Server Merge Name Conflict Resolution

Comments

• YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Nesque wrote: »
    Tzilah wrote: »
    Why not just give them their original server-name as "lastname": Zeus.Highwatch, Zeus.of.Tears and Zeus.of.Titans ?

Regards,

Tzil

Because people like me will gank every Highwatch player they see for crying on forums

This is the kind of players that made me leave LOT...
  • edited July 2016
    Phoergo wrote: »
    I am going to be really angry if they wipe all the names. I think the proposed solution is fair (and no, I don't really give a crap about the QQ from brawlers and ninjas for being new classes with less time. Y'all are already OP, stop your whining). I have 10 000+ hours on my main, and I switched to that class after 1.5 years of playing...so you can imagine how many hours I have on my account.

If they wipe names there's an 80% chance that I won't get time off work so I can rename my characters...and even if I could, WHY should I sacrifice a day of wages just for a name that I should already be entitled to based on how much I play this game?

I'm not gonna lie, I have a few alts with names that I love, and I won't be surprised if I don't get to keep them. But at least the classes that I actually enjoy playing will most likely be guaranteed to keep their name.

if you are actively playing you have nothing to worry about for name wipe.
  • RidaRida ✭✭
    Treeshark wrote: »

If you only have one character that's played all the time, sure. But for those who have multiple characters (I have one of each class) with different names, the playtime will obviously be lower than some of the players on VOT or LOT. If it absolutely comes down to having to be based on playtime, can't it be playtime in the past two-three months? That way the names aren't saved to players who've left the game nine-ten months back and are given to players who are still currently ingame playing.
  • Treeshark wrote: »
    Phoergo wrote: »
    I am going to be really angry if they wipe all the names. I think the proposed solution is fair (and no, I don't really give a crap about the QQ from brawlers and ninjas for being new classes with less time. Y'all are already OP, stop your whining). I have 10 000+ hours on my main, and I switched to that class after 1.5 years of playing...so you can imagine how many hours I have on my account.

If they wipe names there's an 80% chance that I won't get time off work so I can rename my characters...and even if I could, WHY should I sacrifice a day of wages just for a name that I should already be entitled to based on how much I play this game?

I'm not gonna lie, I have a few alts with names that I love, and I won't be surprised if I don't get to keep them. But at least the classes that I actually enjoy playing will most likely be guaranteed to keep their name.

I feel for alot of people this is true, However lets say in my case.
    I mained brawler for a few weeks and thus transfered my main name to it..But now it has low playtime...like really really low.

I just have to make sure I transfer the name back to my real main to ensure i can keep it.
  • edited July 2016

What about guild names? Are there gonna be release after 1 year of inactivity and will collide on the merge with the same rules for character names as well?
  • The thing is, if u really like one of your names, but u gave it to your new character like ninja/brawler, u can always name change before the merge, and give that name to your character that have the most play time so u will keep it.

• Maltherii wrote: »
    The thing is, if u really like one of your names, but u gave it to your new character like ninja/brawler, u can always name change before the merge, and give that name to your character that have the most play time so u will keep it.

Now that I think about it this is probably what's going to happen.
    Anything to get more people to buy EMP. ;)
    Guess it's a business decision, good work EME.
  • MorningCoffeeMorningCoffee ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Rida wrote: »

If you only have one character that's played all the time, sure. But for those who have multiple characters (I have one of each class) with different names, the playtime will obviously be lower than some of the players on VOT or LOT. If it absolutely comes down to having to be based on playtime, can't it be playtime in the past two-three months? That way the names aren't saved to players who've left the game nine-ten months back and are given to players who are still currently ingame playing.
    It would be an easy solution just to do a name wipe so that inactive players don't get precedence over active ones, THEN have playtime take precedence.
  • AccelAccel ✭✭
    so what servers are getting the merge?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accel wrote: »
    so what servers are getting the merge?
    See the other sticky thread -- the proposal is VoT, LoT, and HW.
  • I agree with Treeshark's proposed way of deciding who gets which name. Here's why.

I have the name 'Chip' on MT and CH.
    I play on both MT and CH so I play with the name Chip often on both of these servers.

Now, I joined TERA after it went F2P and after KNXX release. I've logged into TERA every week since I started playing.
    If my server was getting merged with 2 others, and I know someone on the other server also has had the name Chip, I would not want to take his name from him if he has been playing longer and for more hours than me. That would be unfair and selfish of me.

If I was in the current situation and I played on Hightwatch: If you brought me and the 2 others with the name Chip into a group chat and everyone was civil and level headed, I would extend my name out to whoever has played the most out of the group and the other 2 people would agree that it's the fairest option.
    You shouldn't reward whoever has more resources and a faster computer who also isn't forced to accommodate IRL needs or work that morning.

Another issue is the new classes, but if I changed my main to Ninja and named my ninja to Chip, I would sure as hell spend 60k to name change my ninja to something random, then name change my previous main, lancer, back to Chip (so my version of the name Chip holds the most play-time I can possibly give it).
    If you want to use the argument of 60k being a lot to spend to keep a name, you can make over 60k under a day farming BGs. If you're not willing to farm that then the name probably doesn't mean that much to you.

Lastly, when Highwatch came out + last name released happened, MT had a field day reserving all the good names possible.
    CH also had a field day reserving all the good names possible.
    EVERYONE had a field day reserving all the good names possible.
    If they make it first come first serve again, I promise you we will all be here again trying to take as many good names as possible.
  • TzilahTzilah ✭✭
    Nesque wrote: »
    Tzilah wrote: »
    Why not just give them their original server-name as "lastname": Zeus.Highwatch, Zeus.of.Tears and Zeus.of.Titans ?

Regards,

Tzil

Because people like me will gank every Highwatch player they see for crying on forums

Lol :awesome:

You're mean, you! ;-)

Tzil
  • @Tzilah just sayin' why it's an stupid idea of having '.Highwatch' '.LoT' etc in the end of your nickname.
  • TzilahTzilah ✭✭
    @Nesque It is not a stupid idea. You might think that it is a stupid idea because you would use it to grief other.

It's not the idea, which is stupid, my good man... It's you ;-)
  • RIP DOLL! (No one said it, so I had to !)
This discussion has been closed.