[PC] Maintenance is completed!

Server LAGGING

After the "maint" login takes forever, my ping went up by 40. Please fix.

Comments

• We could use a little more info. What world region are you playing from? Does it seem like you're the only one lagging? A jump of 40 milliseconds should be barely noticeable. What's your total ping at?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    While we're talking about post maintenance issues, my launcher takes much longer to start the game than it used to. Also when I play in full-screen mode, alt tabbing back into the game hits me with a black screen for several seconds before the game loads. Prior to the maintenance, tabbing back in was pretty much instant, and the game booted up super quick on my solid state drive. I've also experienced issues recording with Open Broadcast Software since the maintenance, but that could be unrelated.

Anyone else having these issues?

• voidy wrote: »
    While we're talking about post maintenance issues, my launcher takes much longer to start the game than it used to.

We're just talking about lag here. What you're describing is another topic and the best thing to do is contact Customer Support so they can help you troubleshoot: http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tickets/submit
  • I'm from TR and ping went to 250-350, after relog my ping jumps alot between 150 and 200.
  • Idolon wrote: »
    my ping used to be around 110, now its 180 - 350. New solo/story dungeon also freezes game alot and game takes longer to launch.

I noticed same thing with freezing, during cutscenes.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm spiking as well as dcing. Playing from Northern Illinois
  • My ping was 25,000....no joke....lol Cannot play at all right now. Internet is working fine otherwise.
  • Thanks for the replies, everyone. Please keep the info coming, and remember to include what area you're playing from and what in-game activities you're doing so we can try to find out what's going on. Knowing that some people have high ping is information we already have :p
  • I'm in the USA (east coast) and my ping was always around 30-60. Recently I've been having some spikes that make my ping jump to about 180 - 240 ms for a few minutes. It always seems to happen after about 5 or 6 o'clock pm EST, if that helps.
  • My latency has increased by 60-70 and isn't lowering at all.. Sitting at 200 at the moment while my usual is 130+/-...
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Ever since the patch, i am having 1-2 second delays on all of my skills in all dungeons. NO Bueno Amigo. Overall i feel extremely slow on dungeons too, having those delays really is impacting my game. My launcher also takes considerably longer to load the game than before. I constantly have ping spikes from a decent 45 ms to up to 300ms, which makes playing dungeons really hard.
    I play from Austin Texas.
  • I will put my inputs too after the new patch.

1. The new solo dungeon WAS badly lag around 5 fps at last boss. Ping spikes to 1k. Camera was barely able to rotate.
    2. HW fps drops to 20 it used to be around 30-40 fps and with some other cases around 70 ++ (when no one nearby)

My machine spec: i7 6700HQ, GTX960 and 8gb ram.
  • Playing from germany, usually my ping is around 200ish, my specs are not the best for Tera, but I can still manage. Yet in the new solo dungeon the game actually completely froze (not lagged) for 10-15 seconds after the cutscene for the last boss. Took another minute(!) or so before stuttering and minor freezes stopped.
    Had this happened in a party dungeon... rip.

(Also sometimes having the dc issues mentioned in another thread, but happens very rarely for me.)
  • unplayable right now, its so laggy, the solo dungeon stutters and freezes, 1-2 second delays on casting any skills. Tried IOD bams as well, and experiencing the same lag and freezing there.
  • At around 10:00pm EST my ping went up to about 580, like I said before, it's usually around 60 or so. When the spike was over it was still at least about 130.