There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Are you on Highwatch, Lake of Tears, or Valley of Titans? Please read and give feedback!

Comments

• PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    @Eiiji
    That, the skill that you can only attack someone else with the skill on, the PvP on/off channels and other ideas like make ppl choose if they want to PvP or not when they create their characters will be hard to get. The game would need to be changed to add something like that, not only it would be hard to get it would take longer for this to happen
    Thats really the only problem with the new ideas..will be hard to get something that need to change the game to work.
  • RoyceeRoycee
    edited July 2016
    9b9206c4802b2a5d99914e2d8fd7707d.png
    Im pleased to present this to you all
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    so why lot and vot is highwatch problem ? keep your problem for yourself and dont share it with us
    HW players have said repeatedly that they do have a problem in attracting and maintaining a dedicated/skilled end-game community. This is the problem this is trying to solve by doing two things: 1) providing an immediate boost by merging in LoT and VoT players, and 2) creating a new, unique style of server that has a chance of bringing in people going forward. (In the recent big thread about HW problems, one of the key takeaways was that HW's weakness was that it had no unique attracting factor even though it had the "recommended" label.)

So this is about HW's problem, and leveraging the situation in VoT and LoT to give a more unique (if different) identity for the server going forward. Again, throughout this entire thread you've been nothing but one-issue-campaigning about how horrible it is to force PvP on PvE players, but you need to also consider the larger issues at stake for all three servers involved.

they also said than they wish to be merged with pve server or a free transfert, in worst case merge highwatch with pve server

and create a new hybrid pvp server
  • @Roycee thanks for lulz
  • Eiiji wrote: »
    Let's put this PvP, PvE thing to a side and think about it again. Let's say EME merged these three servers into one. We are already considering HW as a dead server, and those other two servers are in worse condition than HW, then how this server merge will make anyone happy actually? In one month, if not longer, people will again start to complain about the emptiness and lack of LFGs, end game dungeon runs in this new server, I really can see it from now. This server merge won't create anything but only another dead server.

Not really. All separate, they need help, but if you combine them together, it's a pretty decent size server that can rival the rest. It's like Voltron.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    so why lot and vot is highwatch problem ? keep your problem for yourself and dont share it with us
    HW players have said repeatedly that they do have a problem in attracting and maintaining a dedicated/skilled end-game community. This is the problem this is trying to solve by doing two things: 1) providing an immediate boost by merging in LoT and VoT players, and 2) creating a new, unique style of server that has a chance of bringing in people going forward. (In the recent big thread about HW problems, one of the key takeaways was that HW's weakness was that it had no unique attracting factor even though it had the "recommended" label.)

So this is about HW's problem, and leveraging the situation in VoT and LoT to give a more unique (if different) identity for the server going forward. Again, throughout this entire thread you've been nothing but one-issue-campaigning about how horrible it is to force PvP on PvE players, but you need to also consider the larger issues at stake for all three servers involved.

they also said than they wish to be merged with pve server or a free transfert, in worst case merge highwatch with pve server

and create a new hybrid pvp server
    Merging with another PvE server is not on the table, and neither is reprogramming game functionality to do something it doesn't do now. As we already discussed over like 25 pages ago in this thread, offering a transfer is a possible compromise that may be necessary for those who feel that strongly about it, but beyond that it's still beneficial for HW to be involved in this merger.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭
    Treeshark wrote: »
    Eiiji wrote: »
    Let's put this PvP, PvE thing to a side and think about it again. Let's say EME merged these three servers into one. We are already considering HW as a dead server, and those other two servers are in worse condition than HW, then how this server merge will make anyone happy actually? In one month, if not longer, people will again start to complain about the emptiness and lack of LFGs, end game dungeon runs in this new server, I really can see it from now. This server merge won't create anything but only another dead server.

Not really. All separate, they need help, but if you combine them together, it's a pretty decent size server that can rival the rest. It's like Voltron.

Except that you're merging servers who want and dont want PVP and you're going to have a hell of a time pleasing everyone. I ask that you go to page 45 and read my post, and consider things. Not trying to be rude. @Treeshark
  • @Treeshark It's going to be able to rival other servers if you will enable free server transfer from existing servers ONLY to a new one.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @Treeshark The problem, is it's like trying to combine Power Rangers with Captain Planet.

Wind....fire....heart....Red Ranger - with our powers combined, we become......

Disfigured captain-megatard, that trips on its first step.

Better to keep the power rangers with the power rangers, and the caption planets with the captain planets.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Roycee wrote: »

277360TERAScreenShot20160301042930.png

i have the right to dance where i want in channel 1 and be afk with my cute elin

so no i dont want to be merged with your trap server
  • @Dokibun I vote for your suggestion since literally everyone is going to be happy if it happen.

(Except for some who can't live without being named 'Player' 'Killer' etc)
  • NesqueNesque
    edited July 2016
    @vkobe IoD is a safe zone....u can afk there for years on PvP server without being killed too...
  • OK, some people don't get the reason for merging those 3 servers. People from HW can merge to those two servers without poblems, why?

Let me give you this as an example: I have 10 chars on HW, almost all of them has costumes, so I won't be deleting anyone, I am a pve focus player, I have 12 chars on CH, so I can't go there, and I have 8 chars on AV. None of those 2 I can't join, lots of ppl like me, but I can join those 2 servers, I need one char on each to keep some old stuff I have in banks, then after merging, when banks are merged, then I can delete those extra chars.

I said it before, we can give PVP to only those which learned Outlaw declaration, so pvp players can have their pvp and pve players won't learn it, so they can do their pve. This is the best idea. if it is not possible, give ppl from HW one free server transfer and make the new server the way you want it. But again I prefer a little programming to Outlaw declaration and have a perfect new server with everyone being happy.

Final solution: if ppl keep trolling, merge those 2 PVP servers, Give one free transfer to HW server from other servers with 500 EMP reward for one day or two day. Only level 65 chars can be transferred.

Questions:

what happens to guilds and guild banks?

Is it possible to keep a char to save items in banks, and when server merged, and bank merged, before we join the server, delete the extra chars we have on the new server?

• PantsuPantsu ✭✭
    Roycee wrote: »

277360TERAScreenShot20160301042930.png

i have the right to dance where i want in channel 1 and be afk with my cute elin

so no i dont want to be merged with your trap server

Your Elin isn't cute and your waifu is [filtered]. Also in that picture you're on the old IoD, you can go to that same spot on any PvP server and dance all you want, as it's a PvP-Safe zone.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nesque wrote: »
    @vkobe IoD is a safe zone....u can afk there for years on PvP server without being killed too...

it was last day of island of dawn when i made this screenshot and it is channel 1, because it is only in this channel i could find other cute elin to share the last day of our favorite island
This discussion has been closed.