Game Crashed and is now doing Huge Update?

I was playing when all of a sudden, my game crashed and started doing an eight hour update? I've been googling for help but have found nothing. Can someone help explain?

Best Answer

• GeletronGeletron admin
    Accepted Answer
    It is the same update that came through the launcher yesterday. We updated the build hosted on Steam to the live version.

Answers

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started the game right now, but i find weird this too. I play from Steam, and the moment i press the launch button, Steam starts to update my TERA. If this is to fix the lagg and ping spikes that are happening since yesterday patch, then im good, but i don't understand why this update is so big.
  • Same here. I wasn't playing, but went to open the launcher and am now stuck in patching..what's going on? I have noo idea.
  • Also, i ran the post maintenance patch yesterday, so it isn't that.
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Launcher patched the game yesterday and I was playing without problems. And now, steam is downloading a 6.8 GB patch, what the [filtered] is going on? Since my internet is slow I dont want to download a huge patch like that, I wont do that.
  • I did notice after the patch yesterday that there were connection issues for many players (including me) but this huge of an update? A little weird.
  • I had the actual latest update from yesterday, but that was via the game's Launcher, not via Steam.

However, as I am typing this, TERA is currently being updated for 9.4 GB via Steam itself, not via the Launcher.

What is that update?
  • LoveberriLoveberri ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Why is there an unnnounced, unlisted patch the size of New York downloaded on a non-patch day right now? It's 25% of current game size. Is it going to solve all our problems of terrible frame rates, general performance, ping, and bring a cure for cancer? Otherwise what can possibly be so large? It's more than most content updates.

4a05bca5d6.jpg

• The version on Steam was running a version behind so we updated it to the live version.
  • Geletron wrote: »
    It is the same update that came through the launcher yesterday. We updated the build hosted on Steam to the live version.

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation.
  • Could we get a heads up next time? Unless i missed it somewhere, in which case, apologies. But it would be nice to see a little more communication around here.
  • Sorry about that. We normally update the Steam client and the launcher patch at the same time during maintenance. We missed updating the Steam client during maintenance yesterday and we didn't realize how it would affect players when we finished uploading it this morning. This was an unusual circumstance that we are working to avoid in the future.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch finished downloading. Unfortunately this did not fixed the current lag issues caused by yesterday patch. Guess is time to send a ticket.
  • EllieChuEllieChu ✭✭✭
    Geletron wrote: »
    Sorry about that. We normally update the Steam client and the launcher patch at the same time during maintenance. We missed updating the Steam client during maintenance yesterday and we didn't realize how it would affect players when we finished uploading it this morning. This was an unusual circumstance that we are working to avoid in the future.

except its not an unusual thing. It has happend multiple times in the past
  • Even that explanation has me wondering what could have been added or changed to warrant such a size. That's yearly patch size.