[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Areas with only one channel

Some areas that typically have 3 channels now only have 1, so far confirmed Essenia and Val Elenium to be on this list.

Comments

• Also poporia went from 5 channels to 3.
  • StarbuzzStarbuzz ✭✭✭
    Maybe to condense the new players so they can chat and possibly help each other out instead of being scattered in different channels never to be found.
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Starbuzz wrote: »
    Maybe to condense the new players so they can chat and possibly help each other out instead of being scattered in different channels never to be found.

The problem is that world bosses spawn in each channel- those people that like to hunt them depend on each having more than a single channel to kill them in.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    This happened when the last new fly zone went in also. Maybe it's connected to that. (I remember Essenia being one channel, and also around Elenea)
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    T_T noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

maybe get 2 ch but no only one ;_;
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Starbuzz wrote: »

im guess multiple ch are designed for pvp servers ( MT is the only ones since server merge )
  • ChocobananaChocobanana ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Maybe is just a temporary problem and EME gonna put back all the channels later, there are maps like Tulufan or Chebika where you can fly too and them both still have 7 ch... this happened a few times already with the Val Oriyn zone after a patch or something, then after a while the ch were added back, well i think that at least.
  • We're looking into this and it's not immediately clear what's going on. Our server settings show that there should be more channels, only they aren't showing up in-game. This is a new one for us!
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    We're looking into this and it's not immediately clear what's going on. Our server settings show that there should be more channels, only they aren't showing up in-game. This is a new one for us!

So, what happened to this? 1 week passed already from the last patch and we still just have 1 channel in those maps... was hoping to see the change today after this maintenance but nope, not changes..
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    We're looking into this and it's not immediately clear what's going on. Our server settings show that there should be more channels, only they aren't showing up in-game. This is a new one for us!

So, what happened to this? 1 week passed already from the last patch and we still just have 1 channel in those maps... was hoping to see the change today after this maintenance but nope, not changes..

Please do something about this.
  • Starbuzz wrote: »
    Maybe to condense the toxic players so they can dominate the area and possibly keep other players from completing their quests instead of being scattered in different channels where solo players might have a chance at completing stuff they want to do.

Fixed that quote for you m8.

Oops... sorry, old thread. But my point still stands.

• Seems again another problem that gonna be ignored till half of the server complain about not be able to get achievements from killing World Bosses in these maps becos of the lack of channels which was 3-4 ch before and now just 1 after the last patch.
  • @Spacecats it's been over 2 weeks, is somebody gonna put more channels or not? Essenia and Val Elenium have world bosses with long spawns and its making it impossible for some of us to finish world boss achivement in time before the achivement is gonna get erased or nerfed. Some of us have come really far to give up now.
  • world bosses revamp happens soon I assume, but I agree in 1 channel areas Sniper really really annoy the [filtered] outta me. Hursaras for example took me ages to get him.