Server Disconnection Issue

Comments

• I didn't have any problems yesterday afternoon and today before maintenance, however since servers are up I DC every 15 minutes again.... Europe.
  • This time round I am not getting disconnected. But it happened last week and the week before. It is a persistent problem. Something must be done on this matter.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Sorry for the lack of response. This is something the ops team was looking into yesterday but failed to find a specific cause. TERA server stability was fine on our end, showing no spikes.

Is anyone experiencing this problem from inside the NA region? Because so many people seem to be having this trouble while playing from outside NA, It's possible that this is an overseas connectivity issue - ie a hacker blue whale swam into an underwater internet cable or something similar that we don't have any control over. I'll continue to check for updates in case there is some factor that has not been explored yet.

I just dc'd 5 minutes ago in the open world. Wasn't doing anything at all. Playing from an hour from the servers, north of Chicago.
  • edited August 2016
    Mazina wrote: »
    This time round I am not getting disconnected. But it happened last week and the week before. It is a persistent problem. Something must be done on this matter.

If we're having trouble identifying the cause of today's disconnects, we almost certainly can't identify a disconnect from one or two weeks ago. There are a lot of things that can interfere with internet connectivity, and many of those things don't show up on our server monitors because it's outside our system. All we can do for now is identify if today's problem has anything to do with TERA servers.

You see... the Internet is a series of tubes... and... ah, nevermind. We'll do whatever we can to solve this. If it's truly a TERA server issue, we can then likely do something.
  • Spacecats, Florida here..same exact problems. It's hitting the entire span of the globe from South America, to the UK, to Middle Earth..maybe it's a coding problem within the client that's causing it versus an internet route issue? I dunno..I just started playing again 2 days ago so I'm basing everything off the other comments I'm reading.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    I just dc'd 5 minutes ago in the open world. Wasn't doing anything at all. Playing from an hour from the servers, north of Chicago.

Thanks for posting. That info might help the situation.
  • If you want I can PM you EME-Diagnostic report Spacecats.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Well I cant play tera right now because Im afraid of the huge lag.
  • dced just 1 sec ago
    it will never be fixed
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Sorry for the lack of response. This is something the ops team was looking into yesterday but failed to find a specific cause. TERA server stability was fine on our end, showing no spikes.

Is anyone experiencing this problem from inside the NA region? Because so many people seem to be having this trouble while playing from outside NA, It's possible that this is an overseas connectivity issue - ie a hacker blue whale swam into an underwater internet cable or something similar that we don't have any control over. I'll continue to check for updates in case there is some factor that has not been explored yet.

hacker blue whale? you're so funny, maybe you should consider idea of becoming a comedian...
  • Nothing worked for me. Game keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes. I also play from Europe.
  • I thought the problem had been solved, well I'm lagging and getting dc again.
    Nothing new in my internet settings nor game settings, no other programs running and I'm sure it's not my system's fault - both my browsing and my internet speed are okay, and I have enough experience online to tell if it's client or server.
    Sooooo...
  • check the new reconnect system, things triggered after that for most players outside of NA and now getting more or everyone. Those cows in server room are up to something lol
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    I got the same issue just now, playing from the eastern europe.
  • Hi everyone. We are still looking into the number of disconnects that people are experiencing. I have a few questions:

1. Is TERA also taking a really long time to start?
    2. Are you running Windows 10?
    3. Do you have an exception in Windows Defender for TERA?
    4. What are you doing in game when you disconnect?
    5. Are you kicked completely out of the game or are you kicked to the server or character select screen?