patch with Starfall. If you're that cheap, you can even buy +15 weapons. Unless even a few hundreds golds if too grindy for you...

Cool tell me where the 300 gold +15s are pls buddy? I'm going to buy every single one.
    Nobody forces you to update your gear. I did Lucid patch with Generation gear, and I'm doing the current patch with Starfall. If you're that cheap, you can even buy +15 weapons. Unless even a few hundreds golds if too grindy for you...

Cool tell me where the 300 gold +15s are pls buddy? I'm going to buy every single one.

I'll double that offer. 600 gold for any +15 Starfall weapon. Might even go as high as 1k if you wanna play hardball. I'm on TR. PM me with offer. =)

• DustehhDustehh
    edited July 2016
    My only problem with progression in Tera is the emphasis it places on making multiple characters in order to efficiently farm gold. I shouldn't have to make 10 characters to grind BAM dailies on if I want to make gold. They should just implement a system that allows players to grind gold at a decent rate with one character, without having to be an expert on market analysis. While the current system may be fine for veteran players, it is very unfavorable for newer players.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    That will be hard.

Playing the market is the fastest way to earn money in an MMO regardless of type, that wont change.

Regardless I rather a game that can make a party wipe countless times before clearing, than an easy one that you just need to get the gear to autowin.

I'll double that offer. 600 gold for any +15 Starfall weapon. Might even go as high as 1k if you wanna play hardball. I'm on TR. PM me with offer. =)

600 GOLD! That's way out of my league....they're yours:)

Don't tell anyone but I was actually willing to go even higher than that... few people know this about me, but I'm actually pretty rich in TERA. Like 6 figures rich. B)

(assuming at this point that people know I'm being sarcastic but just in case there's any doubt... I'm totally being sarcastic)
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    Darkomax wrote: »

Don't tell anyone but I was actually willing to go even higher than that... few people know this about me, but I'm actually pretty rich in TERA. Like 6 figures rich. B)

(assuming at this point that people know I'm being sarcastic but just in case there's any doubt... I'm totally being sarcastic)

I have 8 mill gold. Rekt m8
  • AngelishAngelish ✭✭✭
    Moroku wrote: »

I have 8 gold. Just 8. After playing for 4 years.
  • Moroku wrote: »

Not rekt. I was joking about being rich. Mang you think you're the only person in TERA with 8 million gold? I'm filthy casual. I guarantee you there are players who make your 8 million gold look like pocket change. Did you miss the part where I said I was being sarcastic? You didn't rek me, m8. I know I'm pleb. Never tried to say otherwise. =)
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moroku wrote: »

Then you are just a bit above poor.

As for farming. Well, I think being in and out of the game helps me not get burned. I might skip this patch for the most part after seeing what it has to offer. Take a rest from the game and come back in a few months or a year. That's what I do and recommend doing. By doing this, I stay with a game for MUCH longer than if I stayed for a long while and burned myself out on it. Happened to me with the 2015 Dragon Ball game. Played too much, now just watching the title screen makes my insides turn. >.<
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    Dustehh wrote: »
    My only problem with progression in Tera is the emphasis it places on making multiple characters in order to efficiently farm gold. I shouldn't have to make 10 characters to grind BAM dailies on if I want to make gold. They should just implement a system that allows players to grind gold at a decent rate with one character, without having to be an expert on market analysis. While the current system may be fine for veteran players, it is very unfavorable for newer players.

Agreed, thats how Tera today, forcing players to make multiple characters to farm gold,
    and that would be very difficult for new players..

I just want to say, if you make very strong character that means you invest your gold and effort, when some day you get an interest from it by farming efficiently. Besides, indeed.. if over-farming methodes allowed to players, that would be serious impact to economy system in Tera, but i dont know.. if there any methodes to avoid it, if there was..