Server Disconnection Issue

Comments

• 1. The game loads normal as far as I can tell
    2. I'm running Win 7 64-Bit
    3. I use Microsoft Security Essentials and I didn't have an exception put in, but I tried that yesterday. It hasn't changed anything at all.
    4. Sometimes I just AFK for 10 minutes to watch TV and when I look over it's disconnected. Other times, I'll go kill a few mobs and in the middle of it all everything just goes 'linkdead' and non-responsive. Animations stop, pressing buttons doesn't work and the Disconnected message appears.
    5. I'm kicked back to the server selection screen where it then lets me log back in instantly. Once in a while, it closes the game client completely.
  • Geletron wrote: »
    Hi everyone. We are still looking into the number of disconnects that people are experiencing. I have a few questions:

1. Is TERA also taking a really long time to start?
    2. Are you running Windows 10?
    3. Do you have an exception in Windows Defender for TERA?
    4. What are you doing in game when you disconnect?
    5. Are you kicked completely out of the game or are you kicked to the server or character select screen?

1. No like usual.
    2. Yes
    3. Never had exception cause never had similar issues but ill try that
    4. Not something specific sometimes standing in town or in dungeon , when i reach 15 mins i get disconnected
    5. I jump to server selection .
    p.s i play from Europe
    Hi everyone. We are still looking into the number of disconnects that people are experiencing. I have a few questions:

5. Are you kicked completely out of the game or are you kicked to the server or character select screen?

1. No, like usual
    2. Windows 8 64 bit
    3. Never had exception
    4. Different stuff, sometimes its IoD bams, Ace dungeon, or just afk
    5. I just get information that I have been disconnected from server and when I click OK, I get back to character selection.

Last couple of hours have been fine for me though (Eastern Europe) didn't have any disconnections.
  • crlfranciscrlfrancis ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Geletron wrote: »

1. No, takes under 10 seconds to start game. But if not restart game completely game often get stuck on "connecting to server" screen (after you press Select Server).
    2. No. Win7 Ultimate SP1 x64
    3. Not using it (disabled)
    4. Randomly. Sometimes when just pulling boss in dungeon (today happened right after pulled SSHM 1st boss). Sometimes when just standing in middle of Highwatch.
    5. After presing OK game returns to server selection screen. See #1

Such issues began to happen about a month ago, usualy get 1-3 DC per day (4-8 hrs ingame time per day). Never got disconnected before (with "You were disconnected from server" message).
  • kornfqkornfq
    edited August 2016

5. Are you kicked completely out of the game or are you kicked to the server or character select screen? .

1. No.
    2. Windows 8.1 64 bit
    3. I turned of Windows defender !
    4. IM / DUngeons / AFK still disconnects
    5. a window pop's up saying you have been disconected from the server and asking me to select a server.

1. No.
    2. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    3. Yes and also disabled.
    4. It varies. I'd be running around doing achievements, battlegrounds, dungeons, or AFK in town.
    5. Sometimes kicked completely out of the game or kicked to the server.

Answers:
    1. Nope i have no problems starting TERA.
    2. Im on Windows 7.
    3. I dont have a Windows Defender, I Even turn off my Antivirus
    4. Doing a dungeon run (Channel Works) or sometimes just doing nothing.
    5. I keep getting disconnected/kicked from the server for every 5-10mins.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Answers:

1. Nope
    2. Yes
    3. Nope. But never had any problems before
    4. Standing in velika or doing dungeons
    5. When this happened the first time yes I was kick to the server selection screen. The succeeding ones just makes me run around and I cant attack but I can see the other players chat me and ask my why Im not moving around but Im lag and cant do anything. This last around a minute or two.
  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

1. Yes, but it's probably because my bad CPU.
    2. Yes, Windows 10(64)
    3. I don't use Windows Defender and I can guarantee that my current antivirus isn't related.
    4. It happens often while I'm in dungeons, everything stops and my ms goes to 0. Some times I get the server disconnect message or everything went back to normal after a spam of things happening.
    5. Server select.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Sorry for the lack of response. This is something the ops team was looking into yesterday but failed to find a specific cause. TERA server stability was fine on our end, showing no spikes.

Is anyone experiencing this problem from inside the NA region? Because so many people seem to be having this trouble while playing from outside NA, It's possible that this is an overseas connectivity issue - ie a hacker blue whale swam into an underwater internet cable or something similar that we don't have any control over. I'll continue to check for updates in case there is some factor that has not been explored yet.

So a blue whale it's eating the internet cables?.... Bad whale !! :awesome:
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭

1. No.
    2. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.
    3. Never had exception.
    4. Sometimes FWC, sometimes just walking around in towns.
    5. Tera windows is suddenly minimized, when I maximize it I see an image like OP's. So I click there, go to the server screen, click on my server and log in my character.

I got DC only 1 time yesterday tho, but I felt a lot of lag in the night.
  • So far I haven't dc'ed today..is this actually fixed? ;x
  • We haven't been able to track down what is causing lag for everyone yet, but the information you are providing helps us.

We saw a spike this week in an error that happens when it takes longer than 5 minutes to get from logging into the launcher to getting into the game (authorization tokens expire after 5 minutes). We extended the timeout yesterday to 15 minutes and we are monitoring it today to see if that helps reduce that type of error.

We will continue to monitor the game servers and make adjustments to reduce disconnect errors.
  • RieuRieu ✭✭

ok it just happened again to me, like 5mins ago, so yeah
    1. no
    2. no, win8 64bit
    3. yes
    4. random timing, when I do dungeons, when I do iod, even when Im just afk there doing nothing. still can see people moving, or their chats, or the boss's mechanics, I just cant input any chat or command then few sec later Server disconnected.
    5. being kicked to the server selection screen. got stuck there for a min also.

• Download more RAM.