There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Bring back Mongo hunting exclusively during weekends only!!

Please bring back the fun Mongo hunting again only for weekends (Saturday & Sunday) with various random items/prizes on the drop loot (Any accessories/costumes/materials/etc.) For rare items such as dyads and innerwear armors, their drop rate will have 3x more lower chance than the event we had in the past days for it to be fair on the RNG side.

Comments

• They should bring Blue Box event "Or Caiman eggs event " with same drops as mongos ..
  • They should bring Blue Box event "Or Caiman eggs event " with same drops as mongos ..

So yeah, the mongo event was similar to past blue box and caiman events, but wasn't the mongo event more fun?

• SrosaSrosa ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Treeshark wrote: »
    They should bring Blue Box event "Or Caiman eggs event " with same drops as mongos ..

So yeah, the mongo event was similar to past blue box and caiman events, but wasn't the mongo event more fun?

finding them? yes, catching them? yes, loot? nope, did it drop good stuff? nope, but overall i love mongo events fun time! but loot drops was disappointed... ._.

wtb unity stole from treeshark so i can catch him so he can give me free scarf :^)
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    They should bring Blue Box event "Or Caiman eggs event " with same drops as mongos ..

A mongo ate my cat
  • Treeshark wrote: »

Mongos were ok...But I liked that blue boxes have coloured names and look much more appealing, feels like a true treasure hunt. Give us some nice treasure hunt event for consumables (mwa/feed/dyads) and don't add costumes to the loot, costumes should stay in store to provide revenue not as random drops.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Srosa wrote: »

finding them? yes, catching them? yes, loot? nope, did it drop good stuff? nope, but overall i love mongo events fun time! but loot drops was disappointed... ._.

wtb unity stole from treeshark so i can catch him so he can give me free scarf :^)

I made out with

5xSwift Hardies

1xCrit Undies

1xSwift Relentless

Lots of other things

And didn't farm much, for me loot was perfect
  • Aulon wrote: »

I made out with

5xSwift Hardies

1xCrit Undies

1xSwift Relentless

Lots of other things

You most likely took part in 3x event then.

Mongo hunting was very fun. If we had it every weekends only exclusive type of event, that would be really great. There are a lot of games I know of that does special weekend events which start around late Friday night and end after the midnight of Monday.

It was, especially because there seems to have been a lot of thought put into this event. It is fun because the mongo that you found is going to be different, instead of the same one - and based on that you can calculate what types of loot you'd have a chance of getting. It was fun getting excited to find a tier 3 or superior mongo. (It was slightly disappointing to get 35 masterwork alkahests from them though, but I understand how RNG works :pleased:)
  • Aulon wrote: »

I made out with

5xSwift Hardies

1xCrit Undies

1xSwift Relentless

Lots of other things

GG right there,

well my best loot was

noble moon mount ._. no unity stole as others who found it and no use for them -wtb unity stole tradeable version-
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

To me it was fun, to hunt mongos knowing the more i hunt, the better versions of them will appear dropping better loot. However, as Spacecats said, a lot of people felt that they were not part of the mongo hunt due to how rare to find a mongo was, even the common ones. So knowing that the next mongo hunt will have a lot more mongos spread through the world is good.

But we all miss the caiman and blue box hunts too. You can make the mongo hunt into a generic event that happens from time to time to keep us busy with something, while the Blue box and Caiman hunt can be used for special dates or holidays. Like, for example:
    - The blue box hunt can be tied to Kyras Potion Shack. By now you can confirm that the players liked a lot this method far more than the others when it comes to getting catalyst in game.
    - Caiman Egg hunt can be tied to events like Easter and similars, same as how the Santa Hunt was during Christmas.
    - Mongo Hunt can happen generically without having to wait for a special date or holiday, like in between patches to keep us doing something.
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Ugh, stupid real life! I always miss out on the good stuff. Kek.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Sirekappa wrote: »
    Aulon wrote: »

I made out with

5xSwift Hardies

1xCrit Undies

1xSwift Relentless

Lots of other things

You most likely took part in 3x event then.

No and also got a Noble Moon and know others that did very well
  • DivineRemnantDivineRemnant ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I honestly thought loot was more than enough as well.

I got 6 Swiftly Hardies, 1 Swiftly Relentless, 1 Swiftly Grieving, around 300 titan's embers, 1 Crit Undies, 2 Chilly Little Clouds, 800 MWA, 500 Spellbind, 100 Premium Alkahest, 100 Divine Infusions, 140 Valiant Potions, 6 Cromatic Chapeau, like a billion blue tie-ups, 112 Fed Goddesses, 20 Semi enigmatic scrolls, 5 box-worth of GF tokens, 24 dyad structures, several feedstock for tier 8, 9 and 10, and 2 unity stoles one of which I gave out to the first person who PM'd me for free :chuffed:. Oh, and some adorable seafood caps as well.

I took part in 2 x3 events, one like 2-3 days before the event was over and 1 at the last 3 hours of the event, but I found my first cloud and the 16 crit inners without an increased spawn rate event. A lot of people started to realize how great this event was, and every area was crowded with people, though. I wish they stayed ignorant :p

What was annoying was finding mongoats, mongorillas, and monghosts that pretended to be mongos and they actually weren't :cry:
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    All I got was enchanting stuff, fc, and pots. Not one hardy, mount, cosmetic.